I actually think we have a shot at making the playoffs

We have no shot but Kaaya is suppose to be one of the best in the country??

Its the spring everybodys a work in progress... If we have no shot to make the playoffs than we have no shot to win the coastal

Teams win titles, kaaya not gonna win all by himself, Manning didn't win one at Tennessee. Now kaaya is good enough to win one if he returns for final season.

I'm just talking about the playoffs, once you win your division every game after that is 50/50, one game at a time.... Which means there is a chance we can get to

A great QB doesn't play defense. Plus great QB or not, a team can't score on every possession. The defense has to step up.

The defense is good enough, its not like were going to give up tds every drive.... if Kaaya is a great qb he can get this team to an acccg and win. Auburn didn't have a great d and Cam carried that team to the chip.

Kaaya is good but he needs to show another level this year, if he is going to carry the team. Only two guys really come to mind when I think of carrying a team to a title, Cam and Vince Young. Kaaya isn't on that level...yet. I want to see both the offensive and defensive units perform before I can say who can carry us.

Advertisement
Has everyone forgotten what it took to beat Duke last year? Who did we beat at the End of the year?

Still have to watch out for UNC and you never know what happens with GT. On top of that do we not have Notre Dame. Kelly is a **** of a coach and will have them ready for a run. And that guy likes to throw to his tall Wr's. Who is our answer for that?

Oh, Clemson just scored again

Has everyone forgotten what it took to beat Duke last year? Who did we beat at the End of the year?

Still have to watch out for UNC and you never know what happens with GT. On top of that do we not have Notre Dame. Kelly is a **** of a coach and will have them ready for a run. And that guy likes to throw to his tall Wr's. Who is our answer for that?

New year new team new coach and besides plenty of teams that have had good seasons survived close calls against teams they were favorite against.

Advertisement
Not buying this about FSU. They are not elite. They are talented, but they are an undisciplined bunch, both on and off the field. Elite teams don't struggle with Al Golden coached teams, like FSU has lately. Clemson, yeah, they are the top of the ACC. FSU is not. We'll beat them this year.
Clemson or FSU will win ACC, and more than likely headed to playoffs. Those 2 teams are heads and shoulders the elite of ACC,

Have you forgotten how we pummelled the life out of UNC in 2014, only to have them do it to us last year? A LOT can change in one year.

Nine wins is the number for this team.
Ten wins means we finally beat a very good team.
El$&ven ....Elev$@n....E@%ven wins...
sheet, never mind...I can't even type it.

I'll sign right now for a 9 win season with a solid bowl win .
10-3 and we're on our way.

Advertisement
Have you forgotten how we pummelled the life out of UNC in 2014, only to have them do it to us last year? A LOT can change in one year.

I made the same point with UNC.
On the other hand, omaha, makes a good point with GT even though we've won 6 of 7.
These games, with VT and Duke are the difference between 7-8 and 9-10 seasons. We have to take 3 of 4.
We also have to get to a point where Pitt, UVA and the "other" Atlantic teams are W's.

Advertisement
We have virtually no shot at the playoffs that's pure homerism to believe that we do. I'd be thrilled with 9-3 or 10-2 beating fsu and playing in the acc championship

Beating notre dame would be a wet dream

:monkey-serious:

Bama would throttle us. You have to have crazy depth at key spots(OL, CB, DL) to even make it into the top 10.

Not only that, you need special players. Who's our Dalvin Cook, Eddie Goldman, Ronald Darby, Jalen Ramsey, Braxton Miller, Noah Spence, Joey Bosa, Michael Bennett, Taylor Decker, Tim Williams, Amari Cooper, Landon Collins, Eddie Jackson, etc? Only Kaaya, Njoku, and maybe Willis are on that level.

While I disagree with OP I do think we win like 9/10 games this year.

BTW....you seem to have a sever case of hangingoffnutstitus. Hope it does develop into a case of suckinballsalot

Not buying this about FSU. They are not elite. They are talented, but they are an undisciplined bunch, both on and off the field. Elite teams don't struggle with Al Golden coached teams, like FSU has lately. Clemson, yeah, they are the top of the ACC. FSU is not. We'll beat them this year.
Clemson or FSU will win ACC, and more than likely headed to playoffs. Those 2 teams are heads and shoulders the elite of ACC,

Fsu had no qb and suspect oline and still won..guess people still think jimbo isnt a good coach...meanwhile uga was more talented than uf and still lost to treon harris..we can play this game all day long but the goal is the win the coastal first something we havent done since joining the acc baby steps

Advertisement
:monkey-serious:

Bama would throttle us. You have to have crazy depth at key spots(OL, CB, DL) to even make it into the top 10.

Not only that, you need special players. Who's our Dalvin Cook, Eddie Goldman, Ronald Darby, Jalen Ramsey, Braxton Miller, Noah Spence, Joey Bosa, Michael Bennett, Taylor Decker, Tim Williams, Amari Cooper, Landon Collins, Eddie Jackson, etc? Only Kaaya, Njoku, and maybe Willis are on that level.

While I disagree with OP I do think we win like 9/10 games this year.

BTW....you seem to have a sever case of hangingoffnutstitus. Hope it does develop into a case of suckinballsalot

Its "severe" and I really don't have whatever that is. I just call things the way I see it rather than being a full-out homer. If another team has more talented players I'm going to say that they do, not be oblivious and think that our players are better just because I'm a fan. 9-10 wins is manageable and I'm hoping with the addition of some real coaching that UNC and Duke are easy wins.

I'd rather see the team turn it around, produce 1st rounders, beat FSU consistently, etc. honestly. Until it happens though I have to sort of play devil's advocate.

ACC is now filled with quality, innovative coaches. I don't think it's gonna be the cake walk that a lot of yall think it is.

North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Florida State, Pitt, Virginia and Duke all now have quality coaches. GT is a toss up as well.

Not saying that they're better coaches than Richt, my concern is whether they're better coaches than Diaz. Will he stop the triple option? We he stop the new spread offenses we're gonna see?

Advertisement
Back