Huge NIL News

Advertisement
tNaQg4kIR8dOw.gif

For those saying TVD needs more, this is his third NIL deal. He got paid from Cover Two Sports Cafe in Conn, and he’s got a deal with Topps and Campus sports apparel.

Advertisement
Thats alot of money Ruiz shelling out. Lets not forget these players can enter into other deals with other people.

Advertisement
yes do you?

Money laundering is the process of changing large amounts of money obtained from crimes, such as drug trafficking, into origination from a legitimate source. It is a crime in many jurisdictions with varying definitions. It is a key operation of organized crime and the underground economy.
I mean it’s my job to investigate it so yeah. I hope it’s on the up and up but when one single source starts moving large amounts of money into an LLC and then distributing it in amounts that don’t really line up with market value on a lot of these players that screams sketchy. Combine that with this huge influx of money the source is supposed to get but hasn’t, and the fact he’s advertising it… again I hope it’s legit but it’s not a great look.

I mean it’s my job to investigate it so yeah. I hope it’s on the up and up but when one single source starts moving large amounts of money into an LLC and then distributing it in amounts that don’t really line up with market value on a lot of these players that screams sketchy. Combine that with this huge influx of money the source is supposed to get but hasn’t, and the fact he’s advertising it… again I hope it’s legit but it’s not a great look.
The guy has money to burn. I don't see anyone concerned with what Texas other schools are doing and some of these NIl deals are $1 mill +.

I doubt Drew Rosenhaus would be involved if this was a money laundering operation.

Sure but you just hit on the issue… this guy. Those Texas and A&M deals are dozens if not hundreds of boosters, there’s little to no chance of tracking the funds, **** they could be depositing in smaller amounts so it will never even be looked into I.e. a go fund me for NIL. Our situation is one guy/family, I hope everything’s on the up but just because it’s a positive for us doesn’t mean it’s clean, that’s all I’m saying.

Advertisement
I was all for the NIL deal at first, but quickly, I am becoming concerned that it will hurt college football.
1. Player will start going to schools with biggest boosters and highest paying NIL deals. (Ala., UGA, TEX., TAM, OSU, etc.)
2. This will cause the Halves and the have nots. Worse than it has been.
3. Kids will be less motivated to work hard.

I do believe that college kids needed paid something, but I was thinking 100K max. type deals not 1mil type deals. I wish there were some guiderail put on the NIL to cap it for the first few years to see how it went, but no. Now it will become out of control and a mess such as all things NCAA lately.
Just my 2 cents.

Sure but you just hit on the issue… this guy. Those Texas and A&M deals are dozens if not hundreds of boosters, there’s little to no chance of tracking the funds, **** they could be depositing in smaller amounts so it will never even be looked into I.e. a go fund me for NIL. Our situation is one guy/family, I hope everything’s on the up but just because it’s a positive for us doesn’t mean it’s clean, that’s all I’m saying.
It is not just one family. Other players will be getting involved. Ruiz is just legit vocal about it. Why? because he wants to build a stadium. He is garnering fan support showing that he is doing something. He is also a **** good attorney. Many times in his spaces before the deals were announced he talked about doing it right when it came to NILs so that they would be ironclad and inside the rules .

It is not just one family. Other players will be getting involved. Ruiz is just legit vocal about it. Why? because he wants to build a stadium. He is garnering fan support showing that he is doing something. He is also a **** good attorney. Many times in his spaces before the deals were announced he talked about doing it right when it came to NILs so that they would be ironclad and inside the rules .
I’m not sure you’re getting this, I’m not concerned with the NiL deals, it’s the source of funding that’s the problem. The point of laundering is to send out clean money. Anyways let’s move on, I love this team, I hope it’s all good and we can play with the big boys again.

Advertisement
I was all for the NIL deal at first, but quickly, I am becoming concerned that it will hurt college football.
1. Player will start going to schools with biggest boosters and highest paying NIL deals. (Ala., UGA, TEX., TAM, OSU, etc.)Players have been signing with the highest bidder for decades.
2. This will cause the Halves and the have nots. Worse than it has been. College football has been this way since it’s inception. There’s always been small handful of schools who actually compete for championships while the other 95% are just trying to be competitive.
3. Kids will be less motivated to work hard. The opportunity to earn money is the #1 motivator for people to work hard. Pay me more, I’ll work harder. Pay me less, I’ll work less.

I do believe that college kids needed paid something, but I was thinking 100K max. type deals not 1mil type deals. I wish there were some guiderail put on the NIL to cap it for the first few years to see how it went, but no. Now it will become out of control and a mess such as all things NCAA lately.
Just my 2 cents.

Not sure why it was deleted.

View attachment 172802
Probably deleted because he never should have posted anything until the school had signed off.

I’m glad the NIL thing is happening and that our state government is smart and forward thinking enough to stay at the forefront of it as things develop… but with anything new, there are always perils and unintended consequences. So glad right now that we have Rad and other smart leaders to help us navigate instead of the (ahem) alternative.

Last edited:
I’m not sure you’re getting this, I’m not concerned with the NiL deals, it’s the source of funding that’s the problem. The point of laundering is to send out clean money. Anyways let’s move on, I love this team, I hope it’s all good and we can play with the big boys again.
Where is your proof that Ruiz is laundering money? You make these claims "laundering 101" and assume that it is money laundering without one iota if evidence?

These deals have to be approved by UM as well. So you are to tell me that Dan Radakovich is basically an idiot who is not having his own people look at every aspect of these deals?

Yeah I won't speculate on the " source" of the funding like if John Ruiz was actually Al Capone here, until someone provides any evidence proging this dude is dirty. To ignore the fact that people like Rosenhaus are getting involved and that Dan Rad is approving these deals has alliviated any concerns I have.

NIL is legal either with 20 donors or 1. And btw this WONT be the only big name donor that will join the show. Get used to big money.

Advertisement
Back