Hurricanes in 2014 draft

CanadaCane

Freshman
Bored watching the Draft. Thought I'd rank the top 5 UM players in the 2014 NFL Draft.

1. Stephen Morris (1st Round)
2. Seantrel Henderson (2nd Round)
3. Denzel Perryman (2nd Round)
4. Brandon Linder (2nd Round)
5. Shane McDermott (4th Round)

Who do you guys have?

Advertisement
I could definitely see the above scenario with the possibility of henderson sneaking into round one. I also see Allen Hurns and Mo Hagens going in a late round.

If Henderson stays on track, he will explode in the NFL. The things he need (strength, technique) will continue to improve in an NFL program. And he doesn't have to go to class anymore.

I wouldn't have McDermott on the list, but Bunche could be draftable if he leaves early. Hopefully Curtis Porter ups his stock this year.

Porter round 4

Hurns round 4

Hagens round 7 or UFA (dude will play in the league)

Most important thing is that Duke doesn't leave early.

Advertisement
If Henderson sniffs the year he's capable of, he'll go in the first round.

Advertisement
I'd be VERY surprised if Morris is a first round draft pic or the first cane taken.

Man teams only care that you are good in your draft year. Plenty of guys in the 2013 draft had only been good for 2012 and got drafted high.
If any of the above have a GREAT not good year. Then they will be drafted high. As in round 1-2.
A good year will put our prospects in the 3-4 range. An average year from those guys and it will be 5th round -UFA.
Stephen Morris needs a 4000 yard 30+ TD and above 60% completion to go in the first. And I believe he will match or surpass those numbers.
He is better than EJ!

Advertisement
Henderson makes his money this year on Sept 7 and Sept 28 when he shuts down Easily and Lynch. The tapes of those two games plus FSU, vs Werner, will be enough to put him into the first. Then you toss in the intangibles.

Henderson is a definite first round player if he stands out this year. I know it's unpopular, but Morris isn't going in the first round.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back