I am confused why not George Williams ?

datdude81

Junior
If you are going to offer the Tucker Kid why not George WIlliams I am lost the kid is built like a bowling ball
and is stronger then Tucker...looks desperate because we lost some LBS and have no depth

Advertisement
I know where he landed but I am like if you are going to offer a 5'11 linebacker why not him???

what do I know ...

Advertisement
OP - Miami was his first offer. Somewhere along the evaluation process Miami obviously soured on him.

Whether it was academics or off the field stuff we will probably never know.

Is that why he was posting on Facebook asking why he didn't have a Miami offer and one of his coaches said "don't worry, you're going somewhere better" or something to that effect?

Advertisement
Tucker is a RB what does him receiving an offer have to do with some LB not getting offered?

Oh wait, I remember now. We only offered him at the last minute. Yea, I can't see why he'd be salty about that.

We literally popped up on signing day and said whats up?!

We never had communication with him, never invited on visit to campus, never had open line of communication. One of the truly bizarre non recruitment of a really good player.

-No grade issues
-great student
-high character
-made a ton of plays on a top south florida team

And now we are low on backers and I might have to go another season with seeing fentress on field. Freaking mind boggling

Advertisement
Oh wait, I remember now. We only offered him at the last minute. Yea, I can't see why he'd be salty about that.

We never had communication with him, never invited on visit to campus, never had open line of communication. One of the truly bizarre non recruitment of a really good player.

-No grade issues
-great student
-high character

And now we are low on backers and I might have to go another season with seeing fentress on field. Freaking mind boggling

and he was a lock...i knew skai since he was young..my best friend is his older cousin...we wanted him at the u bad.

hes at a good school now cant be mad though...but they botched that one being on the Matt Thomas march..which i didnt get why u still dont somewhat "recruit" a kid just in case what happened..happened...
1.) Matt Thomas had to be coerced by Ice and his son just to answer Barrow's calls...dude interest wasnt that high.
2.) Dude didnt give a flyin f*ck about an official visit to um..that was my dead giveaway he was headed elsewhere.( i gave up that exact moment..where he took the b.s visit Ice and them made him come to)

Skai is the only one im touchy on or felt they messed up on..obviously im biased but it was just puzzling..( u atleast recruit..like bring kid in on a visit..not everyones Jawan Blue)
Walter Tucker is a good pick up as it will help in two sports an we have the scholly...@ worst u get a special teams guy that hits like a truck..he might be a power runner for us.

The only reason I can see for passing on Skai is that maybe the staff believed he was a WLB and they had a better option at WILL in Grace. I know listed is listed at 210 (probably sub-200 in real life) but his frame doesn't suggest he's going to be big enough to make a switch to MLB or SLB.

I still think it was a mistake to ignore him completely, and offering him at the 23rd Hour just makes that staff look stupid (even if it worked with Blue).

I said this before and I'll say it again, there are certain players currently on the roster that I would take Skai over but if your going to take one WLB from the 2013 recruiting class, Grace is higher on my list than Skai.

Goodluck to the young man at USCe

Advertisement

-No grade issues
-great student
-high character

Wow

A few things:

1. The kid went to UL Lafayette (according to the post above), he should have been suking a dlck for a Miami offer. We're not talking about being butthurt and going to VTech or UVA or Rutgers, we're talking about UL Lafayette.

If it came on signing day, he should have jumped. When we flip other kids last minute, it is not issue (Jawand Blue) but when we do it now it becomes an issue. I also assure you that we would have had Canes Fans complain at for offering this kid last minute if he signed as well. Why not Skai Moore or Player X?

2. The LB Depth Chart for 2013

Perryman
Cornelius
Gaines
Kirby
Blue
Figueroa
Bond (At LB to start the summer)
McCord (at LB for now)
Grace
Armbrister

--------
Terry (who knows if he actually returns)

So that is horse caca that we are low on LB. In fact even if Bond or McCord plays DE we're still not low on LB. We have more than 3 deep now and that is without Terry.

3. Finally we have no idea what will happen with this new kid Tucker, he may stay on a track ship for awhile.

If you are going to offer the Tucker Kid why not George WIlliams I am lost the kid is built like a bowling ball
and is stronger then Tucker...looks desperate because we lost some LBS and have no depth

Why are you confused?

Forget about whether Al is the right or wrong guy for a second. I am sure the staff evaluated the kid and made a decision (in this case we will wait till the end if necessary). It could have been right, it could have been wrong. The staff made a decision, in the end all these decisions will add up to success or failure.

I know people are upset at the recent pickups, for some reason or another but would you rather (assuming these are the only options)

1. Let the scholarship sit (unused)

or

2. Give it to a kid on a trial basis and see how it goes

Advertisement
Back