Hurricanes in 2014 draft

Walford is slow because when he is running he is slow. Its that simple. Don't really care what his 40 time is because when he has the ball and is running, he certainly doesn't run very fast.

You can say he can't get open if he's slow, but that's BS. How many slow *** white TEs run around wide open against us over the years? If someone doesn't cover him, which seemed to be the case most of the time, its not because he is fast.

Exactly what I was gonna say.

He's not making big plays because he's torching coverage, he's making plays cause he's wide open. How many times have you seen Walford go up over a LB and snatch a pass? How 'bout put his foot in the ground and explode out of his break?

I'm not saying he's a bad player, but 3rd round talent? **** no. LOL. We've had way better players at Miami that went in the 3rd.

Advertisement
I can't figure out why Walford doesn't get more love. He can catch a jump ball, gain yards after the catch, make difficult catches (I know his hands have been an issue), and he's got prototype size for a TE.

I think I've seen him make one difficult catching during his career here.

You can say he can't get open if he's slow, but that's BS. How many slow *** white TEs run around wide open against us over the years? If someone doesn't cover him, which seemed to be the case most of the time, its not because he is fast.

How many of those tight ends averaged 18 yards a catch for an entire season? It's not just one game. Why is he consistently making these catches down the field?

How many of those tight ends averaged 18 yards a catch for an entire season? It's not just one game. Why is he consistently making these catches down the field?

What catches did he make DOWN FIELD?

The long catches I remember him having were catch-and-runs. He had one nice down-field catch that I remember. It was a corner route to Morris right and he had to jump to catch it.

What catches did he make DOWN FIELD?

The long catches I remember him having were catch-and-runs. He had one nice down-field catch that I remember. It was a corner route to Morris right and he had to jump to catch it.

He had several in the Duke game. The TD against USF was a coverage breakdown, but Walford ran 40 yards down the field effortlessly. Slow guys don't even have an opportunity to make that play.

And anyway, the long catches and runs are proof that this guy is a talented athlete. Kansas State he broke a tackle and dusted the backers for 45 yards before the corner caught him. Do any of our other tight ends make these chunk plays? I watched every game and every scrimmage this spring, and I can't think of one from Cleveland, Sandland or anyone else.

Last edited:
Advertisement
DMoney spittin knowledge on fools.

Also, when you're talking about the pro ranks, production is huge, but projection plays a large role as well. A lot of coaches would love a kid with his physical attributes.

He's still plenty raw, but he has plenty of time to prove how good he can be.

Lol. Yeah. I meant if he came out next year he wouldnt get drafted. Vilma and DJ were absolute BEASTS in 2002 and they were not sure fire 1st rounders. AND Vilma finished his sophomre year **** well. I havent seen Perryman put it all together yet. I have seen flashes. I have seen his shirtless pics. I havent seen a LB that is draftable as of next year. **** buddy wasn't even in a black jersey half the spring.

I just think we fans sometimes think more of these guys then actual scouts do. And it shows on draft day when our guys drop like flies and we are all shocked. (Like BWash, LMiller, TStreeter, etc.) Nobody can say they thought those guys would be drafted so low. And im sure we can put a **** good list together of more of our guys who went lower then expected as well. I like Perryman. I am just ready for him to take the next step becuz our LB corp depends on it.

I'd disagree with one thing. i was not at all surprised about Streeter and Washington falling in the draft. Lamar fell further than I thought, but that presumably was related to his shoulder

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back