How Should We Finish?

It appears as though many on here don't seem to realize what a need position CB is for the 2015 class. I know what a excellent group we have currently but we only took 1(Mayes) last class. I think it's crucial to sign 3 quality CB's this year. Ideally you want to give them a little time before they are pressed into action unless they are too good to not to see the field immediately.

We have a potentially dominant corps of CB's and I'd like to maintain that. Give me Cole, D.Davis and flip Carlton Davis. If we don't flip Carlton, give me Fenton.

+1

Advertisement
What I want:
Qb: Lawson. If Gibson wants in we obviously take him too.
Hb- stays same but Walton ends up staying 2016.
Wr- I only want Chatman and Peete; unless Ridley, Cain, or Gibson want in, which doesn't seem likely. Only want -3 this class because next year has better guys and we might get 5 of them.
Te- Archibald and hopefully Jason Lewis picks us. Clarington seems like a waste of time to me, he'll never make it in. We only need 1-2 guys.
OL- Merrill, Bar Milo, St. Louis, and Mahoney. I also take Brown just because of the pipeline. All the others can get pushed out IMO.
Dline- Not sold on Gordinier, but hope we add Strowbridge. Rasheed Green would probably be the biggest pull of the class. Maybe get a junco DT/DE.
Lb- Hopefully we can get Coney, but I don't see that happening. We need 1-2 more guys here.
DB- We got Jaquan. All that's left is Irvin, Cole, and Davante. Hopefully Carlton will flip also. If SBB comes we take him also, but unlikely.
So in my opinion this class will be 25-27.

What I want:
Wr- I only want Chatman and Peete; unless Ridley, Cain, or Gibson want in, which doesn't seem likely. Only want -3 this class because next year has better guys and we might get 5 of them.
Te- Archibald and hopefully Jason Lewis picks us. Clarington seems like a waste of time to me, he'll never make it in. We only need 1-2 guys.
OL- Merrill, Bar Milo, St. Louis, and Mahoney. I also take Brown just because of the pipeline. All the others can get pushed out IMO.
Dline- Not sold on Gordinier, but hope we add Strowbridge. Rasheed Green would probably be the biggest pull of the class. Maybe get a junco DT/DE.
Lb- Hopefully we can get Coney, but I don't see that happening. We need 1-2 more guys here.
DB- We got Jaquan. All that's left is Irvin, Cole, and Davante. Hopefully Carlton will flip also. If SBB comes we take him also, but unlikely.

did we ever find out about Walton? wasn’t he supposed to find out last monday on whether or not he could reclassify or not?

What I want:

did we ever find out about Walton? wasn’t he supposed to find out last monday on whether or not he could reclassify or not?

Still waiting.

SBB but no Ridley?
Man that would suck, I am on the boat that SBB is pretty "meh". Not a good safety or WR just a decent athlete.

creepy-eyes-stare-my-body-is-ready-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-2146.gif

Advertisement
What I want:

Still waiting.

it's kinda like the Griffin situation, no news means bad news for the player but it can easily be good news for the team

not up for argument is the fact that we only have room for 25 to enroll in this class.

so keep that in mind when discussing who we want to add to this class. more than 2, and you'll have to remove a current commit.

not up for argument is the fact that we only have room for 25 to enroll in this class.

so keep that in mind when discussing who we want to add to this class. more than 2, and you'll have to remove a current commit.
You don't know ****

Advertisement

Help me out . .. But I was thinking NCAA sanctions is gonna cut 9 scholarships over a 3 year pd... not scholarship the team has available but how many new scholarships they can offer..Again help me out... but if they take 25 in 2015...then 2016 and 2017 would have to be 21 and 20 respectively. ..for an example

Help me out . .. But I was thinking NCAA sanctions is gonna cut 9 scholarships over a 3 year pd... not scholarship the team has available but how many new scholarships they can offer..Again help me out... but if they take 25 in 2015...then 2016 and 2017 would have to be 21 and 20 respectively. ..for an example

The NCAA's 9 over 3 ruling impacts the number of scholarship players Miami can have on the roster, not the number of commits they can bring in per class. If the scholarship losses are distributed evenly over each of the next three seasons, Miami could carry 82 instead of the normal 85 scholarship players per year.

But the scholarship matrix at stateoftheu.com indicates that we have 79 scholarship players on the roster right now, which means (if those numbers are accurate) we're taking 6 of the 9 scholarship reductions this season.

http://www.stateoftheu.com/2014/1/26/5341686/miami-hurricanes-football-scholarship-matrix

That means we'd only have to cut 3 scholies over the next 2 recruiting cycles (2016-2017). They should be full classes as well.

Advertisement

The NCAA's 9 over 3 ruling impacts the number of scholarship players Miami can have on the roster, not the number of commits they can bring in per class. If the scholarship losses are distributed evenly over each of the next three seasons, Miami could carry 82 instead of the normal 85 scholarship players per year.

But the scholarship matrix at stateoftheu.com indicates that we have 79 scholarship players on the roster right now, which means (if those numbers are accurate) we're taking 6 of the 9 scholarship reductions this season.

http://www.stateoftheu.com/2014/1/26/5341686/miami-hurricanes-football-scholarship-matrix

That means we'd only have to cut 3 scholies over the next 2 recruiting cycles (2016-2017). They should be full classes as well.

Raphael Akpejiori, is he really on scholarship?

Gosier should be dropped & Emonee Spence also.

You sir are retarded.

Grossier is going to be a nightmare! Spence played very well last year. Btw recruits and parents read the board.

So let me get this straight, the 2 WR's that are committed have NO (committable) offers from top level major conference teams, but Miami should keep them instead of Calvin Ridley and Devante Peete?

Now, That sounds retarded.......

Gosier should be dropped & Emonee Spence also.

You sir are retarded.

Grossier is going to be a nightmare! Spence played very well last year. Btw recruits and parents read the board.

So let me get this straight, the 2 WR's that are committed have NO (committable) offers from top level major conference teams, but Miami should keep them instead of Calvin Ridley and Devante Peete?

Now, That sounds retarded.......

that isn't the case right now is it. Miami isn't taking Spence and Grossier over Peete and Ridley. we aren't sitting there saying to Ridley and Peete oh sorry guys we know you're elite but we've got our WR commits for this class you'll have to go elsewhere. I think Peete commits here and IF Ridley wants in then Golden will make it work.

Advertisement
I think Cronk is good either way but I also feel his best position might be safety.

Thats my thing that I went in depth earlier in this thread.

Cronk can be a good running back but I see a great physical safety. Safety is his most upside.

there's also the chance a current player doesn't like where they are on the depth chart and leave in the next 2 weeks and that would open up another ship.

there's also the chance a current player doesn't like where they are on the depth chart and leave in the next 2 weeks and that would open up another ship.
King.... Jones....

I would love to finish with Milo, tyrek cole, Tim Irvin, merrick, strowbridge, clarington, Peete. Don't think we land Sbb or Ridley but wtf do I know. Biggest steal I want is jaason Lewis. Kid is a baller.

Advertisement
Back