How much does Rick hiring yes men...

10 years is a long time to go without calling plays. A ton has changed during that time.
This is the crux of the issue. Richt called plays a decade ago. I think that the game has passed him by. We'll see, but that seems like the case.

Advertisement
I don't know what they talk about or what they see or what their roles are.

It would be nice to have a veteran oc for him to work with, but which veteran oc would come here to not be the oc?

Ritch is the OC and I am not going to start advocating for an new OC after 5 games. That seems short-sighted or immature to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk
Didn't mean to down vote but you are making way to much sense

The last coaching staff was fired because they were not only incapable of adding value, they subtracted value. The offensive coaching staff last night subtracted significant value in the biggest game of the year. this loss is on Richt. The culture of excuses lets this stand. If we are going to build a new culture and win, this must be called out and it must be fixed. Now. No one, not even the head coach, is immune from legitimate excuse-free criticism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's warning signs there. I do think part of it is the ****** players on the OL, WR, and RB. But then you gotta adjust. Hopefully we see that in the next few weeks. Not willing to give up on him after one loss cause there is a positive difference between last years team and this years.

We've got 2 WRs that any team in the country would want. And we have 2 NFL TEs. Yearby is far from a "******" player and so is Walton. There are players all over this offense.

Advertisement
What plays do you really think would have been more successful? Our WR's had DB's draped all over them the whole game even when they did catch the ball. It was very predictable, however I think that was nesscessary due to the talent gap on the outside. When the young guys are upperclassmen and the croots are underclassmen we will be able to open up the playbook much more. FSU has struggled on Defense this year but talent comes more in to play in a pro style offense than dual threat college styles. Anyone disagreeing must not have been on the boards complaining about us losing out to FSU on all the top DB's the last few years. We will get there.
In regard to Thomas Brown, he is a VERY smart football mind and not many people know him better than his college coach. Just my opinion.

The last coaching staff was fired because they were not only incapable of adding value, they subtracted value. The offensive coaching staff last night subtracted significant value in the biggest game of the year. this loss is on Richt. The culture of excuses lets this stand. If we are going to build a new culture and win, this must be called out and it must be fixed. Now. No one, not even the head coach, is immune from legitimate excuse-free criticism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we should do what? 20 bamboo lashings to the bottom of his feet? That will teach him.

More than enough to succeed from a player standpoint. At least last night.

Some people were angry about mentioning Ken Dorsey. We don't need Ken because he played QB here. We need a young, technical guy because modern football is as technical as ******* ever and you have to be adaptable more than you have to be experienced. Doesn't have to be Ken. I'd just prefer a young guy with serious technical chops even if it's the first time calling plays. I prefer that over a rigid mentality, anyway. If we can get a technical guy with a ton of experience, better! I just don't see that working with how the staff is setup. Now, we're stuck. Because I don't see how any of it changes without a significant shakeup to the staff.

So, Richt just better get better. He needs someone in the booth who's obsessive with Xs and Os.

Just wait until richt and brown face ****dik and pud foster. Those dudes are licking their chops to shut down our offense. Tough sledding the next 11 fays

Advertisement
Richt will listen to and take input from entire staff, even with their inexperience. Have not heard his post game, but sure he will mention that he has to better put players in position to make plays.

Will he fix it, or just give lip service?

"Fixing it" could take some time, though. I'm guessing that developing a rhythm and identify on offense is one of the things there is and usually takes some time. But, rusty or not, this is richt's wheelhouse

Some people were angry about mentioning Ken Dorsey. We don't need Ken because he played QB here. We need a young, technical guy because modern football is as technical as ******* ever and you have to be adaptable more than you have to be experienced. Doesn't have to be Ken. I'd just prefer a young guy with serious technical chops even if it's the first time calling plays. I prefer that over a rigid mentality, anyway. If we can get a technical guy with a ton of experience, better! I just don't see that working with how the staff is setup. Now, we're stuck. Because I don't see how any of it changes without a significant shakeup to the staff.

So, Richt just better get better. He needs someone in the booth who's obsessive with Xs and Os.

I see it the exact same way. He's got no real eyes in the booth. And he can't really see much from field level. He even told the announcers yesterday that it's much tougher calling plays from field level than the booth.

I don't have the answer and don't know why we had no rythm on offense, but I am not a fan of playing vanilla for four weeks and then trying unbattle tested plays against your rival. Play your game every game regardless of the opponent. I am guessing that was part of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

There's warning signs there. I do think part of it is the ****ty players on the OL, WR, and RB. But then you gotta adjust. Hopefully we see that in the next few weeks. Not willing to give up on him after one loss cause there is a positive difference between last years team and this years.

We've got 2 WRs that any team in the country would want. And we have 2 NFL TEs. Yearby is far from a "******" player and so is Walton. There are players all over this offense.

I'm reserving judgement on Richt as a playcaller until the season is over.

We definitely do have talent at WR, TE and RB though. The problem is that the foundation of the offence, the Oline, is awful and Richt clearly doesn't trust Kaaya. That's seriously influencing his play calls.

Advertisement
All of a sudden he has "Yes Men." That's funny.

When I said MR was a poor play-caller, you did not agree. Now, he has Yes Men. Ah.....okay.

Where were the crossing routes? That's what works against man coverage and good athletes. Why do we not run them?
Thought Richt was the guru of the shallow cross?

Just because Franchise posts 35,000 times and is on here 24-7 makes him a credible poster. The guy is completely clueless.

Advertisement

I see it the exact same way. He's got no real eyes in the booth. And he can't really see much from field level. He even told the announcers yesterday that it's much tougher calling plays from field level than the booth.
So the question now stands: will Richt do what's necessary or will he dig his heels in like the last guy?

There was a few instances where the playcalling was fine, we just ****ed everything up. There's really no need to elaborate at this point. Time will tell.

My Wounded Warriors making their appearances trying to sully another thread with their obsession with me. Do you realize how sad you are being obsessed with some dude you don't know on a message board?

Advertisement
Back