Coaching Hypothetical: Would Manuela Have Been More Successful Under Rhad The Impaler?

Not saying Manuela hoists a natty, but would he have been more successful with Rhad the Impaler as AD vs Flake James The Beta Cuck?

ASSUME Rhad comes after Manuela gets hired amd we take off the table Rhad never hires him from Temple

He would have asked for a bigger yacht

Advertisement
Already been said, but he doesn't fix the defense. That was Manny's baby and the results were what they were.

Someone mentioned D'No as being worse and maybe time has softened my opinion on him. I thought his and Golden's scheme were atrocious, but make no mistake, that was as much Golden as D'No.

Both systems were historically bad. Both would've still floundered and floundered no matter who the AD was. They both essentially fell on their own sword / defense.

So no, it wouldn't have mattered. Both needed very good college to elite players (let the talent take over) for their systems to work. So unless someone is bringing that, not much improvement if any at all.

**** ******* no. As long as you have a decent OL and an OC with half a brain, you can kill Manny's defenses.

His defensive scheme only works when you have ridiculous talent like a Bama or UGA, and even they would get sliced by an above average OC. Our defense was so good in the beginning because Golden and DNo couldn't coach for **** but recruited talent

Manny not only lost to FiU but then followed that performance by a loss by Louisiana Tech a school most of us didn’t even know existed . How anyone defends this fraud is astonishing

Rhad would’ve analyzed the situation.
Sought advice from football analysts to asses past performance.
The entire painstaking process would’ve been arduous and time consuming. The endeavor would’ve taken an entire 15 minutes for him to come to a definitive conclusion that the entire fckng staff needed to go sans DVD and Field.

Advertisement
Fish stink from the top down. The culture has been rotting for years. With a strong structure and culture already in place Manny might have done better - but IMO not much better.

Does this look like the face of a man that would've had patience with Danny Miaz? Does anything about that jawline give off anything but an air of strength and a demand of unwavering excellence?

Screenshot_20220507-203125_Chrome.jpg

Maybe with Ruiz money he could have waaaay overpaid somebody to come run his defense. That being laughed at, maybe one more game successful but no ******* way acc championship successful.

Give Manny an unlimited budget to hire a DC and he would still hire a Blake Baker type. Jn other words no one more accomplished than himself as a DC.

Advertisement
I think 10 win seasons would have been the norm for Richt if he had Dan Rad and Ruiz money.

Not sure about that...I think you might be underestimating at what stage in his career Ritch was at. He was pretty much done.

Manny not only lost to FiU but then followed that performance by a loss by Louisiana Tech a school most of us didn’t even know existed . How anyone defends this fraud is astonishing
Louisiana Tech was the reason the 2000 team played in the Sugar Bowl and not the National Championship Game.

He may have done marginally better, but his coaching flaws still would have costs us a few games each season. There would have still been the same defensive issues against good teams.

**** ******* no. As long as you have a decent OL and an OC with half a brain, you can kill Manny's defenses.

His defensive scheme only works when you have ridiculous talent like a Bama or UGA, and even they would get sliced by an above average OC. Our defense was so good in the beginning because Golden and DNo couldn't coach for **** but recruited talent
This, if you can run a counter you're putting 200 yards on the ground minimum.

Advertisement
I think you all are letting your opinion of Manny influence what should be a fairly non-disputable point--any coach with more financial resources and support will fare better.

As an example, I recall (either an article or segment) on OSU when Ryan Day took over. Essentially, that school is so financially and emotionally invested into the football team that they refused to let Day struggle. Too big to fail (so to speak). So they did everything they could to ensure an easy transition. Look, Manny would've capped (for all the reasons set forth above) but envision this school and AD going out of its way to make Manny's first head coaching gig easier--it would have been a better product. (How much better? Who knows. But a little bit better. He'd probably still have a job I'd guess.)

Advertisement
Would he have been better? Yes probably with more money for staff/support staff. But bottom line is he is not ready to lead a championship power 5 team. He learned on the job and it showed.

Not saying Manuela hoists a natty, but would he have been more successful with Rhad the Impaler as AD vs Flake James The Beta Cuck?

ASSUME Rhad comes after Manuela gets hired amd we take off the table Rhad never hires him from Temple

Likely never would've been hired in the first place. So,...

Would Napoleon have less of a stigma if he was alive during social media?

I think you all are letting your opinion of Manny influence what should be a fairly non-disputable point--any coach with more financial resources and support will fare better.

As an example, I recall (either an article or segment) on OSU when Ryan Day took over. Essentially, that school is so financially and emotionally invested into the football team that they refused to let Day struggle. Too big to fail (so to speak). So they did everything they could to ensure an easy transition. Look, Manny would've capped (for all the reasons set forth above) but envision this school and AD going out of its way to make Manny's first head coaching gig easier--it would have been a better product. (How much better? Who knows. But a little bit better. He'd probably still have a job I'd guess.)
Great point. While I think he would have done marginally better, I suspect the moment was just too large for him and Miami is not a forgiving place to learn on the job.

I think its unlikely Manuela finds success at another D1P5 HC gig in terms of Conference or Natty trophies.

Let's see how Manuela in PSU Y3 as DC works out...probably not going to be Happy Valley.

With that said, IF he had Rhad and the $$$$ support the program has now, I suspect Manuela would have won just enough games for "one more year and we turn the corner".

Advertisement
Back