I am definitely not sweating Manny’s decision. Neither should you.

I've told you guys this **** from the second he got hired. He is purgatory for miami football. Just good enough to get by,meaning he'll be here forever.
kill me now GIF

Advertisement
I don't think it's unrealistic to expect a head coach at Miami to beat FIU, La Tech, and GT last year. How about beat OSU and give UNC a game this year? That's not unrealistic. I didn't expect Miami to actually compete in the playoffs... that would have been unrealistic imo.
Agree. Or unrealistic to have one signature win in two years.

There is absolutely a door 3, and is most likely. We stay in 8 win purgatory until Clemson or someone else euthanizes us with a 50 point thrashing in year 4 or 5. I’m astonished at all the Miami fans that still don’t know the first thing about this program. James has nightmares about performing a real coaching search and having to be accountable to the fans base

That is because we didn't realize how **** poor recruiting would be at cb and lb over the next 4 years. If we had that foresight we would have told manny to gtfo.
Correct. But the db recruiting was **** poor even before cmr and Manny.
I think a linebacker coach needs to be addressed as well.

Advertisement
I just don't get how any rational adult keeps people on that they ADMIT can't do the job for which they were hired to do. DVD is a glorified grad assistant, Baker wouldn't be a position coach at any decent P5 school. That's two spots right there wasted. You only have so many coaches, and you waste spots on guys you KNOW can't do the job. You then take guys who were failures as coaches and put them in positions that they didn't do well anyway(Rumph).

Diaz just sealed his own fate. I hope the members of the BOT that give a **** are already putting out feelers for a HC. Diaz won't survive and the good news is that his contract is extremely manageable.

Advertisement
I hope you are correct.

I am worried about Option 3.

Miami wins 10 games, and then Frenk, the OT, and Beta Blake deem it an "improvement", while everyone maintains employment.
I wouldn’t worry about that Original because Manny is flat out not cable of winning double digit games. He just doesn’t have it and we all can see it. And he really ain’t gonna have it with a gimpy King. Bama, at MSU and UNC is three losses right there and most likely push your **** in losses. And then if he manages to win the rest of the game and we know the odds of that aren’t good, there’s the bowl game. Lol what are we, 2 bowl wins in 15 years?! Smh 🤢🤮 if the over and under is 10 wins with manure, you take that under and bet the house on it and enjoy your retirement.

The question I have is, do we think Manny is a Top 10 DC? If so, what’s the big fuggin deal?
That’s a good point. We did feel blessed to have him as DC before the Temple hire and subsequent upgrade to Coach. We thought that we had lost the positive of the Richt led offense vs. Manny led defense. If he falls on his face by not being able to be a top D, then we never had anything to lose in the first place. Cut him loose the and move on.

I always felt like he made great halftime adjustments as DC. He was a different second half D when he needed to be. I hope that he has enough time to review the film and diagnose the offense to counter, while covering offense and special team discussions, while also pumping up his team for the second half. If he pulls it off, good for all of us!

Advertisement
Like the great @Cribby said, this is a “win-win”.

There can only be 2 results:

1. One scenario is it turns out to be a savage move, Manny flipping the bird to all the back-seat coaches, saying “I got this” and ends up having an outstanding 11-12 win year (yeah right)

2. The second and most likely scenario: He falls flat on his face and just fūcked himself on his best chance to be a big time head coach. He’s fired and we have a new coach by this time next year.

Now I say don’t sweat it. Why?

He either kills it, or he’s gone and maybe we get a coach committed to, and having the ability, to at the very least dominate the Coastal and then go from there.

Me, personally?

I think he’s going out with a bang, so I’ll give him props for sticking to his guns, even though it’s going to end up just like this:

View attachment 141137

You go, Manny!

Ride that thermonuclear warhead all the way down to the bitter end.

(hope I’m wrong)

No, there's a third and very likely possibility.

Manny wins 7 or 8 games, and DOES NOT get fired. Who's gonna fire him.... Blake James? Aside from message board rumors, there is NOTHING to remotely suggest that Manny's seat is even a little bit hot.

The only way he gets fired after next year is if we lose to whatever equivalent to FIU we're playing this year. Or if he completely ***** the bed and misses a bowl.

If we go to ANY bowl game, Manny gets extended, not fired. That's the Miami way.

After everything Blake James and this administration has shown you, you guys still believe they care about winning. You guys still think Blake Jame is gonna get fired and Manny is gonna get fired. If anything, history has shown you that they don’t care and Manny is in line for an extension.

Like the great @Cribby said, this is a “win-win”.

There can only be 2 results:

1. One scenario is it turns out to be a savage move, Manny flipping the bird to all the back-seat coaches, saying “I got this” and ends up having an outstanding 11-12 win year (yeah right)

2. The second and most likely scenario: He falls flat on his face and just fūcked himself on his best chance to be a big time head coach. He’s fired and we have a new coach by this time next year.

Now I say don’t sweat it. Why?

He either kills it, or he’s gone and maybe we get a coach committed to, and having the ability, to at the very least dominate the Coastal and then go from there.

Me, personally?

I think he’s going out with a bang, so I’ll give him props for sticking to his guns, even though it’s going to end up just like this:

View attachment 141137

You go, Manny!

Ride that thermonuclear warhead all the way down to the bitter end.

(hope I’m wrong)

You are missing option 3 - worst case scenario...

manny stumbles to 8-4. A few desultory performances mixed with a promising bowl victory and Mandy diaf gets extended.

Advertisement
A couple days ago most of the mopers were saying that Diaz is garbage and should have been fired already.

So now that he pulls a move that almost certainly puts his job on the line, these same mopers are upset he didn't make a better move to save his job?
This is CIS lol

Let’s hope so. He was supposed to go down with Richt but it didn’t happen
It’s difficult to justify keeping James around. The University can’t be pleased with the way the Díaz hire took place. I doubt they will allow him to **** up 3 HC’s in a row. Plus, Basketball has gone to **** and Baseball hasn’t done anything under him.

No, the mopes I'm talking about aren't the ones that say they want to see Diaz improve the team and turn Miami into a contender but are unhappy with his choices. Those are pessimistic fans, but I totally understand that point of view. If you are in that camp, I don't blame you.

The mopes are the ones that say Diaz was a ****ty hire to begin with and he should have already been fired. Nothing Diaz does will change that fact. A lot of those posters are also complaining about the moves today, which doesn't make sense as they should be happy that it will put an end to the misery if it doesn't pan out.

Personally, I don't think it makes much of a difference if Diaz was DC or if Muschamp was DC. The latter would get a lot buzz, but in the end what is going to really going to save (or cost) Diaz his job is whether Lashlee's offense can score lots of points. If we average 42 ppg (would have put us in top 10 this year, about tied with UNC) Miami will win 10 games next season, irrespective of whether the defense would have been better with someone else at DC.
I completely disagree with this. There's nothing inconsistent with holding the following views: (a) manny was a ****** hire; (b) he should have been fired already; and (c) the moves today suck and are further evidence of this. Being happy with today's move because it ensure his likely firing isn't a sentiment that fans who want to see progress should have, even if they hold the (a) and (b) views. Your assessment is just a projection of your illogical assumptions onto other people.

Manny and Blake will be gone after next year

Big time college football takes big time college football coaches and investment from the AD. Manny and Blake are not that.

Too many red flags everywhere especially with Manny's inability to prepare the team for big games and build a winning/savage culture.

We're still too goofy, celebrating PI calls, slip and slides, and playing politics with "veteran" **** players over younger talent.

It just still doesn't feel right, especially on Defense which is Manny's unit

Advertisement
Back