I am not sure who I want to start at QB?

This photo is from last week how much more muscular would you like him to be?

Advertisement
Martell seems to like to tuck and run alot, we have alot of weapons and need someone to distribute that ball to them, I am for the best guy to do that.

I like N'kosi's experience and arm, but don't like his immaturity.
I like Jarrren's arm and accuracy. don't dislike anything other than I would like him to look/be a bit more cut muscular than soft body wise.
I like Tate's moxie and hype (hope it is all true). Nothing at this point that I don't like, but his height. May not be an issue (see Kyler Murray).

So I guess I will just enjoy the competition and see who wins it. I finally think that when we do find our QB, he will be a pretty **** good one and it has been a long time since this Canes fan has felt that way.

Strap 'em up boys and get after it. It is someones for the taking. :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:

Who you guys like? No need to explain, just a name so I can get a feeling who y'all are pulling for.
Peace.
The guy that proves to be the best in camp.

Advertisement
Honestly his film shows he’s more than capable of being able to make the throws we need and has the ability to improvise very well.

That throw beginning at the 1:00 mark vs STA was money. STA lost that game more than BG won it, but nevertheless, He made a few clutch throws in that game to win it...He does have a lil' magic to His game also.

Love Tathan. Love the moxy. If I was building a qb, would look more like Williams, but martell seems to be the kinda guy that just draws eyeballs to his game. Gotta say his highlights are pretty **** entertaining

Advertisement
We have three, possibly four talented quarterbacks on the roster for the first time in forever. Best man wins. Do not write off Kosi. Arm talent is unteachable. Martell is an off the charts athlete for a QB. I think Williams may be best suited for Enos' offense. We're looking good whoever gets the job IMO.

All I know is competition has been the hallmark of any great Cane team since I've been around.

For the first time in a long, long, long time we have it at the QB position. That is a very good thing.

Don't know who will be under center August 24th. Only know whoever it is will have earned it and will be the best he's ever been when he takes his first snap.

That's all any of us can ask for.

I like N'kosi's experience and arm, but don't like his immaturity.
I like Jarrren's arm and accuracy. don't dislike anything other than I would like him to look/be a bit more cut muscular than soft body wise.
I like Tate's moxie and hype (hope it is all true). Nothing at this point that I don't like, but his height. May not be an issue (see Kyler Murray).

So I guess I will just enjoy the competition and see who wins it. I finally think that when we do find our QB, he will be a pretty **** good one and it has been a long time since this Canes fan has felt that way.

Strap 'em up boys and get after it. It is someones for the taking. :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:

Who you guys like? No need to explain, just a name so I can get a feeling who y'all are pulling for.
Peace.
I could give a rats *** about experience. if Clemson or bama thought like that wouldn't of started trevor Lawrence/tua tagliovia. u start best qb regardless of experience. and to me that's martell or Williams. perry as a passer is still very limited not by arm but accuracy. to me this is a 2 man battle between martell/Williams. I still think Williams will be best of the 3 qbs by time career is over. he is just an accurate passer. that matters in a qb

Advertisement
Why wasn’t Williams allowed to play the last two games I’ll never understand. He wouldn’t have burned his shirt and I would have liked to see what he could do. But hopefully someone will be the next great UM QB

We need to remember our OL is painfully average at best so having a QB who move, extend plays, and be accurate on the run is going to be huge.

I think Martell is the starter, but if JW beats him out it’s becuase he’s playing on a different level which I wouldn’t be upset about.

Advertisement
We need to remember our OL is painfully average at best so having a QB who move, extend plays, and be accurate on the run is going to be huge.

I think Martell is the starter, but if JW beats him out it’s becuase he’s playing on a different level which I wouldn’t be upset about.

Good point. Tate's athletic ability, his ability to improvise and throw on the run really help negate the limits of an average OL.

Jarren might be the better QB, but Tate might be the QB better suited to have success for our team in 2019

If you listen to the Andrew Ivins and the other dude 6 rings pod cast. They are more honest and insightful. Martell looks like the worst passer. Kosi stronger arm and Jarren most accurate. Martell has been sporadic missing guys and his balls have came off wovbly. However when hey work on drills in which they move the pocket of the qb scrambles he turns it on. It’s gonna depend on what Enos wants to run. If he wants to run a spread and move the pocket then Martel. If he wants a true pocket passer to run more of a pro style then I don’t think he fits. Kinda why OSU moved on as well. Will be interesting to see.

Advertisement
Back