Huge NIL News

Probably deleted because he never should have posted anything until the school had signed off.

I’m glad the NIL thing is happening and that our state government is smart and toward thinking enough to stay at the forefront of it as things develop… but with anything new, there are always perils and unintended consequences. So glad right now that we have Rad and other smart leaders to help us navigate instead of the (ahem) alternative.
It was reposted

Advertisement
One thing I hate about all the NIL stuff is the public nature of the deals specifics. I'm old enough to remember the effect on the NFL the Adam Schefters of the world has when contact details being released became the norm. More and more NFL athletes celebrity grew but also the bigger the targets they became. It used to be that NFL players could fly under the radar more than NBA players. The stars of course always have been targeted. Releasing the specifics of deals with college age athletes just seems like a bad idea to me personally. Not a fact just a opinion. Stating that this or that athlete has signed a deal should be enough.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="ht" dir="ltr">One year deals:<br>Tyler Van Dyke QB : 50k <br>Kamren Kinchens $42k <br>James Williams $42k <br>Will Mallory TE$42K <br>Zion Nelson $$42K <br>Jahfari Harvey $36K <br>Jacolby George $36K <br>Elijah Arroyo $36K <br>Romello Brinson $36K <a href="https://t.co/HZScoEyVfT">https://t.co/HZScoEyVfT</a></p>&mdash; John H. Ruiz (@JohnHRuiz) <a href="">January 17, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I have heard the same things from teachers. They have been targeted by gold diggers, too. Thats life

Ok, I see what you are saying. My point was NIL is going out of control and no one to police it. That is a dangerous thing for college football in my opinion.
which is why Ruiz is not handing out $1 mil dollar deals. I actually listen to him in his spaces. He thinks these extravagant NIL deals paying anyone on the team $50k regardless of talent/ contribution or paying a million to a player etc will run into legal issues with NCAA in the next couple years.

He emphasized that at UM
they would take a more targeted approach and would have plenty of lawyers including those on the UM side looking at every aspect of the deals.

Advertisement
I mean it’s my job to investigate it so yeah. I hope it’s on the up and up but when one single source starts moving large amounts of money into an LLC and then distributing it in amounts that don’t really line up with market value on a lot of these players that screams sketchy. Combine that with this huge influx of money the source is supposed to get but hasn’t, and the fact he’s advertising it… again I hope it’s legit but it’s not a great look.
We have no clue what market value for nil deals are. It is too early in the process. I look at market value being what someone is willing to pay for a product or service. There is no base for what market value is for nil. Why do our on fans keep trying to throw out **** that is not there.

The tone on the Ruiz family is changing with some of you, I see. Wait until he builds us this sick stadium. Ruiz family going to be gods to this program.

TVD needs a 6 figure deal from somebody and get Breshard Smith and Al Blades jr some money as well.

Hopefully these kids are taking a Dave Ramsey course or the school offers a personal finance course to all athletes. Having most expenses paid for gives them a prime opportunity to open up an IRA at a minimum. Throw in 15% per year into IRA plus a taxable brokerage account and do what you want with the rest.

Advertisement
You mopes/haters are so delusional that you honestly believe a well renowned lawyer with a good track record has new dirty money and is publicly boasting about it.. as well as bringing his entire family into it… you guys have probably 1 brain cell between the bunch of you lol
Not to mention that Mario EFFING Cristobal is at the helm here and is connected to this guy through marriage. Cristobal who knows how much the media/ NCAA hates UM will let a Scam artist launder money while HE is the head coach.

Lol I can’t believe you guys are so delusional after we got scammed by nevin. You’re saying rich people, or lawyers, or politicians can’t be corrupt just because they’re in positions of power? I hope beyond hope it’s all legit, I bleed cane football, but I’ve also seen some incredibly sketchy things go down by people I figured would never do it. And the fact we’re so desperate to be on top again means we’re more susceptible to scams. Those are facts, let’s all hope it works out but some of you guys are living in a fairy tale land.

Hopefully these kids are taking a Dave Ramsey course or the school offers a personal finance course to all athletes. Having most expenses paid for gives them a prime opportunity to open up an IRA at a minimum. Throw in 15% per year into IRA plus a taxable brokerage account and do what you want with the rest.
Florida's law requires financial education for the students. But I agree it's a huge opportunity for some to build wealth and get a great head start regardless of their NFL prospects. They already have food and housing 100% covered and get a few K per month in a stipend as well so some could realistically be investing these entire sums.

Advertisement
Genius move by rosenhaus. Small investment on landing potential big NFL clients down the road.

Florida's law requires financial education for the students. But I agree it's a huge opportunity for some to build wealth and get a great head start regardless of their NFL prospects. They already have food and housing 100% covered and get a few K per month in a stipend as well so some could realistically be investing these entire sums.
I don't expect kids investing everything or even half. If you can teach them 15% regardless of your income... that you should first pay your future self... then treat yourself and take care of your family and friends.

If they can then continue that mindset in the league we won't have broke athletes shows on ESPN.

Always painful to see people blow $20 million over 4 years.

From what I see, law enforcement or enforcement of public programs such as health care leave room for lawsuits if the patient or the family of the patient have been either mistreated, not fairly treated or money taken away from them without justification. Especially when insurance companies come into play. German insurance companies have people go all over the country to negotiate figures so that the families do not get the full sum of insurance payment, which can be up to six figures easily.

You'd be surprised (unless law is your thing) at how much money patients make after mistreatment if they happen to sue. And if you are the lawyer leading the charge, you are getting some fat percentages.

He also specializes in class-action suits which can generate eight or nine figure settlements. His website claims that the firm has been counsel to $20B worth of them:

Entrepreneur, businessman, and attorney, John H. Ruiz, is the founder of the MSP Recovery Law Firm and MSP Recovery, the country’s fastest growing data analytics company and the nation’s leader in healthcare recoveries. Mr. Ruiz innovated and designed the business and IT platforms at MSP Recovery, which the nation’s largest healthcare organizations rely upon to maximize their recovery potential.

John H. Ruiz is also the owner of the legendary boat manufacturer, Cigarette Racing Team, bringing technology and innovation to not just the iconic brand, but to the entire boating industry.

He is recognized as one of America’s pre-eminent trial lawyers. Among his countless awards, he was named one of Lawyers of Distinction’s “2020 Power Lawyers”, for his accomplishments in healthcare law. He was named “2019’s DBR Florida Trailblazer”, for his groundbreaking work in integrating data analytics into the practice of law, and for the positive impact it’s having on healthcare recoveries across the mainland U.S. and Puerto Rico. Over the course of his distinguished 30 year legal career, Mr. Ruiz has also gained national recognition in class action, mass tort litigation, MDL consolidated cases, medical malpractice, products liability, personal injury, real estate, and aviation disaster cases.

Recently, Mr. Ruiz led the legal strategy in the landmark win handed down by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, in “MSP Recovery Claims versus Ace American Insurance Co”. In addition, he has certified more than 100 class actions and participated in three federal appellate court decisions: (1) Humana v. Western Heritage, 832 F.3d 1229 (11th Cir. 2016); (2) MSP Recovery v. Allstate, 835 F.3d 1351 (11th Cir. 2016); and (3) MSPA Claims 1, LLC v. Kingsway Amigo Ins. Co., No. 18-14980, 2020 WL 728625 (11th Cir. Feb. 13, 2020).

He has been involved as counsel in cases that have totaled more than $20 billion in settlements. These class actions resulted in some of the largest awards in Florida against major insurance companies such as Allstate, Progressive, State Farm, and Geico. The Geico case alone resulted in the settlement of over 80 million dollars of reduced claims. In total, Mr. Ruiz has single-handedly certified class actions against all major car insurers in the state of Florida, resulting in the current and potential redistribution of billions of dollars in improperly paid claims spanning a period of more than 10 years.

His successful career is distinguished by an unprecedented number of favorable results against companies like American Home Products (Fen Phen), Bayer Corporation (Baycol), Merck Pharmaceuticals (Vioxx), Shell, Toyota, Conagra Foods- Peter Pan Peanut Butter, and Chalk’s International Airlines.

Starting as early as 1996, Mr. Ruiz filed class-action lawsuits on behalf of more than 30,000 Miami-Dade County residents against the Florida Department of Agriculture for trespassing onto the private properties of homeowners and chopping down their citrus trees without any compensation. The case was ultimately certified and the Department of Agriculture directly compensated all members of the aggrieved class.

In 2001, he represented frustrated consumers in a class action lawsuit against Firestone for the poorly designed and manufactured tires that resulted in 63 fatalities and thousands of serious blowouts. Mr. Ruiz was also hired as local counsel by numerous out of state law firms that had pending cases in Florida courts. The cases in aggregate settled for more than 30 million dollars.

Four years later, he represented the families of crash victims in a wrongful death suit against Chalk’s International Ocean Airway. Mr. Ruiz was the first lawyer to file a limited fund class action. The case settled within 60 days of the lawsuit for a confidential agreed amount. The Miami Herald and other media outlets reported that the case settled for 51 million dollars. The survivors of those who passed away in the accident collected within 364 days after the date of accident, which is unprecedented.

Mr. Ruiz has also handled more than 225 appeals, which include arguing before the Florida Supreme Court. He has also been involved in hundreds of arbitration cases that resulted in substantial monetary awards.

John H. Ruiz prides himself on hard work and perseverance, lessons taught to him by his mother and father, Nelida and Emeterio Ruiz, Cuban immigrants who came to this country with nothing but the hope of giving their kids a better life. And that, they did! Coming from those humble beginnings in Miami gave Mr. Ruiz the motivation to beat the odds and make his parents proud. He went on to be the first in his family to attend college and law school, built a hugely successful legal practice, and blazed a new trail in data analytics and healthcare.

That drive continues today as he paves a new road, setting the same kind of example for his three children, that his parents set for him. He dedicates himself daily to beating a different set of odds, going up against the largest primary payers and auto insurers in the country, to secure financial reimbursements for healthcare providers and millions of their patients.

Bars and Courts

Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.

US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.

US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.

Florida Supreme Court Florida State Bar.

Education

JD, Nova Southeastern University – Shepard Broad Law Center.

BA, University of Miami.

Advertisement
Did Avantae Williams get a deal?

Like the community building and business etiquette Ruiz is associating with the NIL deal and hope Avantae gets help providing for his family.

which is why Ruiz is not handing out $1 mil dollar deals. I actually listen to him in his spaces. He thinks these extravagant NIL deals paying anyone on the team $50k regardless of talent/ contribution or paying a million to a player etc will run into legal issues with NCAA in the next couple years.

He emphasized that at UM
they would take a more targeted approach and would have plenty of lawyers including those on the UM side looking at every aspect of the deals.

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of dumb posts about Ruiz, the law an the NCAA suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something wonderful has happened.

Do you know what laundering is?
DUH!

miniGif_20220117093737.gif

Agreed, throw it all in an IRA but a grand a month (Spending change) and leave it alone.

Advertisement
Back