How much longer until we declare LT officially a bust?

Advertisement
50 Cent Rap GIF

Advertisement
I'll let the NFL guys determine if he is a bust. IMO, he should drop 20lbs and get asked to shoot gaps.

Advertisement
Taylor Williams kam all need to come back to school. Get another year in the same system. Have some continuity for the first time in their offseason. James needs to stay so he can actually play his position and not play real safety because we have nobody else. Kam has just shown us that he ain’t ready. Potential for all 3 is there.

Hopefully those 3 and porter make up a veteran core on the defense next year with Burroughs and Bain. Add in Kelly who is still young. The class of 23 linebackers. Does Francisco have years left? I’d like him back.

My jaw hit the floor when I saw his picture in practice. I’m sure that has a lot to do with his snaps. He’s never had the best gas tank.

Yea I just remember in the off-season seeing Cooper's transformation thinking "**** we finally getting it right". I was kinda waiting for something like that from LT to show he knows it's money time.

Hey i was a huge Jalen Carter fan when he came out of Apopka.

In fact i even made the comp to our current dt commit Art Jones as Jalen Carter lite.

In each scheme guys are ask to do different things so its hard to compare, and guys also are playing with different level of teammates.

Im not down on LT as you are at all. Especially when he is essentially learning to do something in a enwer scheme that he hadnt b4. He has been taking on two guys at the point of attack better this year and more this year. If you really watched LT b4 or from High school he was always a guy that made plays by getting skinny and swim moves. **** he used the swim move to much sometimes leading to him getting washed but he is really good with it.

They didnt bring in abig guy and lost the starter from last year to our rivals so he kind of has taken over that role...he is paired alot with Gore when i watch..and we sub alot on the dl for whatever reason. He needs to be out there more in my opinion.

HE ISNT A BUST.
Fair points. I want to be clear about one thing though. While I am "down on him" as you mentioned, I am rooting FOR him to succeed.... for The U, for himself, for his family, for his future, both on and off the field. He's still a Cane.

As of right now though, he is a bust. If I'm wrong (and I hope I am), I'll gladly buy you a beer someday.

Advertisement
Defensive statistics is legitimately the worst way to determine how good a player is.

Again, I’m convinced most of you don’t actually watch the games and only watch highlights.

Has LT been elite, all world…no. Is he a good college DT who is certainly not a bust…absolutely.
I acknowledged the statistics thing earlier.

Advertisement
There is significantly more to the Jalen Carter comparison. I chose him because he is almost exactly what LT was supposed to be. Similar size, star ranking, projections, etc. It's not just the statistics; it's the overall body of work. The statistics are the easy grab - I acknowledge as much. Jalen Carter was a game wrecker at Georgia. Take the stats out of it for a second. Can you honestly tell any of us if LT is a game wrecker using your eye test?
Jalen carter had elite players all around him too. LT doesn’t have that

Through six games, our projected 1st round DT has 6 total tackles - 3 solo and 3 assists. He has 1 TFL and 1 sack (I assume this is the same play). His per game production has gone WAY down this year. I get that he is getting double teamed....blah blah blah. You know who was a 1st round DT last year? Jalen Carter. You know who got double teamed a lot in college? Jalen Carter. And you know who made a ton of plays anyway? Yup, Jalen Carter. No, I'm not riding Jalen's meat here. Rather I'm simply pointing out that LT has pulled a Houdini this season after being projected as a first rounder next spring. He disappears in big games, admits to being out of shape and taking plays off. To me, he epitomizes MannyBoyz - cool hashtags and social media presence, but me-first to the core. He reminds of Marvin Austin when he was at UNC. Loads of hype. Lots of flash and even more disappointment.

Before the "I never said he was a first rounder" crowd jumps in here, I agree - he shouldn't be a first rounder. Thing is, this post is about him being a bust. He came in as a 5 star and has not lived up to the billing at all. I'm not talking talent here; I'm talking production. Jared Harrison-Hunte, a 3 star, has produced as much as LT (statistically speaking). I have links to LT's, Jalen Carter's and JHH's stats below for reference.

So the question is....."Do you think LT is a bust?"

LT college stats:

JC college stats:

JHH college stats:
easy gif1696429355936.gif

Advertisement
Back