HRS Replay System Yesterday

If you go out the "side" entrance/exit to the Green Lot (Gate 2a), they'll let you turn left onto the turnpike access road to go either north or south. The gate is aligned with row 302, I believe. I take the Turnpike south, but that worked for me the last two weeks. At least, it works until you get to the cluster that is the Golden Glades Interchange, trying to get onto 95-S.

View attachment 256390
Ahhh, gotcha. My problem is that we tailgate in that far left patch of the Green Lot and the cops have decided to block access to continue east through the Green Lot via the interior street just inside the gates. I may just have to drive over the sidewalk and continue east through the grass in the lot until I get past the cops. Thanks, disirregardless!

Advertisement
While we're all venting here with the obvious caveat that we'd all still gladly deal with all this Bush league nonsense if the team gives us quality type on-field performances like it did on Saturday, may I also add some rage on behalf of my Green Lot brethren?

Exiting the motherf*cking Green Lot and attempting to access the motherf*cking Turnpike on-ramps. I thought this problem was solved a few years ago by just driving around the perimeter of the parking lots until you reached that side of the stadium directly adjacent to the Turnpike ramps. Well guess what? The cops have blocked that route with two cruisers and I'm never in any type of condition post-game to have a polite discussion with our brothers in blue about WTF their rationale is.

So what are people forced to do? Exit eastbound on 199th and try to turn left on the street that hits the Turnpike ramp. What do you see when you do that? About a bazillion cones attempting to block any access. The Miami game I followed a convoy that just said "F this" and went through all the cones in the rain. The TAMU game I didn't chance it because of course more of our brothers in blue were posted there to save society.

So instead of getting home to Lauderdale in like 25 mins tops, it ends up taking me at least double that as you're forced to take 199th all the way to 95 north.

F*ck your cones and excuse me but f*ck the massive police presence postgame too that don't actually do ****. I could more than manage the entire exiting of the stadium (except for FSU or UF games) with about 15 cops- half of them just directing traffic.

<end rant>
The Northern of the two orange lots was the same ****. Access to turnpike north (1A on the map) blocked so have to go Turnpike south to Golden Glades and take 95N. Doubles time to get home.

They only showed replays of the “good” Miami plays. Wouldn’t show replays of penalties or questionable calls.

Do better HRS. That’s unacceptable.

They were not even showing that, The first replay I recall was one that was a questionable play for A&M. I was like so they show them something they may want to replay but nothing else?

It was bad.

If you go out the "side" entrance/exit to the Green Lot (Gate 2a), they'll let you turn left onto the turnpike access road to go either north or south. The gate is aligned with row 302, I believe. I take the Turnpike south, but that worked for me the last two weeks. At least, it works until you get to the cluster that is the Golden Glades Interchange, trying to get onto 95-S.

View attachment 256390

The problem is the road between Orange/Green and Yellow.

I'm in the Green Lot.

I left the game LATE (stayed for the Alma Mater). I tried to drive east to the access road between the lots. Problem is, there were a ton of cement barricades, so there was limited access out.

Keep in mind, there are signs in the Green lot telling you to head for Gate 2. Only problem is, I couldn't GET to Gate 2.

However, I made it to Gate 2A. Now, I'm not sure if it was like this earlier, but by the time that I finally left, I actually COULD turn north on the access road to get to the Turnpike.

I will also say that there were a ton of barricades even along the access road. In my personal opinion, that road should be a massive firehose, shooting cars North along the road onto the northbound and southbound turnpike exclusively.

---I believe Green has a way out onto 199th post-game (Gates 3 & 4).
---You could probably build something similar for the Yellow lot that is on the north side of 199th.
---The only problem might be how Orange/Black/Maroon gets out to 199th. Seems like they could just take the internal road south through Green (Gates 3 & 4).

Not completely sure if this is how it works, but this is how it SHOULD work:

1694555218314.png

Ahhh, gotcha. My problem is that we tailgate in that far left patch of the Green Lot and the cops have decided to block access to continue east through the Green Lot via the interior street just inside the gates. I may just have to drive over the sidewalk and continue east through the grass in the lot until I get past the cops. Thanks, disirregardless!

Ahhh, yeah, my brilliant idea doesn't work so great for the westernmost side of Green. Unless you leave early or wait for traffic to lighten up late.

Advertisement
Say it with me, everyone.

Worst Stadium Experience in College Football.

They refuse to show any kind of controversial replays. Every single commercial break is filled with non-football crap. Its like UM does everything in their power to prevent stadium goers from focusing on the football game at-hand.

i believe UM controls the gameday ops because i remember they used to have different announcers and DJs for fins games (the teams normally contract with DJs for their own events).

it was pretty bad though. no replays were frustrating. im specifically moving to club next year to be able to have tvs and a better view than from the 100s

i dont think its some edict. just poor gameday ops. replays havent been a huge issue in seasons past from what i remember.

Maybe it’s just because I’m sick of the SEC, by the way, as I was leaving the stadium a bunch of us were shouting “SEC SEC SEC” - but it just feels like maybe some authority were behind this?

Sure, we could have had a clueless replay operator, but we got replays of the big plays, but none of the controversial ones. Probably is a bad operator, but I just can’t get that out of my mind that it was some pre-game stipulation/SEC BS.

Say it with me, everyone.

Worst Stadium Experience in College Football.

They refuse to show any kind of controversial replays. Every single commercial break is filled with non-football crap. like UM does everything in their power to prevent stadium goers from focusing on the football game at-hand.

I guess I’m just lucky. The in-between-plays entertainment, or whatever it is, just goes in one ear and out the other for me. I just basically ignore it. It really wouldn’t matter what they were putting up there, I’m just focused on the game.

The replay thing, who knows why they do that, yes, it bothered me that they weren’t replaying the controversial penalties and/or plays, but I’m waiting to find out why.

Other than that, I have no problems getting in or out of the stadium, and everything else I’m OK with. I mean the food is overpriced, even on the club level it’s not that great. And yes, the drinks are also overpriced, again not an issue for me - it’s about what you would expect for that type of venue in South Florida.

Other than our fans that don’t show up, I’m good. If they can fix the replay situation, and ingress and egress for some of the other gates, although I don’t have any problem where I go in, that would probably make it a lot better.

But worst stadium experience in college football? Nah.

I remember ****ing in corners at the orange bowl, and no blocky, among many other things. I’ve been to the swamp as well as other college stadiums. I really don’t like sitting on frozen aluminum seats or blazing hot aluminum benches. Again, worst stadium experience in college football. Not really.

Advertisement
Back