How much longer until we declare LT officially a bust?

Not true...Acc lowkey have been stocking the nfl with lineman yearly.

And he played in the SEC.....EAST.
I hear u but making it to the nfl is like a lottery ticket, the odds are slim asf.

Millions of kids play football, only 259 get drafted. Probably less of that actually make the roster.. A day 2 pick makes the roster, then get paid millions. Thats succeeding in life, nit the end all be all but they been playing since a toddler if u reach the league u are rare
That is true but has absolutely nothing to do with the point of the post.

Advertisement
Ya but those (with some exceptions obviously) are always more true 3-4 OLB/DE/Jack type edges?

Your point is well taken, but I don't think it fits perfectly

Depends on the system and the defensive coordinator as well as your personnel. Teams are ever-complicating their zone schemes...see Robert Saleh's recent press conference talking about making his zone so complicated it gives the best QBs in all of football headaches. He's one of the best in the business and it obviously scaffolds down, but in the wake of losing the physicality on defense, they are becoming evermore complex to get an advantage. Having your edge players or linemen be able to do this is important in modern football. ****, during the pre-season, the Eagles had Jalen Carter covering wide receivers. Haven't seen a ton of Eagle games this year to see if they've done it with live fire, but its happening way more than people think.

Can't say out of one side of your mouth (not you, but the general discourse) Mario is a barbarian brute head coach with archaic ideas of football and then also want your team to not evolve with the modern game on the otherside of the ball.

Also, shouts to @Coach Macho for bringing this up on this board before the season began. Told yall not to get mad when you saw Kelly dropping into coverage and knew when some of yall did see it, there would be complaints. Good call, brother.

People do understand there is a pretty large area between elite and bust that players can fall into right?
Has he been the all world, 5* talent we thought? No. But he's far from a bust. He's our best DT and has generated plenty of pressures while taking on double teams regularly. He's an above average ACC player currently who has more room for growth as a player.

U know better, we can look at those two play and its two different levels..its not close *** the numbers

Lt not a bust but people let stars set their expectations instead of what they see
Thank you for your first sentence. That is exactly my point. ****ck the numbers. Jalen dominates and disrupts REGULARLY. LT flashes.
You don't like the word bust? Ok that's fine. How about severe underachiever relative to the recruiting ranking? I'm not sure how anyone can say that is an unfair or false statement.

Advertisement
People do understand there is a pretty large area between elite and bust that players can fall into right?
Has he been the all world, 5* talent we thought? No. But he's far from a bust. He's our best DT and has generated plenty of pressures while taking on double teams regularly. He's an above average ACC player currently who has more room for growth as a player.
He plays HALF the snaps of his teammates. Half. He flashes occasionally and he takes plays off. "Bust" generally only applies to highly regarded prospects due to the implied expectations. Tony Mandarich is always listed on the top busts every April. He was terrible with the Packers, sat out for a few years while trying to extract his head from his ****, then played decent for the Colts for three seasons before washing out due to injuries. Had he been a humble third rounder, no one would ever list him as a bust. Because he was taken #2 overall, bust sticks even though he was nowhere near the level of bust as Jamarcus Russel or Ryan Leaf.

He plays HALF the snaps of his teammates. Half. He flashes occasionally and he takes plays off. "Bust" generally only applies to highly regarded prospects due to the implied expectations. Tony Mandarich is always listed on the top busts every April. He was terrible with the Packers, sat out for a few years while trying to extract his head from his ****, then played decent for the Colts for three seasons before washing out due to injuries. Had he been a humble third rounder, no one would ever list him as a bust. Because he was taken #2 overall, bust sticks even though he was nowhere near the level of bust as Jamarcus Russel or Ryan Leaf.
See to me, a bust is the two examples you listed last. Russell and Leaf who were highly touted and just never performed. Leonard was highly touted and although he isn't an All American caliber player, he has been above average for us with flashes of greatness occasionally. Solid, above average contributor.

2.5 leads the team?

Season 1 Smh GIF by BET Plus

Advertisement
See to me, a bust is the two examples you listed last. Russell and Leaf who were highly touted and just never performed. Leonard was highly touted and although he isn't an All American caliber player, he has been above average for us with flashes of greatness occasionally. Solid, above average contributor.
Fair enough, although I was disappointed you didn’t insult me while expressing your difference in opinion.

Advertisement
Dude is playing out of position and is big reason our run d is what it is. Last week was a barrage in the 3rd quarter, 1st half we were fine and he had a lot to do with it. Stat liners know ball though. 🤡s

Advertisement
Some of you guys just don't get it...the real reason Miami is dead and not coming back is because South Florida kids post-2005 are SOFT, entitled, and not willing to work and grind to achieve success like the pre-2000 kids. The whole culture is just broken and kids like LT and so many others are crowned before ever truly achieving anything noteworthy. The physical talent is there. The edge, mental acuity, and desire to be great is not. That's why we perpetually are mediocre no matter the coach and lose to the GTs of the world. Recruiting South Florida is more of a detriment than help these days and it is only getting worse.

Advertisement
Back