I am definitely not sweating Manny’s decision. Neither should you.

Lol everybody whining as if Manny hasn’t proven himself as a top tier DC in the country. Lashlee on 1 side and Manny on the other, I think we will be nice next year. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I see double digit wins incoming.

But chins up mopes/Cane haters. If it don’t work out there will be a brand new HC and staff that you can not support, shït on daily and demand fired as soon as he fails to meet your unrealistic expectations.
I don't think it's unrealistic to expect a head coach at Miami to beat FIU, La Tech, and GT last year. How about beat OSU and give UNC a game this year? That's not unrealistic. I didn't expect Miami to actually compete in the playoffs... that would have been unrealistic imo.

Advertisement
Like the great @Cribby said, this is a “win-win”.

There can only be 2 results:

1. One scenario is it turns out to be a savage move, Manny flipping the bird to all the back-seat coaches, saying “I got this” and ends up having an outstanding 11-12 win year (yeah right)

2. The second and most likely scenario: He falls flat on his face and just fūcked himself on his best chance to be a big time head coach. He’s fired and we have a new coach by this time next year.

Now I say don’t sweat it. Why?

He either kills it, or he’s gone and maybe we get a coach committed to, and having the ability, to at the very least dominate the Coastal and then go from there.

Me, personally?

I think he’s going out with a bang, so I’ll give him props for sticking to his guns, even though it’s going to end up just like this:

View attachment 141137

You go, Manny!

Ride that thermonuclear warhead all the way down to the bitter end.

(hope I’m wrong)
Hate to break it to you, I'd say there's about a 10% chance they win 11-12 games and a 10% he gets fired a year from now. Most likely they win 8-10, finish top 25, and Manny stays.

Most of the people *****ing (including myself) would’ve been fapping if cmr canned the offensive staff and rode with lashlee and kept Manny as DC.
We were all on the “if we only had an offense” bandwagon and had very few issues with manny until we started losing and then he sucked.
We called BS on the anonymous ACC coaches taking sht about Manny while they stole signs.

He’s giving the Keys to lashlee on offense so he can ride into a head coaching gig in an sec school not named Vanderbilt or Missouri.
I’m sure lashlee is gonna do everything in his power to make it happen.
I hope it works out despite my reservations.

1. One scenario is it turns out to be a savage move, Manny flipping the bird to all the back-seat coaches, saying “I got this” and ends up having an outstanding 11-12 win year (yeah right)

2. The second and most likely scenario: He falls flat on his face and just fūcked himself on his best chance to be a big time head coach. He’s fired and we have a new coach by this time next year.

He either kills it, or he’s gone and maybe we get a coach committed to, and having the ability, to at the very least dominate the Coastal and then go from there.

Me, personally?

I think he’s going out with a bang, so I’ll give him props for sticking to his guns, even though it’s going to end up just like this:

View attachment 141137

You go, Manny!

(hope I’m wrong)
QP nailed it.

A couple days ago most of the mopers were saying that Diaz is garbage and should have been fired already.

So now that he pulls a move that almost certainly puts his job on the line, these same mopers are upset he didn't make a better move to save his job?
yes - because the people you scratch your head at care about the team and would rather see improvement and good decisions than just have the chance to be right about their predictions. You, on the other hand, apparently don’t fit that descirption.

Advertisement

Me, personally?

View attachment 141137

You go, Manny!

(hope I’m wrong)

what if he wins 9 games. He won’t get fired

Me, personally?

View attachment 141137

You go, Manny!

(hope I’m wrong)

At least this time when a new coach arrives we will have solid talent on the team for them to work with.

For those saying he wont get fired... hes now in year 3 of his contract and smartly and wisely they have not extended him.

Manny goal next year is ACC title game or that its. Look at the schedule..... other than Bama it sets up nicely and we will be favored in every game except for maybe UNC who lost a ton of offensive talent this year.

We are bringing back a ton of experience on both sides of the ball and we have added even more talent with this class we just signed. If he doesnt win at minimum 10 games then the program should move on. The team will be ripe with talent across the board.

Most of the people *****ing (including myself) would’ve been fapping if cmr canned the offensive staff and rode with lashlee and kept Manny as DC.
We were all on the “if we only had an offense” bandwagon and had very few issues with manny until we started losing and then he sucked.
We called BS on the anonymous ACC coaches taking sht about Manny while they stole signs.

He’s giving the Keys to lashlee on offense so he can ride into a head coaching gig in an sec school not named Vanderbilt or Missouri.
I’m sure lashlee is gonna do everything in his power to make it happen.
I hope it works out despite my reservations.
That is because we didn't realize how **** poor recruiting would be at cb and lb over the next 4 years. If we had that foresight we would have told manny to gtfo.

Advertisement

Me, personally?

View attachment 141137

You go, Manny!

(hope I’m wrong)
I would prefer he not go toe to toe with the Russkies. We've had enough Major Kong-like finishes.

I look at like this..back in 16, 17, 18 we all wondered what wed look like with a competent Offense and manny’s D..well we about to find out. He’s the head man so it always fell on him, but know there’s absolutely no excuse for the D to be as inconsistent as it was. No problem at all with the decision. Lashlee has the offensive side on lock

Advertisement
yes - because the people you scratch your head at care about the team and would rather see improvement and good decisions than just have the chance to be right about their predictions. You, on the other hand, apparently don’t fit that descirption.

No, the mopes I'm talking about aren't the ones that say they want to see Diaz improve the team and turn Miami into a contender but are unhappy with his choices. Those are pessimistic fans, but I totally understand that point of view. If you are in that camp, I don't blame you.

The mopes are the ones that say Diaz was a ****ty hire to begin with and he should have already been fired. Nothing Diaz does will change that fact. A lot of those posters are also complaining about the moves today, which doesn't make sense as they should be happy that it will put an end to the misery if it doesn't pan out.

Personally, I don't think it makes much of a difference if Diaz was DC or if Muschamp was DC. The latter would get a lot buzz, but in the end what is going to really going to save (or cost) Diaz his job is whether Lashlee's offense can score lots of points. If we average 42 ppg (would have put us in top 10 this year, about tied with UNC) Miami will win 10 games next season, irrespective of whether the defense would have been better with someone else at DC.

Advertisement

Me, personally?

View attachment 141137

You go, Manny!

(hope I’m wrong)
Good analysis but you don't hope you're wrong

Half the board hopes we lose games just to be right on a message board

Advertisement
Back