Hurricane Irma

Advertisement
The west coast of Florida is going to get absolutely destroyed.

This is horrible.
Already I'm just resigned to the fact we're going to lose everything we own. I lived on Marco Island. Place is going to be totally wiped out. Sheltered now. At least we should be alive after this.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thoughts with all of you in the keys and on the west coast. I'm sure you're taking it seriously, but here's what about 70-100 miles OUTSIDE of the eye/cone look like in north Broward area

IMG_4903.GIF

That's nothing in terms of damage, but you get a feel for how powerful this storm is, even being about 115 miles away from the eye like I am.

I'm in Henry county georgia, already experiencing pretty strong winds and this thing ain't even hit fort Meyers yet..... irma is a monster. They have already initiated a tropical storm warning for most of Georgia too

Last edited:
Advertisement
Really worried about family and friends in Tampa/Sarasota area.

I know they're as prepared as possible, but they aren't going to be as prepared as South Florida was - they just don't have that experience, this is very rare for them.

I know they're as prepared as possible, but they aren't going to be as prepared as South Florida was - they just don't have that experience, this is very rare for them.

The Bay Area will be a real problem, and I'm putting that lightly.
The water level will go from -3 or -4, to +10 in less than an hour.
They're not prepared for that.
I'm not much of a religious guy, but whatever value I have in prayer goes out to the people in those areas.

Advertisement
media always has to ride a fine line line in these cases. Better for them to pump this up to catastrophic levels and be wrong than not and be wrong. Backlash will be much worse in the latter situation. You notice that even though the euro model is by far the statistically best model, they include all these other models in their forecasts showing the spaghetti looking tracks that go all over the place to create the most uncertainty for viewers.

, but whatever value I have in prayer goes out to the people in those areas.

not sure how much solace to take in this statement? Maybe if you can put the value on a scale of 1-10 it may help.

Advertisement
Back