How tf is Baylor good again so quickly?

matt rhule was 1-11 his first year. Miami fan base would have sniped his *** after 0-3. Y’all are some hypocritical ********.

CIS: Manny is 4-4 his first year....fire this mother ******.

CIS: Matt Rhule is a coaching god although he went 1-11 his first year.
Conclusion: we are stupid *****.
Diaz did not walk into a complete rebuild contrary to the narrative he'd like dumb fans to believe. Diaz was part of the culture that he'd have you believe needs overhauling. He recruited half the roster in his time here. He had intimate knowledge of the programs shortcomings.

Rhule walked into a 100% cluster**** of a rebuild. Totally different situations that you can't compare. It's not even apples to oranges, it's more like an apple to a steak dinner.

Advertisement
lmfao dumbest post of the day...

Zero chance he goes 1-11 with the talent here... Richt messed around and won our first bowl game since 2006

he would have done about the same....

with this CURRENT ol? he wouldnt go 1-11, but he wouldnt be 10 game winner either in year 1. wed fire him for not going 11-1. i think you missed the point about the 1-11. the point was about patience and moreso, us not knowing **** bout which up and comer is a legit good coach or awful one. i dont think diaz is great by any means and needs to overhaul the staff, but i wouldnt trust this board to make those decisions (nor would i blake and the BOT).

Fun fact. Baylor recruited a Miami WR (Tyquan Thornton) in 2018 and he is more productive than any of the 4 we got, 2 of which already bounced. Evaluation matters

We wanted him bad. If I recall, he was committed to Baylor, came to Paradise, we offered him on the spot, he decommited from Baylor, Commited to UF, decommited, then recommitted to Baylor. Wasn't an evaluation issue more so than him just wanting to bounce. Also, I agree that if any coach at UM went 1-11 there would be stupid amounts of backlash regardless what sanctions there were.

Advertisement
Because they play in the freaking Big 12.

It's hilarious how they have 75 guys from Texas and one guy from Miami, but the guy from Miami is the reason they are 7-0.
Who said he's the reason they are 7-0? lol
You have a hard on with this Miami recruit sh*t, settle down.
Just found interesting that 2 guys of our class already bounced, the other 2 barely can make an impact and they got one that is producing from our back yard. You can miss me with the Big 12 talk we play in the coastal.

Yeah, all we needed was Tyquan Thornton mixed in with the rest of the soft, lazy SFLA kids. That would fix everything.

Advertisement
I haven’t paid attention to their coaching staff but just looked at their schedule and they have some decent wins. And if they win out which is unlikely but **** they would have a playoff spot. They would beat our ***. Smh WTF Miami. No excuses for this **** year in and year out when a private school like Baylor and NO history of being a good football team should be able to make a comeback and not us. Especially after their sanctions.

It is clear that you do not want an answer to this question. You simply want another opportunity to get upset. Sigh. Why would you do this to yourself? Is this seriously what your life has come to? Posting rhetorical questions on anonymous internet message boards so that you can stew about the performance of your favorite football team?

But anyways, I'll pretend your question was asked in good faith (it obviously wasn't) and offer some perspectives based on 5 minutes of internet research.

-They're a good team (17th in SP+) but not great
-They've had some good fortune, going 3-0 in close games...
-...which includes an 8 point win vs Rice. Rice is 0-8. By comparison, Central Michigan is 5-4.
-They have been much more successful than we have this decade. They have 4 10-win seasons and 4 bowl wins. We have 1 of each.
-They have a good coaching staff with years of experience, and they are in their 3rd year at Baylor. They were terrible their first year but were given the opportunity to improve.

matt rhule was 1-11 his first year. Miami fan base would have sniped his *** after 0-3. Y’all are some hypocritical ********.

CIS: Manny is 4-4 his first year....fire this mother ******.

CIS: Matt Rhule is a coaching god although he went 1-11 his first year.
Conclusion: we are stupid *****.
Exactly, all sorts of mental gymnastics around here.

Advertisement
Stop hiring guys with miami ties......we hire like we are afraid to uoset sfla HS. Well guess what? There kids leave anyway and are upset at UM.....bring someone with balls that doesnt talk a big game. That works relentlessly with effort and genius game plans where kids will have no choice but to choose UM. We need a modern day savage that can beat bags or adopt a bag game. Until then we will suck.....and the next hire will always sound good so dont nut hug the next HC let him earn it before CIS worships him.

Advertisement
This dude is no Golden, but his resume is almost identical. The superstitous crowd would freak if we grabbed him.

Penn State Alum.
Paterno player.
Ex-Temple HC.

1572304007794.png

News flash; Baylor was never bad to begin with; a 32-7 up until a year before he took over.

11-2 in 2013
11-2 in 2014
10-3 in 2015

Fell to 7-6 in 2016 due to Briles getting punted and Grobe taking over in an interim basis.

Rhule went 1-11 in 2017—first-year head coach trying to get things figured out—and then 7-6 in year two.

6-0 against the likes of Stephen F. Austin, UTSA, Rice, Iowa State, Kansas State, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State. Weak sauce. West Virginia, TCU, Oklahoma and Texas all remain. Let's see how good things are looking in a few weeks.

Diaz took over a program that was 97-71 dating back to the 2005 Peach Bowl through the 2019 Pinstripe bowl; having lost nine of the previous 16 dating back to Pitt 2017.

Meanwhile Baylor had three double-digit win seasons a few years before Rhule took over and you're asking how they got good so fast—while everyone expected Diaz to turn a Miami program that's struggled for 15 years back into a contender year one. Got it.

Rhule tanked his first year in Waco, barely got things back to .500 year two and is a paper champ 6-0 out the gate against a weak early schedule this year.

Would've loved to see all this genius talk back in 2017 when he couldn't beat his meat, let alone a Big 12 foe.

From 1-11 in 2017 with a path to a playoff spot in just 2 seasons. God **** that makes me sick. Who would’ve thought that lol

Rhule went 1-11 in 2017 with a team that was 7-6 the year before (Grobe as interim that year) and 32-7 the three years before that under Briles.

11-2 in 2013
11-2 in 2014
10-3 in 2015

Let's not act like this was some SMU death penalty turnaround. Rhule had no business going 1-11 that year with the talent he had, but was a first-year guy figuring it out.

6-0 against four cupcakes, and OT win over Texas Tech and beat an always underachieving Oklahoma State team.

Let's see what homeboy does against Oklahoma, TCU, Texas and West Virginia. Looking more like a 9-3 season in Waco more than any "path the playoffs" bullsh1t.

Advertisement
Back