I am confused why not George Williams ?

Advertisement
Tucker is a RB what does him receiving an offer have to do with some LB not getting offered?

Coach Rumph said we're looking at him as a LB.

I'm not sure that was taken in the right context during the interview. No way this kid sees snaps at LB. Safety somewhere down the road maybe. Special teams probably. But I don't see LB'er at all.

Does anyone understand this kid is coming in on a track scholarship?

From Sun Sentinel article, "Hurley Brown was Tucker's main recruiter at Miami."

He was recruited by football coaches, it counts as a football scholarship from day 1

Oh wait, I remember now. We only offered him at the last minute. Yea, I can't see why he'd be salty about that.

Other schools do it all the time. Stop with the excuses.. Bama auburn fsu unc. all gets kids to flip with last minute offers.

We've done it multiple times under Golden as well and its worked....

Lockhart
Blue

Not necessarily a flip but both Elder and Griffin both were literally last minute snags and those are two studs... and I know theres a couple more

The better question is "why not Skai Moore?"

Doesn't matter though. Golden just gets it!

First, I am shocked that IHATE THIS PLACE supported this post.

Second, so go to UL Lafayette. Nobody is allowed to get offered last minuted. Blue had no issue with it and he had decent offers (VTech). This kid went to UL Lafayattee.

Third, Skai Moore I believe was recruited last minute by the staff is this not true?

Advertisement
This Skai Moore nonsense has taken on a life of its own. UM offered him. He rejected the offer and went to South Carolina. If he was really truly looking for a UM offer and wanted to come to UM, then he would have accepted the offer.

Oh cool, another ****** Skai Moore thread.

May as well just add Quincy Wilson to this discussion as well.

The funny thing is half of the people on CiS wouldn't have even known how much Skai was baller unless Pete didnt tell them. You guys say "WANT" on a recruit thread before even going through their highlights

Advertisement
And comparing this kid to a RB recruit doesn't really fit either, they play 2 different positions.

This Skai Moore nonsense has taken on a life of its own. UM offered him. He rejected the offer and went to South Carolina. If he was really truly looking for a UM offer and wanted to come to UM, then he would have accepted the offer.

Agreed. If this kid does nothing, we never hear his name again. If he is the next _______________ then the BIG 3 missed one, except we were the only one that offered.

I will say this on Tucker..He is a cane and i will be rooting for him but name me the last kid we brought in at the 25th hour (meaning 2-3 months before Fall ball) that amounted to anything in the last 15 years...(So yes, all you Cane Historians can not include Edgerrin James or Jimmie Jones or Ray Lewis. We can all agree recruiting has changed ALOT since those days.) The odds just are not in our favor with a kid like this. Why was he not on our radar in Jan? Elder and Griffin I understand. (Elder wanted to play Bball and Fball and Griffin had serious grade issues and TAMU didnt want to roll the dice) I mean this kid literally came out of nowhere. Rumph signed off on him so we will give him a pass. (Unlike the former cane who told Randy to go after Daniel Adderly. Forgt who it was. Smh.)

Anyway, the kids film looks solid. But putting him at LB is a huge stretch if he wants to still run the hurdles unless he is a super freak of nature. Safety I can see.

And to the Skai Moore people..Lets just move on from it and hope he doesnt make us look stupid by balllin' out of control in the SEC like Lavonte David did in the Big 12 at NEB.

Advertisement
Tucker is a RB what does him receiving an offer have to do with some LB not getting offered?

Coach Rumph said we're looking at him as a LB.

I'm not sure that was taken in the right context during the interview. No way this kid sees snaps at LB. Safety somewhere down the road maybe. Special teams probably. But I don't see LB'er at all.

AG said he likes LBs on his special teams better hitters he wants to jar the ball loose...

Skai Moore was offered the night before NSD but the problem was he was never even recruited by the staff which is a misstep by this staff especially since a 185lb. 2 star Lb is now a member of the 2013 recruiting class.

Skai Moore was offered the night before NSD but the problem was he was never even recruited by the staff which is a misstep by this staff especially since a 185lb. 2 star Lb is now a member of the 2013 recruiting class.

There is no need to be upset.

Spence was 185 coming out of MNW and IIRC Lewis was at 190 as a freshman.

Advertisement

Was Moore offered? Yes or no?

I will say this on Tucker..He is a cane and i will be rooting for him but name me the last kid we brought in at the 25th hour (meaning 2-3 months before Fall ball) that amounted to anything in the last 15 years...(So yes, all you Cane Historians can not include Edgerrin James or Jimmie Jones or Ray Lewis. We can all agree recruiting has changed ALOT since those days.) The odds just are not in our favor with a kid like this. Why was he not on our radar in Jan? Elder and Griffin I understand. (Elder wanted to play Bball and Fball and Griffin had serious grade issues and TAMU didnt want to roll the dice) I mean this kid literally came out of nowhere. Rumph signed off on him so we will give him a pass. (Unlike the former cane who told Randy to go after Daniel Adderly. Forgt who it was. Smh.)

Anyway, the kids film looks solid. But putting him at LB is a huge stretch if he wants to still run the hurdles unless he is a super freak of nature. Safety I can see.

And to the Skai Moore people..Lets just move on from it and hope he doesnt make us look stupid by balllin' out of control in the SEC like Lavonte David did in the Big 12 at NEB.

You can add Jeremy Shockey and Santonio Thomas to the late signee list that produced at UM. Late signee does not mean bad player. There's no logical connection there.

Why should a player accept a last minute offer from the U to go to Nowhere U? After all it's not the school, or the program, it's all about the timing. ;-)

Fair examples, Franchise. The only rebuttal I will say about Santonio was that he was a VERY well known prospect. Buddy was legit and everyone knew about him. That would be like MT6 falling in our laps all of a sudden. Shockey I will give you. That is all I will say on the subject because I dont want to make it seem like im hating on the kid. Good luck to him.

Advertisement
Back