How much longer until we declare LT officially a bust?

Advertisement
Not sure if he’s a bust but he’s definitely not deserving of a first round pick based on his production and film in a money year. Occasional splash plays don’t get you there.

The red flag coming out of HS was that I feel the only other competition for him was UF. I don’t remember UGA, Alabama, Oh St, Clemson etc really being involved with him which looking back was likely for a reason.

Advertisement
Wish we could’ve landed a Big DT or 1 Technique to play next to him

Then he could focus on what he does best which is getting into the backfield

But unfortunately he’s kinda playing the 1T role this year and taking on double teams
I agree. People are focusing on the "missed whales" this year, however it's the previous years failure to sign DT's (CB in parallel) and we see and feel it this year. Not getting Rogers, Malone like quality from the portal hurts along with the departure of Jackson and Miller.

For those complaining about Bain and Kelly dropping into coverage...go watch an NFL game and watch how often edge players drop into coverage to cover that curl flat. It's a trait teams look for.

Reuben Bain looks like a more compact, smaller spider graph Travon Walker at times.

LT is not a takeover a game single-handedly type DT, and there’s only a handful of those guys each year. They don’t grow on trees.

But he’s absolutely not a bust either. He really needs a big hog next to him to take on those double teams so he can eat and we don’t have one right now.

Deen is only a hair bigger than Bain so he and LT don’t complement each other. Deen is more of a 3-4 DE - he’s not a DT.

All of that said, we’ve got to land more big time DTs because one stud up front can’t do it alone.

I was talking trash about him on Saturday… but honestly outside of Bain who makes most of his plays on hustle and a few times he overpowers an upperclassmen… LT doesn’t have anyone else on that line whose taking double teams off of him at times…

Really disappointed in Kelly not taking that next step this season but injuries have been a bummer

Advertisement
He's not a bust at all…Nowhere near it.

May he be playing himself out of first round status? Possibly…And I hope to **** it makes him stay, but who knows.

But the "Bust" label is just stupid…You people can't control yourself. Canes loss, canes recruit commits elsewhere? Log on to message board, get on warpath and let the hate just spew!!

I am wondering why the kid is on the field for only 36 out of 80 snaps though??? I understand you want to rotate d-line. But he should be playing around 70% of snaps. Not 45

Advertisement
GW3. Couldnt even get drafted...Made impact play after play from DT position... That was my standard. LT is far below that.

Advertisement
Nope. Playing with 3 other guys on the d-line who were 1st round picks is huge don’t care what conference you in
Carter is a phenom but your right they helped 1000%

And then he went to the eagles they are ******* stacked. Insane. But LT isn’t in the same league as JC…….two different types of players. To me what LT lacks is country strong strength. Bain and Carter will slap someone’s helmet and the face mask will bend.

Advertisement
Back