How Should We Finish?

valid

Band
Banned
Sitting at 23 commits, and I think Golden said we are going after 26/27.....but yet we are on a ton of kids.

Let's assume Walton doesn't reclassify, Cronkrite bolts, and of one of the OL gets 'the treatment'. That puts us back to 20 and we are looking good for:

Irvin
Clarington
Peete
Cole
Milo
Coney
Merrick
SBB
Wicker

we should also be getting 2 DTs (one of them JUCO imo). Did I miss anyone? I don't know how the numbers will work out honestly.

Advertisement
I think we'll drop 2-3 players on the current commit list. Irvin, Milo, Wicker & if those dudes from SoFla, who think that reppin Bama is cool, wanna come down and join the party then we let them in ASAP. I'm praying to the good lord above that Coney gets in along with one more LB'er too.

Irvin
Lewis
Peete
Cole
Milo
Coney
Merrick
SBB

Other kids I hope we make room for:

Shelton Johnson

Jason Strowbridge

Took Clarington out and put the TE Lewis instead.

I'll add either Devante or Carlton Davis to that list as well.

Advertisement
Clarrington not qualifying no matter where he goes...unless he gets the trevonte treatment over at lsu

Irvin
Lewis
Peete
Cole
Milo
Coney
Merrick
SBB

Other kids I hope we make room for:

Shelton Johnson

Jason Strowbridge

Took Clarington out and put the TE Lewis instead.

I'll add either Devante or Carlton Davis to that list as well.

SBB but no Ridley?
Man that would suck, I am on the boat that SBB is pretty "meh". Not a good safety or WR just a decent athlete.

Man that would suck, I am on the boat that SBB is pretty "meh". Not a good safety or WR just a decent athlete.

321.gif

Advertisement
I'm not worried about the numbers, TBH. Can't imagine the staff would turn away any blue-chip, high priority recruit who's still undecided in favor of a lesser player who pulled the trigger early.

Here's the way I look at it. The following commits should be here if they want to be here:

All the RBs (not including Walton, who's apparently a 2016 commit until further notice)
Jaquan
Chatman
Perry
Archibald
Lawson
St. Louis
Patchan
McIntosh
Galitz (our current kicker situation is scary)

That's 12 and leaves plenty of room in case we're able to finish strong.

TE - Lewis or Clarington, preferably Lewis
OL - Milo, Merrick
DT - Wicker, Norton
DB - Cole, Irvin, D. Davis
Pipe dreams - Gibson, Ridley, SBB, Coney, Lewis

That doesn't take into account current commits I didn't list who may end up staying in the class or possible surprises in the coming months.

Advertisement
Gosier should be dropped & Emonee Spence also.

I would rather have Spence than Chatman. At least Spence appears to have enough speed to take it to the house and beat guys deep. Chatman is more of a chain mover receiver. Nothing wrong with that but I'll always go with the more explosive athlete when it comes to WR.

i dont understand why everybody is always so down on Cronk. Yes we may have two Rb's committed that may be more talented than him, but who are we to push away 4 star guys? Cronk is a freak athlete whose heart is in miami, but just isnt feeling the love like other commits

On top of that ^ he has pull with other SFl kids. He isnt gonna be jumping to get others committed if hes already feeling forgotten.

Advertisement
Gosier should be dropped & Emonee Spence also.

I would rather have Spence than Chatman. At least Spence appears to have enough speed to take it to the house and beat guys deep. Chatman is more of a chain mover receiver. Nothing wrong with that but I'll always go with the more explosive athlete when it comes to WR.

Chatman is the more explosive athlete in his highlights and I don't think it's particularly close either.

As for speed, Spence ran a 4.75 laser-timed 40 in February 2014 whereas Chatman ran a 4.62 laser-timed 40 back in February 2013. And Chatman's a phenomenal leaper.

Advertisement
Back