Off-Topic Hurricane Season

Advertisement
Only weird policy I have seen. They’re asking people to go online or call for assistance. Most don’t have either. Hopefully the trailers are there to help that.

Andrew has NOTHING on what Ian has done in SWFl....Andrew ended up costing 56 billion $$$.....Ian when all is said and done, 120 billion....
I can’t deny at all the damage of Ian , I totally agree 👍.

What I saying is wind speed Andrew over 200 plus mph gusts close to 230.

Ian had a registered core speed on a Doppler radar of 175 I believe Ian had gusts close to 200 mph .there’s photos of wood beams in Florida Pines like they were grown in the trees from Andrew

CAT 5 which I believe Ian may have been these winds at the core we’re beyond thought.

I was just mentioning they had Andrew at 165 a total falsehood FPL 100 foot 50KV power feeder cable structures snapped those were rated for 300 mph which made believe 2-3 mile wide CAT-5 tornadoes were involved.

As far a wind power Andrew should be the strongest winds EVER recorded of 240 plus BUT insurance and structural codes wouldn’t allow this due to what the new CODE structure would be needed.

The building CODES in Southern Florida are the strictest in the world in structure CODES.

It was 100 plus years since a hurricane hit Ft Myers.

Ian’s damage could double Andrews do to Andrew was 30 years ago and materials now are close to 300% higher then 1992.

I’m hearing in the construction business I’m in plan on 3-5 years to recover from Ian .

Ian will be the most costly hurricane in history out going Katrina I believe.and with maybe 500 plus casualties.
GOCANES

Andrew has NOTHING on what Ian has done in SWFl....Andrew ended up costing 56 billion $$$.....Ian when all is said and done, 120 billion....
240 BILLION for IAN my guess material is skyrocketing with MASSIVE shortages of raw materials that the public is NOT aware.

There are NO meter cans for FPL to connect, there actually connecting without meter cans and dollar cost averaging.

There electrical meter main stacks on back order till middle of next year and ABSOLUTELY NO FUSES .

There could NOT have been a WORSE time for hurricane to hit the middle of our state a tragedy beyond mortal thought.

Until people live through a CAT-5 like us in Miami Homestead area and NOW the SW coast no one except those in tornado alley can comprehend the horror of it .

I took my family into a closet wrapped in a king mattress crying YELLING Praying in each other’s arms till the TRAIN WRECK STOPPED.

Even though IAN missed Miami it DID NOT Miss my heart in countless hours I watched with watery eyes I didn’t want to leave these victims alone I was there in spirit and never ending Prayers which I continue to do

GOCANES

Last edited:
Stop it....I'm well aware it's a Fed Agency...but in disastrous situations like this (Worst Natural Disaster in Florida's History) he's doing all he can, and then some. This is not the time to play Silly *** Political BS...
Of course DeSantis is doing all he can. Who would expect anything different? You're the one who seemed to be crediting him unilaterally for the "100 FEMA trailers."

I would ask DeSantis, though, why he voted as a House member in 2013 against aid for States ravaged by Hurricane Sandy when it hit the Northeast back in what, 2013? Most all Rs voted for that aid. I'm more than willling to believe he just made a bad judgment back then and he'd vote differently if he had it to do over.

Advertisement
Of course DeSantis is doing all he can. Who would expect anything different? You're the one who seemed to be crediting him unilaterally for the "100 FEMA trailers."

I would ask DeSantis, though, why he voted as a House member in 2013 against aid for States ravaged by Hurricane Sandy when it hit the Northeast back in what, 2013? Most all Rs voted for that aid. I'm more than willling to believe he just made a bad judgment back then and he'd vote differently if he had it to do over.
Everything have to turn political?

Everything have to turn political?
👍

Dude has to dredge up some thing from 10 years ago which has absolutely zero bearing on how DeSantis is handling this hurricane. This is absolutely turning it political, and partisan.

This poster is a joke.

Advertisement
I can’t deny at all the damage of Ian , I totally agree 👍.

What I saying is wind speed Andrew over 200 plus mph gusts close to 230.

Ian had a registered core speed on a Doppler radar of 175 I believe Ian had gusts close to 200 mph .there’s photos of wood beams in Florida Pines like they were grown in the trees from Andrew

CAT 5 which I believe Ian may have been these winds at the core we’re beyond thought.

I was just mentioning they had Andrew at 165 a total falsehood FPL 100 foot 50KV power feeder cable structures snapped those were rated for 300 mph which made believe 2-3 mile wide CAT-5 tornadoes were involved.

As far a wind power Andrew should be the strongest winds EVER recorded of 240 plus BUT insurance and structural codes wouldn’t allow this due to what the new CODE structure would be needed.

The building CODES in Southern Florida are the strictest in the world in structure CODES.

It was 100 plus years since a hurricane hit Ft Myers.

Ian’s damage could double Andrews do to Andrew was 30 years ago and materials now are close to 300% higher then 1992.

I’m hearing in the construction business I’m in plan on 3-5 years to recover from Ian .

Ian will be the most costly hurricane in history out going Katrina I believe.and with maybe 500 plus casualties.
GOCANES
Big difference is Ian having hit a major population center head on. Andrew was bad, real bad, but fortunately it hit with most impact a few miles south of Miami and that made a huge difference in total damage. If Andrew had hit just 5 miles or so further north ... direct center on Miami / Miami Beach ... it would have been significantly worse. I lived in Coral Gables about a mile East of US1 and UM campus at the time ... had wind over our roof at 168 mph (hurricane center was just west of us so we had good data). Homestead / Country walk etc were decimated. Big issue was the small nasty tornados that popped up all over ... they would eliminate a complete home and leave the neighboring home untouched. Freaky.

Just have caught glimpses of it here and there, but if there’s anything positive about this hurricane, and that’s stretching it because this thing has been a horrific disaster, it’s apparently that the hundreds that were expected to be found dead has not turned out to be correct, at least at this point.

Let’s hope the body count stays relatively low.

Just have caught glimpses of it here and there, but if there’s anything positive about this hurricane, and that’s stretching it because this thing has been a horrific disaster, it’s apparently that the hundreds that were expected to be found dead has not turned out to be correct, at least at this point.

Let’s hope the body count stays relatively low.
I saw it was up to 66 in FL.

Advertisement
I guess more evacuate from near the beach.
I don’t know all the areas impacted but would assume many of the communities have transitioned into rental and vacation homes. Marco has always been like that and the fancy beach parts of Sarasota seem to be like that as well. Both have seasonal populations.

Advertisement
Big difference is Ian having hit a major population center head on. Andrew was bad, real bad, but fortunately it hit with most impact a few miles south of Miami and that made a huge difference in total damage. If Andrew had hit just 5 miles or so further north ... direct center on Miami / Miami Beach ... it would have been significantly worse. I lived in Coral Gables about a mile East of US1 and UM campus at the time ... had wind over our roof at 168 mph (hurricane center was just west of us so we had good data). Homestead / Country walk etc were decimated. Big issue was the small nasty tornados that popped up all over ... they would eliminate a complete home and leave the neighboring home untouched. Freaky.
True , Miami would have a citywide nuclear blast, you know exactly what a CAT-5 is like to experience.

I honestly believe Andrew as small and tight as it was could have been actually a tornado 10-20 miles wide as it hit.

A Hurricane just doesn’t go 240 mph

Very good points here 🎯as I read your post I was bobbing saying yes yes this how it was.

Thank you

GOCANES

I saw it was up to 66 in FL.
What’s very sad to see after a CAT-5 is people in a daze of unable to comprehend what happened in all there possessions and home obliterated wondering around lost and confused trying to talk to there selves.

I myself after Andrew went out to look around ONE BLOCK AWAY and almost got lost not knowing where I was didn’t know it went into a state of no no this isn’t real can be and I got turned around in my heard NOTHING WAS FAMILIAR unrecognizable.

My breathing just picked up a couple notches just sharing this WOW.

I don’t know all the areas impacted but would assume many of the communities have transitioned into rental and vacation homes. Marco has always been like that and the fancy beach parts of Sarasota seem to be like that as well. Both have seasonal populations.
Sarasota has an incredible amount of Fiber Optics..to their credit. Some areas are rental & vacation homes....

Advertisement
Back