I actually think we have a shot at making the playoffs

Lol will be lucky to get 8.

Lucky to get 8? We have a more talented team this year as well as real coaches but yet you say that? Cocaine is a **** of a drug. I'm not saying we can make the playoffs but we better win more than 9 or 10 games...

I get what you are saying Brock. We won 8 last year with that abortion of a staff and a fat neutered football team so how in the **** are we going to only win 8 this year with all the positive changes? It's certainly a valid point but this CB situation may be our albatross and we have no idea how Diaz is going to work out.. I can certainly see us winning more than 8 and competing for the ACC but more that 10 wins total and a playoff berth are really stretching it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not with Clemson

You're probably right... I think Michigan, Alabama and Clemson are probably pre-season favorites to make the playoffs right now.

2017 is definitely our year if Kaaya stays, but I like this team right now.

I hate to be that guy, but 2018-2020 is our window. Just can't see the team transforming that quickly. The ACC is definitely in reach though. Richt would have to bring in consecutive top 5 classes for us to compete nationally.

Not with Clemson

You're probably right... I think Michigan, Alabama and Clemson are probably pre-season favorites to make the playoffs right now.

2017 is definitely our year if Kaaya stays, but I like this team right now.

I hate to be that guy, but 2018-2020 is our window. Just can't see the team transforming that quickly. The ACC is definitely in reach though. Richt would have to bring in consecutive top 5 classes for us to compete nationally.

Harbaugh turned that Michigan team around in one year and was probably the best team in the country at the end of the year. It could happen you never know.

Advertisement
:monkey-serious:

Bama would throttle us. You have to have crazy depth at key spots(OL, CB, DL) to even make it into the top 10.

Not only that, you need special players. Who's our Dalvin Cook, Eddie Goldman, Ronald Darby, Jalen Ramsey, Braxton Miller, Noah Spence, Joey Bosa, Michael Bennett, Taylor Decker, Tim Williams, Amari Cooper, Landon Collins, Eddie Jackson, etc? Only Kaaya, Njoku, and maybe Willis are on that level.

Out of all of that we have the superstar that matters at the position that matters the most...

Harbaugh turned that Michigan team around in one year and was probably the best team in the country at the end of the year.

Yeah, other than being obliterated by 29 points on its own field in the regular season finale.

That Ohio State embarrassment of Michigan was one of my favorite bets of the season. It fit my pet angle that everything drifts back to the beginning, that preseason ratings are gold if properly utilized. There was a cavern between Ohio State and Michigan in preseason. Then all the gullible Happy Adjusters and a stretch of meaningless results pushed that spread to pick-em range in late November. What a joke.

Notice the flood of talent Ohio State is sending into the draft in two weeks. Those guys were responsible for destroying the Wolverines. And it's that type of overall talent level that threatens a national title berth, let alone wins one. We've been gone for so long we lost all sight of the burden. Now it's Happy Adjuster brainstorming to detect that we are on an upward path, so let's take it to the title game. Why not? I'm sure there's some wonderful exception out there to spotlight, to pretend that it has even a fleck of relevance.

That spring game today was wonderful in some respects. It was actually basic football. North/south, not garbage sideways. No kidding the defenders weren't prepared for Herndon actually hitting someone, when we haven't threatened to hit anyone in years. As soon as I saw those formations I told my friend that Herndon benefited more than anyone.

But it was absolutely brutal in another aspect. Maybe 1/3 of the team looked athletic and stout. Then it was a comedy act to watch the bottom half of the roster. Blobs and clods. Give Richt credit for being forthright. If he hadn't emphasized the lack of depth at scrimmage end I was going to make sure the topic received plenty of attention here. The upper tier SEC spring games feature the opposite slant -- 2/3 athletes and a handful of irrelevancies.

And it's not merely the SEC. Clemson in our own conference graduated everybody of note on the front four in 2014 and then had Lawson and Dodd emerge in 2015, among others. That's the type of talent level and depth it takes to threaten the final four.

I do give credit to Jenkins' stomach. Now that's depth. Early favorite for the Michael Wyche Conditioning Award. Several of our cheerleaders have really bulked up also. Whoever picks them would be laughed out of the room at my alma mater USC.

Urban Meyer took a 6-6 OSU to undefeated the next year. Not saying Richt is Urban but he's **** good and it can be done.

Advertisement
Urban Meyer took a 6-6 OSU to undefeated the next year. Not saying Richt is Urban but he's **** good and it can be done.
Yep....it took a few years for these dumb@$$ OSU fans to understand Urbans philosophy. They wanted big slow players....3 yards and a cloud of dust football....now they recruit speed size doesn't matter...after winning it all OSU fans love everything about Urban....

Last edited:

Bama would throttle us. You have to have crazy depth at key spots(OL, CB, DL) to even make it into the top 10.

Not only that, you need special players. Who's our Dalvin Cook, Eddie Goldman, Ronald Darby, Jalen Ramsey, Braxton Miller, Noah Spence, Joey Bosa, Michael Bennett, Taylor Decker, Tim Williams, Amari Cooper, Landon Collins, Eddie Jackson, etc? Only Kaaya, Njoku, and maybe Willis are on that level.

Lol you're so full of shxt on this post o don't know where to start...
No u don't have to have crazy depth to make it in the top 10 are u serious with that bs??

Also gtfoh with that only 3 of our players are on that level bs too. We have just as much talent on the roster talking about Ronald Darby?? Wtf great player but chill with the FSU groupie **** he wasn't doing **** special against us.

Every dlineman you mentioned we have comparable talent to.

And get off Dalvin Cooks nuts acting like he can't be stopped and name 10 teams who have a better group of rbs than us?

Lol will be lucky to get 8.

Lucky to get 8? We have a more talented team this year as well as real coaches but yet you say that? Cocaine is a **** of a drug. I'm not saying we can make the playoffs but we better win more than 9 or 10 games...

Not with this secondary

lol....no ****...gotta love our fanbase.

So happy you and your staff are here Mark. Now lose no more than 1 game with Golden's poorly developed squad with a lack of depth or GTFOH.

UM

Advertisement

Lol you're so full of shxt on this post o don't know where to start...
No u don't have to have crazy depth to make it in the top 10 are u serious with that bs??

Also gtfoh with that only 3 of our players are on that level bs too. We have just as much talent on the roster talking about Ronald Darby?? Wtf great player but chill with the FSU groupie **** he wasn't doing **** special against us.

Every dlineman you mentioned we have comparable talent to.

And get off Dalvin Cooks nuts acting like he can't be stopped and name 10 teams who have a better group of rbs than us?

Take off the orange and green-colored glasses for a second bruh. You are correct in regards to not having crazy depth to make it in the top 10, UCF was there a couple of years ago, but to compete in the playoffs you're going to need it. Sorry to break it to you but our talent is nowhere near where you think it is.

Who on our roster is better than Darby at FSU? Heck, who's better than Lamarcus Joyner or PJ Wiliams? I'm no groupie and could care less about what happened when Dorsett smoked him. The point still remains that we have no one better or on that kind of level.

I believe in our talent at DL, still surreal that we got Kool, but I have to see it first.

1. Georgia 2. Oklahoma 3. LSU, 4. Clemson 5. Pittsburgh 6. Baylor 7. Oregon 8. Tennessee 9. UNC 10. FSU. Shall I continue?

I saw Bama's spring game today on ESPN. You should watch it then revise your post. Matter-a-fact, all the 'sky is falling' and 'we're not talented enough' crowd should do the same. They have depth but many of our players could start for them based on what I saw. Was not impressed. Last I checked Saban wanted Cager and AR15 but they politely declined. Sam Bruce is on that level.

Don't forget we have more recruits coming in. Our secondary will look different come September. We're just getting started.

:kaaya:

Advertisement

I saw Bama's spring game today on ESPN. You should watch it then revise your post. Matter-a-fact, all the 'sky is falling' and 'we're not talented enough' crowd should do the same. They have depth but many of our players could start for them based on what I saw. Was not impressed. Last I checked Saban wanted Cager and AR15 but they politely declined. Sam Bruce is on that level.

Don't forget we have more recruits coming in. Our secondary will look different come September. We're just getting started.

:kaaya:

What Miami players could start for bama? Sans kaaya, I'm just wondering who you think.

As I said in another thread... ...UNC was a couple bounces away from playing in a playoff. Freaking UNC.

We have as good a chance this year as they did last year in my mind. Just need to be better on third down, cut down on stupid turnovers, and score more TD's in the Redzone.

One must keep in mind richt has only won less than 9 games in 4 out of 15 seasons with 3 of those being 8 win seasons.....That's incredible. Bottom line richt knows how to win and is playing in an easier conference with a team more than talented and capable enough to win the coastal. Look at his record vs the acc 19-4 which includes wins over Fsu, Clemson, ga tech and others. And finally he is calling plays again. We have one of the greatest offensive minds ever in college football that will finally have an elite qb to coach again. That will make the offense more efficient and let us convert 3rd downs

I can't tell what is worse, that the OP posted this thread or that there are people that actually think its a possibility.

how about win the coastal for the first time in history

Advertisement
Back