I am definitely not sweating Manny’s decision. Neither should you.

Lol. Thats true across CFB for all DCs. And top DCs have bad games against bad teams too. How'd Bama do against Ole Miss? It's also a dumb statement because you are inevitably going to play the "no true Scotsman" card (look it up, it's about logical fallacies). When Diaz's defense did well, you are going to say it means that offense was garbage because if it had been a truly good offense, his defense wouldn't have worked.
If we go up against any team in the top 10 in any given season Diaz defenses got draggeded, twice by Clemson, UNC, LSU before they broke out. His best performance was against ND at Hard Rock against a 1 dimensional Wimbush and we made so much noise they couldn't hear. Credit there anyway. Otherwise, he has feasted on trash coastal teams and mid majors. Not to mention the more Golden players left. The worse we looked. Bama gave yards and points against some good offenses, UF and Ole Miss, they also shut down some good teams, like UGA and TX A&M.
Our defense will feast on less talented teams as we can simply out talent them. Teams that have better or equal talent, they have better coaching and structural fundamentals..so u end up with UNC and OK St. I do not expect us to shut out good teams. I don't expect 800 yards or 21 points in 1 quarter either.

Advertisement
If we go up against any team in the top 10 in any given season Diaz defenses got draggeded, twice by Clemson, UNC, LSU before they broke out. His best performance was against ND at Hard Rock against a 1 dimensional Wimbush and we made so much noise they couldn't hear. Credit there anyway. Otherwise, he has feasted on trash coastal teams and mid majors. Not to mention the more Golden players left. The worse we looked. Bama gave yards and points against some good offenses, UF and Ole Miss, they also shut down some good teams, like UGA and TX A&M.
Our defense will feast on less talented teams as we can simply out talent them. Teams that have better or equal talent, they have better coaching and structural fundamentals..so u end up with UNC and OK St. I do not expect us to shut out good teams. I don't expect 800 yards or 21 points in 1 quarter either.

He’s going up against at least 3 very good offenses next year. It’s all on him now. Zero excuses.

The national search for the new coach should be spellbinding.

Laranaga will be on the short list.

Like the great @Cribby said, this is a “win-win”.

There can only be 2 results:

1. One scenario is it turns out to be a savage move, Manny flipping the bird to all the back-seat coaches, saying “I got this” and ends up having an outstanding 11-12 win year (yeah right)

2. The second and most likely scenario: He falls flat on his face and just fūcked himself on his best chance to be a big time head coach. He’s fired and we have a new coach by this time next year.

Now I say don’t sweat it. Why?

He either kills it, or he’s gone and maybe we get a coach committed to, and having the ability, to at the very least dominate the Coastal and then go from there.

Me, personally?

I think he’s going out with a bang, so I’ll give him props for sticking to his guns, even though it’s going to end up just like this:

View attachment 141137

You go, Manny!

Ride that thermonuclear warhead all the way down to the bitter end.

(hope I’m wrong)
OR...

Defacto HC Lashlee and his Henchman Justice somehow manage to eeeeek out an ACCCD belt (if divisions exist) to then be prison loved by Clem-Clem in the ACCCG.

And we will then be stuck with Manuela into 2022--with a newly signed extension.

Suppose, just suppose, that Bama comes out flat and they beat us by, say, only 10-14 points.

That will lead to a LOT of bogus reasons and hopium smoking in the Gables.

I don’t think Manny has done everything he needs to do on the defensive side of the ball to even come close to containing Bama or any team with a pulse, and I think that will become apparent in the first quarter. This despite the fact that Lashlee has done a lot on offense.

No real DC, no real results on the field. This will look like the Wisconsin game in the Pinstripe Bowl.

Advertisement
Why does everybody torture themselves with worst case scenarios?

The boosters at Miami (myself included, aren’t dumb). They know what’s going on.

It’s as simple as this. Manny has to impress in 2021.

Not squeak by.

Impress, ie, show that he can field a stout defense, beat the the teams he’s supposed to beat handily.

Give superior teams a run for their money. Win 10-11 games and end the season so that any objective observer would say that the team is strongly headed in the right direction.

If he doesn’t do those things the people with the purse strings will be up in arms. Just ask around. That is, if you know any.

No that’s reality. You must not know any people that contribute or have season tickets.
the wire GIF

I got season tickets; what we gotta do!?

Have you renewed yet? Call your guy, let him know how unhappy you are, it gets back to people, believe me.
I took the bye last season on my 4 tickets, but it won't mean a **** thing if I complain to the grad-student in the ticket office. He's gonna do his best dance and the message won't go anywhere after that. If I were to ask for my $$$ back and cite the leadership as a problem in a letter to the President and Board that might be more meaningful, but 10 x 0 is still 0.

I have friends in the athletic department and spent several formative years on campus; I know the []__[] very well. Apart from BOT and revenue losses, I know nobody like bad press and documentation. That said, I'd be curious to see what happened if the student body became seriously active and voiced displeasure about the direction of athletics and the football program. Only problem is they don't know or expect any better.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The only issue is that Manny likely survives next year and then gets fired in 2 years now. So AT LEAST 2 more years of mediocrity.
That’s my prediction too. It really isn’t hard to predict where this is headed.

I took the bye last season on my 4 tickets, but it won't mean a **** thing if I complain to the grad-student in the ticket office. He's gonna do his best dance and the message won't go anywhere after that. If I were to ask for my $$$ back and cite the leadership as a problem in a letter to the President and Board that might be more meaningful, but 10 x 0 is still 0.

I have friends in the athletic department and spent several formative years on campus; I know the []__[] very well. Apart from BOT and revenue losses, I'd be curious to see what happened if the student body became seriously active and voiced displeasure about the direction of athletics and the football program. Only problem is they don't know or expect any better.

I think it would have an impact to be honest. Obviously I’m looking at it from an alumni, and season ticket holder (non-student) and donor perspective.

So you may already know that we are being listened to. Obviously whether they do something or not is a different matter altogether, and clearly this has been a funky year with the Covid.

But they do want those season-ticket renewals, and they do want those donations to keep coming. And I know plenty of season-ticket holders and donors, some of who contribute much more than I do. And the displeasure and dissatisfaction is swelling. People have had enough. It’s just that most here can’t relate. Because they don’t contribute and are not season ticket holders. But if I make a call I get a call back. So do my friends. Some get called back immediately because they contribute a lot.

Which is why my theory is that unless Manny really shows something in 2021, he can start packing his bags. Flake too. We’ve had enough.

I can't say what he knows. I can however say what I know. That's if he wins another 8 or 9 games (which is really simple)he ain't going nowhere. The only time pressure will be applied within the program is when BOTH SIGNIFICANT ALUMNI AND REVENUE ARE AFFECTED. That's not season ticket sales. That's advertising money and uhealth... He's got some alumni fired up right now but unless the rest happens that'll get brushed under the table.
Dee, help me understand why all our former players with a strong media presence & boosters with significant financial resources don't pool their influence to change the structure of the athletic department and trajectory of the football program?

If our most prominent Alums (Rocky, Ray, Playmaker, Ed, Frank), and former coaches came together it may not break the BOT's influence or get Manny fired, but they could certainly implore Frenk to change the accountability structure in athletics with a guy like Zo. No?

Last edited:

I have friends in the athletic department and spent several formative years on campus; I know the []__[] very well. Apart from BOT and revenue losses, I'd be curious to see what happened if the student body became seriously active and voiced displeasure about the direction of athletics and the football program. Only problem is they don't know or expect any better.
Good post, It would take a significant amount of season ticket cancelations to get back to the people that matter. My representative isn’t going to care about my feedback because my tickets will roll over to this year automatically. This year, I doubt ticket sales are impacted enough (unless Miami loses 2-3 games in September) to get enough people’s attention.

Advertisement
I think it would have an impact to be honest. Obviously I’m looking at it from an alumni, and season ticket holder (non-student) and donor perspective.

So you may already know that we are being listened to. Obviously whether they do something or not is a different matter altogether, and clearly this has been a funky year with the Covid.

But they do want those season-ticket renewals, and they do want those donations to keep coming. And I know plenty of season-ticket holders and donors, some of who contribute much more than I do. And the displeasure and dissatisfaction is swelling. People have had enough. It’s just that most here can’t relate. Because they don’t contribute and are not season ticket holders. But if I make a call I get a call back. So do my friends. Some get called back immediately because they contribute a lot.

Which is why my theory is that unless Manny really shows something in 2021, he can start packing his bags. Flake too. We’ve had enough.
who's calling y'all? The way you talk about Flake being gone President Frenk himself must be calling y'all back, and we know that's not the case.

The Athletic Department is a bubble; especially under this president, but I'll tell you what...

As a season ticket holder and alumni, I'm down to sign a letter or petition indicating extreme "displease and dissatisfaction" with the leadership in the athletic department and direction of the football program. I'm also down to advocate for someone like Alonzo to be put in place to lead the department or football program. I'd be willing to increase my donation to make this happen.

Assemble the ground-swell and people that have had enough...

Last edited:
Like the great @Cribby said, this is a “win-win”.

There can only be 2 results:

1. One scenario is it turns out to be a savage move, Manny flipping the bird to all the back-seat coaches, saying “I got this” and ends up having an outstanding 11-12 win year (yeah right)

2. The second and most likely scenario: He falls flat on his face and just fūcked himself on his best chance to be a big time head coach. He’s fired and we have a new coach by this time next year.

Now I say don’t sweat it. Why?

He either kills it, or he’s gone and maybe we get a coach committed to, and having the ability, to at the very least dominate the Coastal and then go from there.

Me, personally?

I think he’s going out with a bang, so I’ll give him props for sticking to his guns, even though it’s going to end up just like this:

View attachment 141137

You go, Manny!

Ride that thermonuclear warhead all the way down to the bitter end.

(hope I’m wrong)
You assume this school is firing a head coach after 3 years? That has never happened in the history of ever. Miami gives all coaches 4 years minimum, and even more in Golden's case because he had a nine year contract after he was extended during year 1.

Advertisement
I appreciate that you love to position yourself as superinsider and attempt to talk down to other posters based on off-board topics. You're free to continue to do that, as it's your thing. But don't expect a response.

As for the BOT, we simultaneously have you saying they generally don't care, are mostly uninterested, and now they hire the HC. So how's that work. Do they fire them, too?

What you're describing is the problem. It's obviously the problem. It's a cluster-**** and a dysfunctional administrative dynamic. I think everyone sees that. All I see you doing is stomping your foot louder and louder to state the obvious.

James is a disaster of an AD. If he were anything other than that he'd have resigned already. The fact that he's the disaster the BOT (which doesn't give a **** anyhow) wants isn't interesting unless you're a German with a penchant for schadenfreud.

It's the []__[] Miami (and many large corporations') style to have individuals insulate themselves against negative outcomes via committees.

So yea.. there was a BOTs lead committee that was involved with Richt and likely signed off on Manny, but the job of hiring and firing belongs to Blake James. So when this experiment fails you can't really blame anyone involved in the nebulous committee or the individual (Blake) who ceded his institutional responsibility to said committee. Blake stays because he's afforded enough influence and played nice with the BOTs who have the fiduciary responsibility to hold President Frenk accountable for Blake's performance.

You see the circle-jerk and built-in deniability in all this? All Blake has to say is this was an organizational decision with support of the BOTs.

Somebody or some group needs to stop all the nonsense that is the []__[] culture. Frenk is in the middle and can put an end to all of this mess but he isn't remotely interested in football & can care less if everyone else is "getting along".

who's calling y'all? The way you talk about Flake being gone President Frenk himself must be calling y'all back, and we know that's not the case.

The Athletic Department is a bubble; especially under this president, but I'll tell you what...

As a season ticket holder and alumni, I'm down to sign a letter or petition indicating extreme "displease and dissatisfaction" with the leadership in the athletic department and direction of the football program. I'm also down to advocate for someone like Alonzo to be put in place to lead the department or football program. I'd be willing to increase my donation to make this happen.

Assemble the ground-swell and people that have had enough...

They’re getting emails already.

Somebody like me would only rate a call back from somebody like an associate or an assistant A.D., usually somebody from the ticket office. Flake isn’t going to be calling me. I’m not a $1 million contributor.

Why should I start sinking big money if I don’t think I’m getting a return that I should, I already put in a lot.

I don’t know if you were a business major, but that’s known as lost opportunity cost. That’s going going to be my pitch to them. If I see more of a commitment, if other people see more of a commitment, they’re should be getting a lot more money. If they keep ******** around, they are going to keep losing donations and season-ticket holders. It’s not rocket science

Last edited:
You assume this school is firing a head coach after 3 years? That has never happened in the history of ever. Miami gives all coaches 4 years minimum, and even more in Golden's case because he had a nine year contract after he was extended during year 1.

Times are changing. Did you see what happened up in Tallahassee?

Dee, help me understand why all our former players with a strong media presence & boosters with significant financial resources don't pool their influence to change the structure of the athletic department and trajectory of the football program?

If our most prominent Alums (Rocky, Ray, Playmaker, Ed, Frank), and former coaches came together it may not break the BOT's influence or get Manny fired, but they could certainly implore Frenk to change the accountability structure in athletics with a guy like Zo. No?
I wish I could. But he ****ed alot of us off who knows whats been goin on by this scapegoat **** he pulled. It'll take me than that though

Advertisement
Back