I am not sure who I want to start at QB?

Advertisement
Let’s see, Tate was picked and spent two years under a HC who has won NC with three different QBs. The guys already here were ..... you get the idea. If there was a star in the QBs room last year, he should sell him self to the Air Force because he was beyond stealth, he was invisible. If tat can’t beat those two then we are screwed.

Advertisement
I slightly favor Jarren over Tate, just cause I think he fits what we want to do better. N'Kosi is 3rd on my list, but I haven't completely given up on him. You never know, a new offense and coaching might rejuvenate him.

Does anyone remember the last time we had a truly open competition between 3 talented QBs? And yes I think that all 3 of our QBs are talented.

If you listen to the Andrew Ivins and the other dude 6 rings pod cast. They are more honest and insightful. Martell looks like the worst passer. Kosi stronger arm and Jarren most accurate. Martell has been sporadic missing guys and his balls have came off wovbly. However when hey work on drills in which they move the pocket of the qb scrambles he turns it on. It’s gonna depend on what Enos wants to run. If he wants to run a spread and move the pocket then Martel. If he wants a true pocket passer to run more of a pro style then I don’t think he fits. Kinda why OSU moved on as well. Will be interesting to see.

It's been 2 whole practices so it seems ridiculous to say Martell cant throw. Urban Meyer was ready for him to be QB at OSU next year, he shredded Ohio St's D in last years Spring Game, and he's completed 80% in college so far.

May the best guy win but the overreactions from a couple of practices are just funny.

Besides, Enos has said he's going to mold the offense to the QB. So it's really just about finding the guy who can produce the most wins, not about finding the guy who throws the prettiest ball

Advertisement
If it's Tate it means we have instantly found someone better than we had last year which would be amazing news. I just hope the backups don't bolt. We need less of player ship jumping.
U sure thats what it would mean? Hypothetically speaking couldn't it also mean that enos chose to go with the qb that he handpicked over the other unknown options? Either way it goes whoever wins the job it's not a knock against any of the other QBs. These kids are actually getting coaching now. Heaven forbid they all get better rather than coming here and regressing. Carry on.

Let’s see, Tate was picked and spent two years under a HC who has won NC with three different QBs. The guys already here were ..... you get the idea. If there was a star in the QBs room last year, he should sell him self to the Air Force because he was beyond stealth, he was invisible. If tat can’t beat those two then we are screwed.
Yes, let's pretend coaching, development, scheme, and locker room morale don't matter.

Advertisement
It's been 2 whole practices so it seems ridiculous to say Martell cant throw. Urban Meyer was ready for him to be QB at OSU next year, he shredded Ohio St's D in last years Spring Game, and he's completed 80% in college so far.

May the best guy win but the overreactions from a couple of practices are just funny.

Besides, Enos has said he's going to mold the offense to the QB. So it's really just about finding the guy who can produce the most wins, not about finding the guy who throws the prettiest ball
Bingo and Tate ran a train on OSUs D playing Mayfield and the Army QB for the scout team. Urban credited his play as the reason they won.

Yes, let's pretend coaching, development, scheme, and locker room morale don't matter.

Tate has a lot more of that the last two years. That is kind of my point. Of course our did not, again kind of my point. He is better ready for the gator than the two kids who could not oust a baseball player.

This photo is from last week how much more muscular would you like him to be? View attachment 82273
This is why I stopped even trying to tell people they were wrong. Seems like it's a smear campaign **** near. No picture of him in the last 5 months would show him looking soft bodied. Let's let it be decided on the field straight up by who's the better qb. All 3 of them are in great shape basically. All the rest has been stated so I wont bother. I will say with jarrens mindset & approach to this as a competition,be careful acc.

Advertisement
This is why I stopped even trying to tell people they were wrong. Seems like it's a smear campaign **** near. No picture of him in the last 5 months would show him looking soft bodied. Let's let it be decided on the field straight up by who's the better qb. All 3 of them are in great shape basically. All the rest has been stated so I wont bother. I will say with jarrens mindset & approach to this as a competition,be careful acc.
🙏🏽

Tate has a lot more of that the last two years. That is kind of my point. Of course our did not, again kind of my point. He is better ready for the gator than the two kids who could not oust a baseball player.
Yes, and Jarren and 'Kosi are finally getting it this year. They are both highly talented, national-level recruits that many major programs wanted. Your post implied that it's unlikely those two could be star QBs because there was no indication of it last year. Last year is not that relevant given the situation. Jarren came in as a true freshman, had no QB coach to help him transition, and got little opportunity. So yes, he was frustrated and it showed in his behavior and weight gain. 'Kosi showed flashes of incredible arm talent, but some major immaturity and lack of work ethic. Those faults can be overcome with actual coaching and leadership around him. I like Tate, but one can make similar unfair arguments against him, claiming he cut and run from competition.

If you listen to the Andrew Ivins and the other dude 6 rings pod cast. They are more honest and insightful. Martell looks like the worst passer. Kosi stronger arm and Jarren most accurate. Martell has been sporadic missing guys and his balls have came off wovbly. However when hey work on drills in which they move the pocket of the qb scrambles he turns it on. It’s gonna depend on what Enos wants to run. If he wants to run a spread and move the pocket then Martel. If he wants a true pocket passer to run more of a pro style then I don’t think he fits. Kinda why OSU moved on as well. Will be interesting to see.
Only issue with that is all three quarterbacks are athletic enough by far to move the pocket & break if necessary. Tate by far is the best choice if read option plays heavy for us. Hes fine in the shorter passing game and good enough for intermediate routes. I'd like to see how he develops downfield a lil more. I think alot of it is because hes so anxious to clear it and his height he loses his passing lanes which cause his vision to be limited. Hopefully I'm just reading into that one. Not judging any of the others but I honestly feel that this shouldnt be too hard of a decision. Jarren is far more athletic than people realize and he throws a **** pretty ball. Only thing I'd like to see him really work on is his pocket presence. Past that the rest is just natural progress that you take from game experience.

Who ever plays the best and wins the job should be everyone's favorite. Is all about the U not about any particular player.

Advertisement
Back