How Should We Finish?

2 DTs
1 LB
Cole, D.davis, and or C.Davis (we get 2)
Irvin
Clarington

We can always go over, numbers always work out

Advertisement
Who said drop Spence kid can play gimme 1 of Peete or Callaway

Thank you, Spence is very good, he's been landing legit offers and been blowing up. Some just throw **** against the wall and see if it sticks.

Irvin
Lewis
Peete
Cole
Milo
Coney
Merrick
SBB

Other kids I hope we make room for:

Shelton Johnson

Jason Strowbridge

Took Clarington out and put the TE Lewis instead.

I'll add either Devante or Carlton Davis to that list as well.

SBB but no Ridley?
Man that would suck, I am on the boat that SBB is pretty "meh". Not a good safety or WR just a decent athlete.

You sir have lost all points for saying this

Gosier should be dropped & Emonee Spence also.

You sir are retarded.

Grossier is going to be a nightmare! Spence played very well last year. Btw recruits and parents read the board.

Grossier has monster upside idk why anybody rips this kid. Now I like Spence but out of all the wrs I think he's last on the list with me so id say yes to letting him go reluctantly

Advertisement
Sitting at 23 commits, and I think Golden said we are going after 26/27.....but yet we are on a ton of kids.

Let's assume Walton doesn't reclassify, Cronkrite bolts, and of one of the OL gets 'the treatment'. That puts us back to 20 and we are looking good for:

Irvin -
Clarington
Peete
Cole
Milo
Coney
Merrick
SBB
Wicker

we should also be getting 2 DTs (one of them JUCO imo). Did I miss anyone? I don't know how the numbers will work out honestly.

My thoughts on that list

Irvin - Cane
Clarington - Prep/JUCO
Peete - Cane
Cole - It's either him or one of either Devante or Carlton Davis's but there won't be room for all of them in the 2015 class
Milo - Cane (takes Christian's spot)
Coney - UF or OOS
Merrick - Cane (takes either leeward Brown's spot if he continues to talk about keeping options open or OL Tyler Gauthier from Venice. Those Venice Players the last few years have been very suspect in terms of being soft, aka RB Danny Dillard and DT Dante Phillips {Who went from being dropped by UF or grey shirting, to trying to come to UM, to eventually signing with Tenn, to then leave after a semester an end up at JUCO- ASA to be exact})
SBB - Bama $EC money is to much to turn down
Wicker - no more of those Cali linemen that the So Cal schools didn't want, I rather use the spot for DT Neville Gallimore from Canada

I would add NT Kendrick Norton to that list UM will land him by default, since UF is slow playing him because he doesn't fit their DT style where as he is an ideal fit as a 2 gap player, but yet still is athletic enough to provide good inside out pursuit when needed.

So that brings my list of class additions to a net total of 6 new Canes, plus I would keep RB Jordan Cronkrite.

My wild card I would like UM to make a run at is the Big kid from Denmark Hjalte Froholdt that plays at IMG, I just get that Bjoern Verner type player feeling from him, an I would love to pay back Arkansas for taking Alex Collins. To add him to the class I would be willing to do a roster management addition by subtraction at the NT spot with encouraging Cory King to graduate an move on after this spring.

Go Canes

Last edited:
On top of that ^ he has pull with other SFl kids. He isnt gonna be jumping to get others committed if hes already feeling forgotten.

Lol

Dont get whats funny about pushing away a four star recruit

I'll chime in here.

Mentioned this a while back. Ceiling wise the four horsemen are.

1a. Scarlett
1b. Williams
2. Walton
3. Cronk

Most polished as of now.

1. Scarlett
2. Cronk
3. Walton
4. Williams

My view on it.

Scarlett, Williams and Walton are all top 5 backs in their respective classes.

Cronk top 15 back. He is good but doesn't have the same ceiling those three have. He could prove me wrong and be a great runningback. But I see Cronk being a good runningback. Not great.

The others have the potential to be great, I feel Cronk has another position that he can be great at instead of just being good. I could end up being wrong but this is what I see.

Mind you, when I say ceiling, it does not mean I'm guaranteeing they will be like that. But what they can be if they develop correctly and barring injuries.

I see Scarlett having a young Marshawn Lynch/Pre-Injury McGahee ceiling(AKA prototype NFL RB with great speed).

I see Williams having a Jamaal Charles ceiling(AKA versatile RB who can impact the run, receiving and return game and is electrifying.)

I see Walton being a jack of all trades back, like Michel was, I view him as a Michel clone, He's not great at one thing but he's very good at everything which makes him great. (Complete back, can do it all. No weaknesses. Kind of like a Emmitt Smith of Matt Forte)

I just don't see it in Cronk that he could become great/elite as a runningback. Think he could be good as a runningback but I think he could be a great safety actually. If you watch him, he has IT for defense. Could play safety and returns.

Cronk should dedicate himself to defense cause I think he could play on Sundays if he did. He has a lot of upside on the defensive side of the ball. Especially as a safety. He can hit, has a knack for making a play on the ball and jarring it loose. And he has great size already.

Could see him as our future strong safety next to Jaquan at free safety some years from now with Cole and Davante at corner and Irvin playing the honey badger(nickel/safety) role that is becoming so popular.

I'm not even being optimistic, I think Cronk is trying to play the wrong position at the next level. I really think he could be a great safety. Has a way higher ceiling there.

Even if he played earlier than Williams and Walton cause he is more polished at the moment, I see them passing him up in the future anyways, cause they both have a higher ceiling as runningbacks. And make no mistake, Scarlett is going to play early no doubt.

I could end up being wrong , and Cronk ends up being a great runningback. But in Cronk I see a good runningback,not great. BUT a great safety in Jordan Cronkrite.

It's not a knock on him at all. Just the other guys do have higher ceilings than him as runningbacks. He could be a great safety instead of a good runningback.

Don't take what I'm saying wrong either. I want Cronk bad. But I want him on defense.

I hope he's open to playing on the defensive side. Cause he could do really well there and have a future.

Last edited:
Sitting at 23 commits, and I think Golden said we are going after 26/27.....but yet we are on a ton of kids.

Let's assume Walton doesn't reclassify, Cronkrite bolts, and of one of the OL gets 'the treatment'. That puts us back to 20 and we are looking good for:

Irvin -
Clarington
Peete
Cole
Milo
Coney
Merrick
SBB
Wicker

we should also be getting 2 DTs (one of them JUCO imo). Did I miss anyone? I don't know how the numbers will work out honestly.

My thoughts on that list

Irvin - Cane
Clarington - Prep/JUCO
Peete - Cane
Cole - It's either him or one of either Devante or Carlton Davis's but there won't be room for all of them in the 2015 class
Milo - Cane (takes Christian's spot)
Coney - UF or OOS
Merrick - Cane (takes either leeward Brown's spot if he continues to talk about keeping options open or OL Tyler Gauthier from Venice. Those Venice Players the last few years have been very suspect in terms of being soft, aka RB Danny Dillard and DT Dante Phillips {Who went from being dropped by UF or grey shirting, to trying to come to UM, to eventually signing with Tenn, to then leave after a semester an end up at JUCO- ASA to be exact})
SBB - Bama $EC money is to much to turn down
Wicker - no more of those Cali linemen that the So Cal schools didn't want, I rather use the spot for DT Neville Gallimore from Canada

I would add NT Kendrick Norton to that list UM will land him by default, since UF is slow playing him because he doesn't fit their DT style where as he is an ideal fit as a 2 gap player, but yet still is athletic enough to provide good inside out pursuit when needed.

So that brings my list of class additions to a net total of 6 new Canes, plus I would keep RB Jordan Cronkrite.

My wild card I would like UM to make a run at is the Big kid from Denmark Hjalte Froholdt that plays at IMG, I just get that Bjoern Verner type player feeling from him, an I would love to pay back Arkansas for taking Alex Collins. To add him to the class I would be willing to do a roster management addition by subtraction at the NT spot with encouraging Cory King to graduate an move on after this spring.

Go Canes

So you think we only take 1 CB?

CB is a huge need position in 15. If Howard would leave we would be left with:

Crawford
Burns
Elder
Mayes

And that is it. We need 2 minimum.

Advertisement
Gimme Cole and D. Davis at corner.

And if C. Davis doesn't flip to us, gimme Causey.

So. Cole, Davante and Causey. Think it's realistic and makes sense.

Wait so where in good shape with SBB? And he's meh? Breaking news in this thread

Irvin
Clarington
Peete
Cole
Milo
Coney
Merrick
SBB
Wicker

we should also not be getting any DTs. Did I miss anyone? I don't know how the numbers will work out honestly.

fIFY

Defensive Lineman
Defensive Lineman
Defensive Lineman
Linebacker
Linebacker
Corner
Corner
Corner
Safety (SBB or bust now that JJ has committed)
Hopefully Ridley
Hopefully Milo and/or Merrick

Drop a couple of our scrub OL commits and a WR

Last edited:
Advertisement
i dont understand why everybody is always so down on Cronk. Yes we may have two Rb's committed that may be more talented than him, but who are we to push away 4 star guys? Cronk is a freak athlete whose heart is in miami, but just isnt feeling the love like other commits

I don't think anybody is "down" on Cronk. He just seems shakiest of any of our RB commits at the moment. I love me some Cronk. Reminds me of Matt Forte. He's just smooth.

Defensive Lineman
Defensive Lineman
Defensive Lineman
Linebacker
Linebacker
Corner
Corner
Corner
Hopefully Ridley

+1

Advertisement
Say what you want about this staff on game day, but they can organize and flat out recruit. I think Al Golden and his staff are elite early evaluators. Many of the three star kids they jump on early blossom in their senior years (and then we lose them...). I think both Spence and Gossier will fall into that category, as well as a few of the o line.

Defensive Lineman
Defensive Lineman
Defensive Lineman
Linebacker
Linebacker
Corner
Corner
Corner
Hopefully Ridley

I believe we are recruiting Tim Irvin at S

On top of that ^ he has pull with other SFl kids. He isnt gonna be jumping to get others committed if hes already feeling forgotten.

Lol

Dont get whats funny about pushing away a four star recruit

I'll chime in here.

Mentioned this a while back. Ceiling wise the four horsemen are.

1a. Scarlett
1b. Williams
2. Walton
3. Cronk

Most polished as of now.

1. Scarlett
2. Cronk
3. Walton
4. Williams

My view on it.

Scarlett, Williams and Walton are all top 5 backs in their respective classes.

Cronk top 15 back. He is good but doesn't have the same ceiling those three have. He could prove me wrong and be a great runningback. But I see Cronk being a good runningback. Not great.

The others have the potential to be great, I feel Cronk has another position that he can be great at instead of just being good. I could end up being wrong but this is what I see.

Mind you, when I say ceiling, it does not mean I'm guaranteeing they will be like that. But what they can be if they develop correctly and barring injuries.

I see Scarlett having a young Marshawn Lynch/Pre-Injury McGahee ceiling(AKA prototype NFL RB with great speed).

I see Williams having a Jamaal Charles ceiling(AKA versatile RB who can impact the run, receiving and return game and is electrifying.)

I see Walton being a jack of all trades back, like Michel was, I view him as a Michel clone, He's not great at one thing but he's very good at everything which makes him great. (Complete back, can do it all. No weaknesses. Kind of like a Emmitt Smith of Matt Forte)

I just don't see it in Cronk that he could become great/elite as a runningback. Think he could be good as a runningback but I think he could be a great safety actually. If you watch him, he has IT for defense. Could play safety and returns.

Cronk should dedicate himself to defense cause I think he could play on Sundays if he did. He has a lot of upside on the defensive side of the ball. Especially as a safety. He can hit, has a knack for making a play on the ball and jarring it loose. And he has great size already.

Could see him as our future strong safety next to Jaquan at free safety some years from now with Cole and Davante at corner and Irvin playing the honey badger(nickel/safety) role that is becoming so popular.

I'm not even being optimistic, I think Cronk is trying to play the wrong position at the next level. I really think he could be a great safety. Has a way higher ceiling there.

Even if he played earlier than Williams and Walton cause he is more polished at the moment, I see them passing him up in the future anyways, cause they both have a higher ceiling as runningbacks. And make no mistake, Scarlett is going to play early no doubt.

I could end up being wrong , and Cronk ends up being a great runningback. But in Cronk I see a good runningback,not great. BUT a great safety in Jordan Cronkrite.

It's not a knock on him at all. Just the other guys do have higher ceilings than him as runningbacks. He could be a great safety instead of a good runningback.

Don't take what I'm saying wrong either. I want Cronk bad. But I want him on defense.

I hope he's open to playing on the defensive side. Cause he could do really well there and have a future.

Good post. I love Cronkrite as a prospect and think he could be a very good back. However, every time I watch the kid play I always think to myself that his "money" position is at safety.

Does anyone know if he would be open to the idea of playing D?

It appears as though many on here don't seem to realize what a need position CB is for the 2015 class. I know what a excellent group we have currently but we only took 1(Mayes) last class. I think it's crucial to sign 3 quality CB's this year. Ideally you want to give them a little time before they are pressed into action unless they are too good to not to see the field immediately.

We have a potentially dominant corps of CB's and I'd like to maintain that. Give me Cole, D.Davis and flip Carlton Davis. If we don't flip Carlton, give me Fenton.

Advertisement
Back