I actually think we have a shot at making the playoffs

I can't tell what is worse, that the OP posted this thread or that there are people that actually think its a possibility.

how about win the coastal for the first time in history

Saying we have a chance is not out of the realm of possibility.

Advertisement
I can't tell what is worse, that the OP posted this thread or that there are people that actually think its a possibility.

how about win the coastal for the first time in history

Funny how so many of y'all come off like Al Golden in this thread...

We have absolutely no shot we are a serious work in progress

We have no shot but Kaaya is suppose to be one of the best in the country??

Its the spring everybodys a work in progress... If we have no shot to make the playoffs than we have no shot to win the coastal

Clemson or FSU will win ACC, and more than likely headed to playoffs. Those 2 teams are heads and shoulders the elite of ACC,

Advertisement
Clemson or FSU will win ACC, and more than likely headed to playoffs. Those 2 teams are heads and shoulders the elite of ACC,

Clemson is rebuilding their defense and FSU doesn't have a QB yet.... What about that makes them head and shoulders above everybody else?

:monkey-serious:

Bama would throttle us. You have to have crazy depth at key spots(OL, CB, DL) to even make it into the top 10.

Not only that, you need special players. Who's our Dalvin Cook, Eddie Goldman, Ronald Darby, Jalen Ramsey, Braxton Miller, Noah Spence, Joey Bosa, Michael Bennett, Taylor Decker, Tim Williams, Amari Cooper, Landon Collins, Eddie Jackson, etc? Only Kaaya, Njoku, and maybe Willis are on that level.

Bama throttles everyone lol

They didn't throttle Clemson. Seems they can't beat Texas A&M either .

Can we please just win a decent bowl game first? We could easily make it to the ACCCG but probably wouldn't win honestly, but it'd still get us in a great bowl game. Only way we'd win is if we were absolutely killing it that s season. But won't know that til season starts.

Its the spring everybodys a work in progress... If we have no shot to make the playoffs than we have no shot to win the coastal

Teams win titles, kaaya not gonna win all by himself, Manning didn't win one at Tennessee. Now kaaya is good enough to win one if he returns for final season.

Advertisement
Not with Clemson

You're probably right... I think Michigan, Alabama and Clemson are probably pre-season favorites to make the playoffs right now.

2017 is definitely our year if Kaaya stays, but I like this team right now.

We should bet noles this year. Had them last year with Kaaya. We kept him and they lost Rapist plus we lost Al. I don't know if Mark is better coach than Jimbo but he is better than Al and even he almost bet Jimbo with Brad. Kool's attack should hurt Cook behind the LOS -- there is not catching him beyond it.

Teams win titles, kaaya not gonna win all by himself, Manning didn't win one at Tennessee. Now kaaya is good enough to win one if he returns for final season.

I'm just talking about the playoffs, once you win your division every game after that is 50/50, one game at a time.... Which means there is a chance we can get to the playoffs, we gotta win the ACC to do that and a great QB can carry this UM team to an ACC title, this year, especially if we avoid injuries.

I just want us to beat FSU, NC and ND. That's my playoff. We do that and this season is a success for me. Now lets go kick some f'kn as.s!!

Advertisement
There's a chance, it's very very slim, but a chance. Everything would have to break right for us. No serious injuries as quality depth doesn't exist at some positions. Probably would need the power teams in other conference's to have multiple slip ups and we can't afford any against inferior teams, see Cincinnati 2015. We would absolutely have to go undefeated in the coastal. Either win both the FSU and ND games at worst a split with no other loses. Then win the ACC title game against Clemson or FSU most likely.

Maybe some of that can happen but the odds of all of it happening are slim at best. Look at Michigan last year, much improved but still lacking depth and talent at positions, plus some bad luck. A successful season in my mind would be 10 wins or more, at least an appearance in the ACC title game (a competitive game at that, win would be icing on the cake) and a bowl win. All those would either be something we've never done or haven't in 10 plus years.

I'm just talking about the playoffs, once you win your division every game after that is 50/50, one game at a time.... Which means there is a chance we can get to the playoffs, we gotta win the ACC to do that and a great QB can carry this UM team to an ACC title, this year, especially if we avoid injuries.

A great QB doesn't play defense. Plus great QB or not, a team can't score on every possession. The defense has to step up.

Kaaya was killing it today. We looked pretty solid on both sides of the ball and our TE Herndon will be a high draft pick if he keeps it up. Also like D Jackson at rush end. Dude was balling. Wasn't impressed with Cager and #81 . They had alligator arms all game. I think we should think about moving Corn to safety and moving Johnson to corner.

D jackson had the luxury of playing majority of snaps vs Jahir Jones who may be the worst tackle in the ACC

Advertisement
:monkey-serious:

Bama would throttle us. You have to have crazy depth at key spots(OL, CB, DL) to even make it into the top 10.

Not only that, you need special players. Who's our Dalvin Cook, Eddie Goldman, Ronald Darby, Jalen Ramsey, Braxton Miller, Noah Spence, Joey Bosa, Michael Bennett, Taylor Decker, Tim Williams, Amari Cooper, Landon Collins, Eddie Jackson, etc? Only Kaaya, Njoku, and maybe Willis are on that level.

Bama throttles everyone lol

They didn't throttle Clemson. Seems they can't beat Texas A&M either .

Granted Bama didn't throttle Clemson due to Watson's performance,however Bama is 3-1 against TAMU. Bama has beaten TAMU 3 straight games and did you forget the 59-0 beat down in College Station in 2014?

We dont have nearly enough depth and we have glaring holes in the secondary and with speed at the wideouts....Right now the difference between us and the big boys of college football today i.e bama, osu, fsu, clem is that for the most part they have there starters cemented but they also have a group of young talented players just biting at the bit to play...We dont have that, a couple of above average recruiting classes and good coaching should solidify this problem..The failures of Golden has been mentioned numerous times on here but for the life of me i cant understand the lack of developement from players that have received reshirts from the program the last few years..Sad to say but when we are truly back as a program over all year in year out, is when we start eliminating or showing players the door that havent lived up to expectations to make room for fresh new talent...We arent there yet, but we do have enough talent and a great qb baring injuries to major contributors especially Coley to win our division (I know we are to expect more than that).. It does feel good to know that the program is headed in the right direction.

A great QB doesn't play defense. Plus great QB or not, a team can't score on every possession. The defense has to step up.

The defense is good enough, its not like were going to give up tds every drive.... if Kaaya is a great qb he can get this team to an acccg and win. Auburn didn't have a great d and Cam carried that team to the chip.

Last edited:
Lol depth must be the word of the year on this board.... How much depth did Clemson have in their secondary last year bc I missed it?

Advertisement
Back