Hula Bowl 2022

Rellyrell

Heisman Winner
Premium
Not sure if anyone tuned in, but I tuned in b/c Williams, Harley, & Carter were participants for Team Aina.

Nothing to really report, but I will say Harley has played the worst out of the trio.

-Carter made a V-line to deliver a booming shoulder tackle in the open field, jarring the bar loose on a swing pass & played great leverage on a QB RPO to help string him out.

-Williams has held his own along the line, & received praise throughout practice for hard, violent hands.

-Harley has run lazy routes, and the only time he was targeted for a deep ball, he legit allowed the defender to box him out & didn’t put up a fight. The announcers called him out for his lack of fight to at the very least draw a P.I.

Being that scouts were here, I was hoping to see these young men standout.

Advertisement
Not sure if anyone tuned in, but I tuned in b/c Williams, Harley, & Carter were participants for Team Aina.

Nothing to really report, but I will say Harley has played the worst out of the trio.

-Carter made a V-line to deliver a booming shoulder tackle in the open field, jarring the bar loose on a swing pass & played great leverage on a QB RPO to help string him out.

-Williams has held his own along the line, & received praise throughout practice for hard, violent hands.

-Harley has run lazy routes, and the only time he was targeted for a deep ball, he legit allowed the defender to box him out & didn’t put up a fight. The announcers called him out for his lack of fight to at the very least draw a P.I.

Being that scouts were here, I was hoping to see these young men standout.

Harley isn’t very good which is wild he has the school record now.

He was a tough competitor and gave his all to the school so hopefully he got his degree and maybe even masters while he was at Miami cause off the field is where he will find himself soon.

Harley’s best Football has been played in college, he’s gonna have a rough go of it trying to make a team in the league, but I’ll be rooting for him...

Jarrid Williams I think will be a serviceable OT in the league, he’s an older more mature player with a ton of reps. He may have low ceiling but also has a high floor, he’ll be able to come in & be a legit backup that can step in if the starter ahead of him gets injured. The league always has a place for solid OT’s considering how often they get injured in today’s game.

Dudes like Harley can go to the cfl and make about 60k+ of they do it right for a few months of work.

Not sure why alot of guys dont push that way after nfl tryouts camps etc
Is freezing in Canada and risk getting CTE worth $60K per year?

Advertisement
Harley’s best Football has been played in college, he’s gonna have a rough go of it trying to make a team in the league, but I’ll be rooting for him...

Jarrid Williams I think will be a serviceable OT in the league, he’s an older more mature player with a ton of reps. He may have low ceiling but also has a high floor, he’ll be able to come in & be a legit backup that can step in if the starter ahead of him gets injured. The league always has a place for solid OT’s considering how often they get injured in today’s game.

Exactly my thoughts on Williams, as well. It’s crazy but serviceable OTs r a wave w/ the NFL becoming a passing league, and the propensity of injuries along the OL. The flip side is that b/c the NFL has become a passing league, a WR is much more scrutinized than before. Way too much talent coming from P5, G5, and occasional FCS schools. If u’re running lazy routes, not fighting for balls, u will find urself out the league or non existent.

Is freezing in Canada and risk getting CTE worth $60K per year?

They play football for free for **** near 12 years.

Notice i said 60k for like 3months...tax free money..with sponsors or a lil gig or so they pull in solid money while up there.

Im just basing this on..chilling 1 day with at some youth games and overhearing our former ol Brandon Washington speaking on how it was easy money up there for him in that range.

Dudes like Harley can go to the cfl and make about 60k+ of they do it right for a few months of work.

Not sure why alot of guys dont push that way after nfl tryouts camps etc
Because who the **** wants to travel to edmonton

Advertisement

Notice i said 60k for like 3months...tax free money..with sponsors or a lil gig or so they pull in solid money while up there.

Im just basing this on..chilling 1 day with at some youth games and overhearing our former ol Brandon Washington speaking on how it was easy money up there for him in that range.
Gil’s brother plays up there. Shaq Cooper

Advertisement
Advertisement

It is easy. If they do it right they can make 100k. Guys are living nice and if they negotiate it they don’t have to pay rent or for transportation. Just pocket it.

Harley was great in practice according to the people there. They said he deserved a Senior or Shrine Bowl invite.

His issue in the pros is that he’s small and doesn’t return kicks. Hard to justify that combo.

Yep; he looked good in practice by all accounts. Hence, I was really interested in seeing him play. Unless I missed something stepping away briefly, but I believe he was only targeted one time. His routes were so lazy & lethargic. But I was completely embarrassed on that deep ball as a Miami fan.

I’m not sure what his next journey will be, but hopefully he can turn some heads at pro day or something.

Advertisement
Back