I am definitely not sweating Manny’s decision. Neither should you.

OriginalCanesCanesCanes

All-ACC (#1 most reproted porster on CIS)
Like the great @Cribby said, this is a “win-win”.

There can only be 2 results:

1. One scenario is it turns out to be a savage move, Manny flipping the bird to all the back-seat coaches, saying “I got this” and ends up having an outstanding 11-12 win year (yeah right)

2. The second and most likely scenario: He falls flat on his face and just fūcked himself on his best chance to be a big time head coach. He’s fired and we have a new coach by this time next year.

Now I say don’t sweat it. Why?

He either kills it, or he’s gone and maybe we get a coach committed to, and having the ability, to at the very least dominate the Coastal and then go from there.

Me, personally?

I think he’s going out with a bang, so I’ll give him props for sticking to his guns, even though it’s going to end up just like this:

EDB1C16E-329B-4555-A1D6-8C896C2E16EA.gif

You go, Manny!

Ride that thermonuclear warhead all the way down to the bitter end.

(hope I’m wrong)

Advertisement

1. One scenario is it turns out to be a savage move, Manny flipping the bird to all the back-seat coaches, saying “I got this” and ends up having an outstanding 11-12 win year (yeah right)

2. The second and most likely scenario: He falls flat on his face and just fūcked himself on his best chance to be a big time head coach. He’s fired and we have a new coach by this time next year.

He either kills it, or he’s gone and maybe we get a coach committed to, and having the ability, to at the very least dominate the Coastal and then go from there.

Me, personally?

I think he’s going out with a bang, so I’ll give him props for sticking to his guns, even though it’s going to end up just like this:

View attachment 141137

You go, Manny!

(hope I’m wrong)
The question I have is, do we think Manny is a Top 10 DC? If so, what’s the big fuggin deal?

Advertisement

Me, personally?

View attachment 141137

You go, Manny!

(hope I’m wrong)

I hope you are correct.

I am worried about Option 3.

Miami wins 10 games, and then Frenk, the OT, and Beta Blake deem it an "improvement", while everyone maintains employment.

Me, personally?

View attachment 141137

You go, Manny!

(hope I’m wrong)

A couple days ago most of the mopers were saying that Diaz is garbage and should have been fired already.

So now that he pulls a move that almost certainly puts his job on the line, these same mopers are upset he didn't make a better move to save his job?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol everybody whining as if Manny hasn’t proven himself as a top tier DC in the country. Lashlee on 1 side and Manny on the other, I think we will be nice next year. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I see double digit wins incoming.

But chins up mopes/Cane haters. If it don’t work out there will be a brand new HC and staff that you can not support, shït on daily and demand fired as soon as he fails to meet your unrealistic expectations.

Advertisement
What about when he wins 8-9 games and we don’t get any better? Defense continues to get torched against anybody with a pulse but we beat up on bad teams? Is he gonna then get ANOTHER chance to hire a DC?

By teams with a pulse, you mean teams with a good offense? Yes, it tends to be the case that teams with a good offense score more points than teams that don't have a good offense. With the rules of CFB, defenses aren't keeping good offenses off the scoreboard. That's not a Diaz thing, that's a CFB thing. You think Bama's D didn't got torched by UF? or Ole Miss? It didn't matter because at the end of the day Bama scored more points. Even Saban, when explaining how CFB has changed, said that UGA probably has the best defense he faced all season, but in today's game offense is more important. Now that being said, you can't have those UNC games. That's totally unacceptable. You also can't have those Ok St games where you are in the hole 21-0 in the first. That's also a fireable offense. But if the defense had held UNC to 35 points, that's not a bad performance nowadays. The impact of the choice for DC is being greatly exaggerated.

Advertisement
Back