2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I feel like Hykeem is way more of a projection guy. Innis is possibly the highest floor prospect at the position in quite some time. Hykeem has all of the physical traits you want and COULD develop into a better receiver but I don't think there is anything (maybe jump ball catches?) that Hykeem does better than Innis right this second.

By the same token Hykeem might have the highest ceiling of any WR in South Florida in a very long time.

kicking kung fu GIF by Tvoje Lice Zvuči Poznato
ace ventura GIF

Jim Carrey Help GIF by Ace Ventura

I like these better.

He's a better route runner, a better contested catch guy, and has the bigger frame.

I'd say the opposite. The ONLY place Innis outpaces Williams is in the YAC department....but HW is no slouch in that department either. He's a tough kid to bring down in space.

Of course, I'll take either one given how bereft we are of upper level talent at the WR position....but I'm on record as saying I like both HW and Jean over Innis . Just look at how Innis responded to getting double teamed in the championship game and how he got completely taken out of the game. HW has been double teamed pretty much since birth.
I have to disagree on the route running right now. Again Hykeem I think has the higher ceiling because of his athleticism and size but wasn't there a couple of HS coaches on the Hykeem player thread that said he was soft as **** and struggled against press man to the point where he disappeared a few games when pressed?

I have to disagree on the route running right now. Again Hykeem I think has the higher ceiling because of his athleticism and size but wasn't there a couple of HS coaches on the Hykeem player thread that said he was soft as **** and struggled against press man to the point where he disappeared a few games when pressed?
I remember that being said about Jalen Brown for sure. Not sure about Hykeem.

Advertisement

Innis struggles against press man. This past weekend he got completely shut down. Was pointing fingers after the game too. I'd argue Innis has some softness to his personality.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm sure it was Macho who said that Hykeem was a one-trick pony. Had a deep route and not much else.

Innis struggles against press man. This past weekend he got completely shut down. Was pointing fingers after the game too. I'd argue Innis has some softness to his personality.
I've never known Innis to struggle with Press Man. Struggling against the double team, which he absolutely did in the championship game is one thing, but I've yet to see a HS DB go 1 on 1 with Innis and Innis not get his. I like Hykeem a lot as a player as well but Innis is that kid that has literally balled at every level since he was a kid. Even when going against older kids when he was in 8th grade. Might not have the athleticism of Keem but last thing I would call him is soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back