HRS Replay System Yesterday

They've ALWAYS been super bad about replays there- except for the time when a big game was on the line and they immediately showed an effing replay of our guy's knee down before the goal line with a freaking giant red telestrator circle drawn around it.

One thing I did absolutely notice on Saturday that was new was that whoever was tasked with putting the down and yards to a first info on the scoreboards must've been partying HARD at a tailgate prior. That **** was ridiculously wrong all game.

Advertisement
They were awful. Didn't update the down and yardage properly either.

Canes gotta have their own team who does it bc that sh*t does not happen at Fins games.
Yep...**** was awful. Kept seeing 1st and 9 after a 1st down pickup, or 2nd and 5 when it was 3rd and 9, music sucks, replays sucked, or were non existing, our whole section was like da fuq is going on here? Elementary school operations for sure, and quite embarrassing.

Also...the Dooty Calls outhouses were far and few between, ****, I walked about 3 blocks of orange lot and only found 2 outhouses...people were ****ing next to vehicles because lines were so long.

If any of you season tickets holders get the email about "How was your GameDay experience, light these idiots up. I am going to. And it won't be nice.

I don’t need the scoreboard to know down and distance, I visually keep track of the markers, so I can’t comment about that because I only generally just look at game and play clock, but any controversial penalties or plays were definitively not shown, and it seems like that was by edict.

Not being Mr. Conspiracy Theory here, but I get the sense that may have been by request from either one of the leagues and/or officials. Maybe.

Again, just a wild *** guess here, but could the SEC and/or ACC have made a pre-game request? Sounds absurd, but just a thought.

The frequent 3 minute commercial breaks are paralyzing
It's great at home because you can run to the kitchen or bathroom but in-stadium it can feel like 30 minutes. The in-stadium experience can suck at times. The sun was killing me in the 2nd half. Lol

They only showed replays of the “good” Miami plays. Wouldn’t show replays of penalties or questionable calls.

Do better HRS. That’s unacceptable.

They will not show anything that may potentially rile up the heathens ( paying fücken customers mind you ) and may bring added scrutiny + stress on officials and stadium security.

Same deal with the terrible music selection & volume control.

All this stuff is akin to a freezing out jails. It’s a technique to sedate inmates.

These nice people in charge DO NOT care what kind of game day experience we want or need in exchange for our hard earned money. They know we are a captive audience at that point. More Bored + Less Engaged = More Concessions Sales
C975175A-1379-4FC5-9785-9EAACC19A63E.gif

Advertisement
For everyone in attendance there… Am I nuts or did they fail to show replays of critical plays the vast majority of time? I’ve attended 100’s of games at that stadium and I had never seen such a lack of replays shown on Jumbotron.

Did rules change where you can’t show them? If not they need to get their **** together because that was unacceptable.

**** of a win. Felt good to win a meaningful one again.
What’s worse: Not showing replays or playing Ricky Martin in the 4th quarter after a win the program hasn’t seen in 15 years. 😂

For everyone in attendance there… Am I nuts or did they fail to show replays of critical plays the vast majority of time? I’ve attended 100’s of games at that stadium and I had never seen such a lack of replays shown on Jumbotron.

Did rules change where you can’t show them? If not they need to get their **** together because that was unacceptable.

I complained all game long. You are completely accurate in your observations.

Advertisement
The frequent 3 minute commercial breaks are paralyzing
The new clock rules may have shortened the overall time of games but they certainly have dramatically increased what % of your game is stoppages (commercials) versus actual gameplay.

Sure, we were a national game so you expect those tv timeouts but they seemed like they were everrrrry couple of minute on Saturday.

I don’t need the scoreboard to know down and distance, I visually keep track of the markers, so I can’t comment about that because I only generally just look at game and play clock, but any controversial penalties or plays were definitively not shown, and it seems like that was by edict.

Not being Mr. Conspiracy Theory here, but I get the sense that may have been by request from either one of the leagues and/or officials. Maybe.

Again, just a wild *** guess here, but could the SEC and/or ACC have made a pre-game request? Sounds absurd, but just a thought.

I would point out that while I can also check the markers (seats along the sideline), the people in the end zones cannot see the markers as well as we can.

As for "requests from leagues/officials", that might be true. But if so, why in god's name do we have these enormous video screens in stadiums? For scanning QR codes in order to pick "Party In The USA" as the next song?

I had a conversation with someone about Hard Rock not showing replays. While it is POSSIBLE to make the argument about "oh, we don't want the fans to get mad at the refs", it is actually just as likely (if not more likely) to cause anger at the refs when you CAN'T see a clear replay. ****, I'm in the TENTH ROW and some of those holds and pass interference calls looked a lot different when I got to see the replay (at home) compared to what I saw on the field.

While I do believe that the refs made some mistakes (the "personal foul" on our defense after the play was belatedly blown dead for offensive illegal motion?), and they missed some holds (on both teams), I do believe the game was reasonably well-officiated. The "targeting" system worked as intended, with video review. The game was very hard-played and very physical, and the refs let the players play, for the most part. I'd like to know the penalties that WERE called that people think "were not penalties", such as holds, false starts, etc. We got pretty lucky on that 13-men-on-the-field play, taking a timeout.

The new clock rules may have shortened the overall time of games but they certainly have dramatically increased what % of your game is stoppages (commercials) versus actual gameplay.

Sure, we were a national game so you expect those tv timeouts but they seemed like they were everrrrry couple of minute on Saturday.

I also had a discussion with someone about this.

People need to wake up. The games are EXACTLY as long as they ever were. The "running clock" has been offset by more commercials.

Welcome to the new reality.

100% didnt show any reviewed plays. Instead we get some stupid ****, just looking at fans instead of seeing if the pay was good or not.

Advertisement

I hit them on the after game survey for season ticket holders. Asked to be called, too.

Everybody around us were ****ed.

I suggest everybody call and complain.

That's definitely within the realm of possibility and may have been the case, buuuuuut I'm going to go with sheer incompetence.

It's what the city of Miami and South Florida generally is known for. Paying someone to do a job only for you to be baffled by how badly it was done.

Advertisement
They were awful. Didn't update the down and yardage properly either.

Canes gotta have their own team who does it bc that sh*t does not happen at Fins games.

i believe UM controls the gameday ops because i remember they used to have different announcers and DJs for fins games (the teams normally contract with DJs for their own events).

it was pretty bad though. no replays were frustrating. im specifically moving to club next year to be able to have tvs and a better view than from the 100s

That's definitely within the realm of possibility and may have been the case, buuuuuut I'm going to go with sheer incompetence.

It's what the city of Miami and South Florida generally is known for. Paying someone to do a job only for you to be baffled by how badly it was done.
i dont think its some edict. just poor gameday ops. replays havent been a huge issue in seasons past from what i remember.

While we're all venting here with the obvious caveat that we'd all still gladly deal with all this Bush league nonsense if the team gives us quality type on-field performances like it did on Saturday, may I also add some rage on behalf of my Green Lot brethren?

Exiting the motherf*cking Green Lot and attempting to access the motherf*cking Turnpike on-ramps. I thought this problem was solved a few years ago by just driving around the perimeter of the parking lots until you reached that side of the stadium directly adjacent to the Turnpike ramps. Well guess what? The cops have blocked that route with two cruisers and I'm never in any type of condition post-game to have a polite discussion with our brothers in blue about WTF their rationale is.

So what are people forced to do? Exit eastbound on 199th and try to turn left on the street that hits the Turnpike ramp. What do you see when you do that? About a bazillion cones attempting to block any access. The Miami game I followed a convoy that just said "F this" and went through all the cones in the rain. The TAMU game I didn't chance it because of course more of our brothers in blue were posted there to save society.

So instead of getting home to Lauderdale in like 25 mins tops, it ends up taking me at least double that as you're forced to take 199th all the way to 95 north.

F*ck your cones and excuse me but f*ck the massive police presence postgame too that don't actually do ****. I could more than manage the entire exiting of the stadium (except for FSU or UF games) with about 15 cops- half of them just directing traffic.

<end rant>

While we're all venting here with the obvious caveat that we'd all still gladly deal with all this Bush league nonsense if the team gives us quality type on-field performances like it did on Saturday, may I also add some rage on behalf of my Green Lot brethren?

Exiting the motherf*cking Green Lot and attempting to access the motherf*cking Turnpike on-ramps. I thought this problem was solved a few years ago by just driving around the perimeter of the parking lots until you reached that side of the stadium directly adjacent to the Turnpike ramps. Well guess what? The cops have blocked that route with two cruisers and I'm never in any type of condition post-game to have a polite discussion with our brothers in blue about WTF their rationale is.

So what are people forced to do? Exit eastbound on 199th and try to turn left on the street that hits the Turnpike ramp. What do you see when you do that? About a bazillion cones attempting to block any access. The Miami game I followed a convoy that just said "F this" and went through all the cones in the rain. The TAMU game I didn't chance it because of course more of our brothers in blue were posted there to save society.

So instead of getting home to Lauderdale in like 25 mins tops, it ends up taking me at least double that as you're forced to take 199th all the way to 95 north.

F*ck your cones and excuse me but f*ck the massive police presence postgame too that don't actually do ****. I could more than manage the entire exiting of the stadium (except for FSU or UF games) with about 15 cops- half of them just directing traffic.

<end rant>
If you go out the "side" entrance/exit to the Green Lot (Gate 2a), they'll let you turn left onto the turnpike access road to go either north or south. The gate is aligned with row 302, I believe. I take the Turnpike south, but that worked for me the last two weeks. At least, it works until you get to the cluster that is the Golden Glades Interchange, trying to get onto 95-S.

1694548834549.png

Advertisement
Back