Off-Topic Hurricane Season

Advertisement
This is the WINK meteorologist. His timeline has tons of pictures of the devastation.

Advertisement
I survived Andrew and as bad as Ian was Andrew was the worst down here Miami.

Homestead air reserve base HAD a building for weather monitoring for the F-16 it was built to withstand 250 mph plus winds , they never found the building after Andrew.

165 mph a JOKE , 250 plus reality

I'm sure they will upgrade Ian to Cat 5 after assessments. Here in Panama City when Michael hit they had it as a CAT 4, but that was because all the monitoring devices were destroyed and that was the last reading. Once they assessed the damage they upgraded it.

Advertisement
Screenshot_20220930_183435.jpg

Advertisement

• In her latest gaffe, Vice President Kamala Harris said Friday that 'communities of color' would be the focus of federal hurricane relief
  • Her comments come as Floridians begin to count the cost of the devastating effects of Hurricane Ian
  • Harris was almost immediately called out by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' aid Christina Pushaw
  • Pushaw called Harris' remarks 'false' and accused the vice president of 'causing undue panic' with her comments
  • You can donate to the Florida Disaster Fund here

• At a press conference on Friday, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis stated simply: 'You loot, we shoot'
  • While at another event on Friday, DeSantis reminded any potential looters that Florida is a Second Amendment state adding: 'In Florida, you never know what may be lurking behind somebody's home
  • There have been sporadic reports of looting in Fort Myers, Tampa and Naples
  • Florida's Attorney General Ashley Moody weighed in saying that her office would seek the ' longest pretrial detention possible to keep them locked up so they cannot commit new crimes'

Advertisement
I survived Andrew and as bad as Ian was Andrew was the worst down here Miami.

Homestead air reserve base HAD a building for weather monitoring for the F-16 it was built to withstand 250 mph plus winds , they never found the building after Andrew.

165 mph a JOKE , 250 plus reality
Andrew has NOTHING on what Ian has done in SWFl....Andrew ended up costing 56 billion $$$.....Ian when all is said and done, 120 billion....

I'm not the biggest DeSantis fan....but anyone who says he's not doing all he can are full of Sh*t....there are literally 100 FEMA Portable trailers all over the place.
Is that DeSantis or the Federal Govt? Last I heard, FEMA was a Fed Agency.

Appears DeSantis and Biden are cooperating well, just like Christie and Obama during, what was it, Sandy?

Advertisement
Back