I am not sure who I want to start at QB?

And I might add, he's been going back to his personal QB coach for development since he got to UM every opportunity he could. Kid has never given up; he just wasn't given the shot to show what he could do.

Everyone I talk to that I consider a knowledgeable source has told me he has the highest ceiling of anyone(prior to Martell coming in). It was a real buzzkill to hear he was thinking of transferring last November/December

Advertisement
That I'm not sure about, unless you're saying that's how it ended up. Georgia recruited Fields very hard with Frohm already there and if the rumors are true, they paid quite a lot for him.
I know what's true brother. I know a few people over that way. They sure as **** paid a chunk for him than realized quickly the lemon law ain't got nothing to do with 5 star QBs. They apparently made a bad read on him of lil Johnny proportions. Cause they are convinced just that quickly he doesnt have what's needed upstairs. That's the only reason frohm won out over him or eason. Kids a real tactician back there.

And I might add, he's been going back to his personal QB coach for development since he got to UM every opportunity he could. Kid has never given up; he just wasn't given the shot to show what he could do.
Anytime hed go home or Quincy would be here they'd work together. He realized quickly lil Johnny was gonna turn him into ****kowski if gave the chance.

I know what's true brother. I know a few people over that way. They sure as **** paid a chunk for him than realized quickly the lemon law ain't got nothing to do with 5 star QBs. They apparently made a bad read on him of lil Johnny proportions. Cause they are convinced just that quickly he doesnt have what's needed upstairs. That's the only reason frohm won out over him or eason. Kids a real tactician back there.
That makes sense then. So, they think even though he makes plays, he doesn't have the smarts? Seems like if I were in charge, I'd give him more than a year to figure it out; especially since I invested a lot to get him. Oh well, don't care about him or Ugay but interesting.

Advertisement
I like N'kosi's experience and arm, but don't like his immaturity.
I like Jarrren's arm and accuracy. don't dislike anything other than I would like him to look/be a bit more cut muscular than soft body wise.
I like Tate's moxie and hype (hope it is all true). Nothing at this point that I don't like, but his height. May not be an issue (see Kyler Murray).

So I guess I will just enjoy the competition and see who wins it. I finally think that when we do find our QB, he will be a pretty **** good one and it has been a long time since this Canes fan has felt that way.

Strap 'em up boys and get after it. It is someones for the taking. :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:

Who you guys like? No need to explain, just a name so I can get a feeling who y'all are pulling for.
Peace.
If Martell bore any resemblance to Kyler Murray he would still be at Ohio State

That makes sense then. So, they think even though he makes plays, he doesn't have the smarts? Seems like if I were in charge, I'd give him more than a year to figure it out; especially since I invested a lot to get him. Oh well, don't care about him or Ugay but interesting.
I get ur view. Its important to remember it's not the schools directly that spend like that. Its coordinated by the schools with boosters. Also it's great when kids make plays on a high school level(like nkosi) but on a big boy level (also like nkosi) he needs to be able to break down that play & analyze why it worked & how to improve. Otherwise any DC worth a **** & defense that actually communicates will simply adapt the call. People like that who make plays are a dime a dozen on a p5 level. It's the kids who understand the how and why that make a difference.

I’m not sure why anybody really gives a **** who starts long is the guy who starts has their **** together finally. I’m a Canes fan first players come second.

Advertisement
If Martell bore any resemblance to Kyler Murray he would still be at Ohio State
Two sides to that coin though. If kyler Murray's bore any resemblance previous to Lincoln riley wouldnt he still be at a & m? Cause him leaving had nothing to do with sumlin leaving.

Advertisement
Anytime hed go home or Quincy would be here they'd work together. He realized quickly lil Johnny was gonna turn him into ****kowski if gave the chance.

Lil Johnny!!!

OHHHHHHHHHHH KKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!

( can I get a David Chappelle gif, please?)

I don’t care who wins. I don’t have some personal agenda for either one of them. I liked Williams more in high school than I did Perry. Tate was said to be the greatest high school QB ever. That to me was always bs to me. He’s a very good player with excellent intangibles but he’s probably 3rd behind Williams and Perry when throwing from the pocket. If the offense has a moving pocket getting the QB on the run then Tate fits that way more. I want the best guy to win the job and who fits the offense the best.

Advertisement
Have you read the real reasons he got approved? One of the main factors was that OSU didn't want him. Everyone saying he ran from competition is spreading lies, OSU made no effort to keep him from transferring and actually encouraged it. His lawyer was able to prove that Day was all in on Fields for his system and Tate was not going to be given a real shot.
Great article that references this:

I know exactly who I want at quarterback: the guy who earns the job before we stomp the Gators. May the best man win.

Ummmm....Alabama started the experienced Hurts over Tua his entire freshman season until they got desperate in the championship game. Also, Kelly Bryant started the first four games for Clemson last year. Not because he was more talented than Lawrence but because he was more experienced. Once Lawrence got a little experience under his belt, they made the move to him.
Apparently Lawrence made some checks in practice that told Dabo he was ready to step in.

Yes, and Jarren and 'Kosi are finally getting it this year. They are both highly talented, national-level recruits that many major programs wanted. Your post implied that it's unlikely those two could be star QBs because there was no indication of it last year. Last year is not that relevant given the situation. Jarren came in as a true freshman, had no QB coach to help him transition, and got little opportunity. So yes, he was frustrated and it showed in his behavior and weight gain. 'Kosi showed flashes of incredible arm talent, but some major immaturity and lack of work ethic. Those faults can be overcome with actual coaching and leadership around him. I like Tate, but one can make similar unfair arguments against him, claiming he cut and run from competition.

I hope you are right.

Advertisement
Back