Huge NIL News

Would have to ***-u-me, the NIL deal, is contractual. Would also assume, there has to be both, academic, performance, and conduct agreement there too.
Pay as you go type payment sys, helps to keep the kids from grabbing the bag, and leaving next year.
Curious how long the powers that be, will let us keep building the program, before having to make more "Miami" rules
NIL is governed by State law. The NCAA is powerless per the Supreme Court ruling. Basically, there are only 2 NCAA rules for NIL. Schools can't be directly involved and everything must follow your state's law(s).

Advertisement
Everyone search law.com and John Ruiz. There is an article on there but only one free read so wouldn’t let me link it after I closed it. Very interesting.

This may shed a little more light for those unfamiliar with how Ruiz has made his money and is going to make more with his business he’s developed …as someone who sort of deals in this and has to sign off on subpoenas for medical reports on a daily basis this will actually help Medicare and Medicaid.

LifeWallet is powered by a proprietary algorithm developed by the Ruiz family called MSP Recovery, which according to Forbes is set to be worth more than $20 billion when the company becomes publicly traded.

Ruiz’s business model is primarily based on an algorithm that identifies medical claims that are paid by government-funded healthcare programs where it believes another insurer like an auto policy or worker’s compensation is actually responsible.

MSP then seeks to collect the full billed amount—there’s usually a huge difference between what the government paid and what the healthcare system asked for.

According to Forbes, MSP is operating under the assumption that 11%—or around $177 billion—of the $1.6 trillion spent on Medicare and Medicaid each year is actually related to accidents, fraud and misconduct, which means that somebody else should have paid the bill.

From the kids’ perspective (I’m not going to pocket watch. Idgaf), do they get ****ed seeing their teammates reeling in more cash than themselves? Like what’s to stop don Chaney getting ****ed about his 30k over someone’s 50k?
I'm sure to some extent and some guys who dont get a deal will be ****ed but welcome to the real world. Want a bigger deal? Go put up the stats and win games for us...Not like every school is handing out $50k deals (i assume other big name schools will but certainly not all p5 will come close to this)

Advertisement
This will be my last post on this… it is literally my job to investigate and audit situations like this… I have a job because it happens enough to pay me for it there are a lot of red flags in this case and you know one thing I’ve learned doing this for years? Poor people don’t launder money, and the louder people are about doing good….. welp let’s move on, it’s all good, go canes, let’s win, I’m happy the players are getting paid, enough said.
It may be your job yet you have yet to provide a single piece of evidence for Ruiz malfeasance. All you have to go by is Nevin Shapiro. A known scammer who was illegally breaking the NCAA rules and was hush hush until the yahoo article exposed everything.

You are not taking into account that everything has changed. From administration, coaching to thr NCAA rules themselves with regards to players getting paid in the form kf NIL. Heck you are not even taking into account that Ruiz is paying players different "salaries".

But it's your prerogative to be concerned if you so wish. I find it silly that Mario Cristobal and Dan Radakovich who have spent years building sterling legacies will let a scammer come in and destroy their legacy and the program. That would imply that Dan Radakovich and Cristobal are as stupid as the amateurs we had in the previous administration. Not to mention that UM legal team has to approve of the deals. So yeah they have highly qualified people doing their job well making sure everything is good.

The Shapiro example is so apples and oranges that it is asinine to compare the situations and downright ignorant of the circumstances, leadership, and rule changes.

Personally, I dont see any difference than Texas publicly announcing that every Offensive Lineman gets money for performing pancake blocks. Or Ewers getting a million bucks before setting foot on a college football field. Or Brad Lambert disclosing a NIL deal worth 500k for every player on the team. Its the same.

This is how the NIL works these days. You can put this out and no one can do anything about it. Its marketing and advertisement so that players and parents notice what these people are doing to become more attracted.

As I said, NIL deals are public bags.
Yep but just cause Texas is doing this doesn’t mean we have to. You don’t think the Bama, UGA and A&Ms are paying players. Putting these guy info out there just puts more scrutiny on these kids from the outside that it’s total unnecessary. Also this going to effect the Locker room I just hope Mario can handle it. No problem with paying them just keep it private.

The NCAA can't do a GD thing. Their worst nightmare has come to fruition, a scathing SCOTUS ruling & States Rights.
The NCAA can't do a GD thing. Their worst nightmare has come to fruition, a scathing SCOTUS ruling & States Rights.

NIL is governed by State law. The NCAA is powerless per the Supreme Court ruling. Basically, there are only 2 NCAA rules for NIL. Schools can't be directly involved and everything must follow your state's law(s).
Not discounting the facts, but rather, I have faith, that the football powers, of the (Suck Emerrits ****) SEC, once truly threatened by the U, will find a way to handcuff the program!!.

Not discounting the facts, but rather, I have faith, that the football powers, of the (Suck Emerrits ****) SEC, once truly threatened by the U, will find a way to handcuff the program!!.

It’s going to be very hard for them to do it now. This is why Alabama had to change their NIL laws in the state because Florida was ahead of the game when it came to this.

Advertisement
Yep but just cause Texas is doing this doesn’t mean we have to. You don’t think the Bama, UGA and A&Ms are paying players. Putting these guy info out there just puts more scrutiny on these kids from the outside that it’s total unnecessary. Also this going to effect the Locker room I just hope Mario can handle it. No problem with paying them just keep it private.
Scrutiny? Why?

Can't be done. That ship has sailed out to sea. They have zero power. They would have to show that Miami violated the State of Florida NIL laws. I don't even think they could bring a law suit because they would not be an injured party in the lawsuit. I think the State of Florida or perhaps a school in Florida would have to file a lawsuit and Miami be convicted of some wrong doing, then the NCAA could penalize Miami based on the conviction.

Further, since schools are not directly involved in NIL deals, schools have no liability unless they participated in the deal or knowingly approved a shady deal. UM's role is to only approve or disapprove of an athletes NIL deal. They do not find or orchestrate NIL deals for their athletes.

Let's be clear. Nobody is doing anything wrong.

Last edited:
Advertisement

F all that, we've been quiet for too long. Now that the laws are on our side it's time flex our muscle.

@ehicks he will
answer questions

I already said I’m done posting on this… at no point did I say there is an issue with the NIL side of this so I’m not sure why you keep coming back to that. Of course I have no proof of wrongdoing on the source side of things, that’s why I said it was conjecture, it looks sketch, that’s all I said. If the tables were turned and a wealthy benefactor was funneling millions to fsu players but the deal that gives him said extra millions hadn’t been completed this place would blow up. Let’s move on, I love the fact these guys are getting paid, for now this helps the canes and we can all agree that’s a good thing.

Advertisement
I already said I’m done posting on this… at no point did I say there is an issue with the NIL side of this so I’m not sure why you keep coming back to that. Of course I have no proof of wrongdoing on the source side of things, that’s why I said it was conjecture, it looks sketch, that’s all I said. If the tables were turned and a wealthy benefactor was funneling millions to fsu players but the deal that gives him said extra millions hadn’t been completed this place would blow up. Let’s move on, I love the fact these guys are getting paid, for now this helps the canes and we can all agree that’s a good thing.
Guy had his whole family go to UM. This is called a booster. This isn't some rando billionaire with zero connections to UM. Long time
donor. Your mind is stuck under the old era rules. Now it's
legal through the NIL side. Welcome
to college football.

Advertisement
Back