Hurricane Irma

This just got upgraded to a category 5. The irony is I'm in Dallas and was supposed to go on vacation this Thursday to Florida. Nevermind.

[TWEET]905039554289082368[/TWEET]

Wow, just over an hour ago, it was a 4 with 150mph winds and was supposed to weaken to 130 by Sunday morning.

It's supposed to hit Puerto Rico. Not that I want it to hit any land, but if it does, it might (likely will) weaken.

Advertisement
This is one of the better message boards devoted to weather, and with numerous guys who know the tendencies/significance of the various models. Now the models are again hinting at a more westerly path which could take Irma into the Gulf and spare South Florida the brunt:

ATL: IRMA - Models - Page 335 - STORM2K

5am advisory continues the more southerly and westerly path, now has it going up the west coast of Florida.

Key West is going to get wrecked. Fvck, it's alrdy basically under water and a cat five thru there? Those people have to evacuate if the newest projections hold true

Also, too early but there is another hurricane likely forming right behind Irma.

Last edited:
Guys I don't know when the last time I seen a hurricane this strong guys please be safe.
5a40c6340aec3f5e31426f9c78de184c.jpg
b4cba2b27b6e0bcaf5fdb5e0f7011be3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Not saying we'll never get hit again or even not to plan appropriately but the last shred of integrity these fear merchants/agents of Home Depot and Publix had was burned last year during the complete joke that was "Hurricane" Matthew. And the sad thing is that a lot of people here have become so skeptical of the wall-to-wall fear mongering and totally inaccurate meteorological "science" that widespread preparations will never take place again until we are actually hit hard again.

All that said, follow or listen to John Morales at NBC 6 if you want a guy with an actual science background (and not some girl that went into meteorology as an add-on to her broadcasting/communications major at State U) and isn't afraid to tell it like it is- even if that means saying we're not going to get hit with anything.

I live in NYC, and trust me when I say no one gives a **** about storms and weather related issues in other parts of the country, but these models are worthy of elevated alertness. Andrew will happen again. It's inevitable.

I'm in Miami, and I can tell you everyone I speak to is prepairing for this storm and not taking it lightly.

Godspeed brother.

Get prepped and help your neighbors.

Thanks! **** is getting real down here. Having a 4 month old changes everything for me too with these situations. Might get crazy and leave town.

Advertisement
I'm in Miami, and I can tell you everyone I speak to is prepairing for this storm and not taking it lightly.

Godspeed brother.

Thanks! **** is getting real down here. Having a 4 month old changes everything for me too with these situations. Might get crazy and leave town.
Leaving is tricky since the path is still uncertain. I remember when Andrew hit we took shelter in the nearby hospital. Either way, keep yourself and your family safe. Don't get caught out in this thing.

Anywhere from the panhandle to NYC should be watching this closely. Last look at 180 MPH winds. I do business and have friends in PR and the USVI and this thing has me concerned.

Welcome to life in Florida.

I'll say this..if the local weather people are trying to play a game of "Fear Factor" they are doing a great job at it. They are trying their best to scare the **** out of everyone with this hurricane. **** hasnt got real yet until they cancel schools. As long as those kids gotta go to school..we are in the clear..still way too early to call anything right now..but nothing wrong with grabbing some water just in case.

Advertisement
Latest models are suggesting it may just miss the tip of Miami and head up the coast to Carolina. Storm could still be devastating along the coast.

Please note that I'm not a professional forecaster and this is just for casual conversation.

Anywhere from the panhandle to NYC should be watching this closely. Last look at 180 MPH winds. I do business and have friends in PR and the USVI and this thing has me concerned.

PR might be sent back to the Ice Age if it gets hit at a Cat 5 with 180mph winds. Hope the best for your friends and hope they have enough resources to get the **** of there.

Agree. Unless you are getting on a plane, you could flee into the path. I think we'll have 48 hours of notice though and that is when you make the call. Looks like that will be early Saturday.

Advertisement
This just got upgraded to a category 5. The irony is I'm in Dallas and was supposed to go on vacation this Thursday to Florida. Nevermind.

[TWEET]905039554289082368[/TWEET]

Wow, just over an hour ago, it was a 4 with 150mph winds and was supposed to weaken to 130 by Sunday morning.

It's supposed to hit Puerto Rico. Not that I want it to hit any land, but if it does, it might (likely will) weaken.

Yeah, thanks. It is suppose to hit us tonight and tomorrow, and they say some parts of the island may be 3-4 months without electricity because of the terrible shape of the electrical lines combined with a hurricane.

Godspeed brother.

Choose carefully brother. They have a lot of the models saying it's going right through the middle of the state

Advertisement
Back