How much does Rick hiring yes men...

The Franchise

The Best EVER
Premium
...with no experience to be his caddies on offense hurt us? He's got his son with zero coaching experience and a RB coach who has never run an offense in his life and has been coaching for about 5 years.

He's got no one to ask, "What are you seeing?". He's not really seeing the game from his vantage point, and he doesn't have a veteran offensive coach to help him.

He also doesn't have a guy who will step up and tell him the truth. You can easily wind up in a bunker mentality with yes men and guys with no experience on your offensive staff.

Look at a team like Alabama. They've got a NC OC Sotkisian as a fcking video coordinator. That's crazy when you really think about it. How valuable is it to have a guy with his experience and success as an offensive coach on your staff in a support role?

Advertisement
Can't stress that enough. We have a dedicated QB coach and our QB looks worse.

This was the first worry flag I saw when he named the staff. What makes his son qualified to be a QB coach at Miami? Thomas Brown is fine - he is basically the RB coach.

With Richt having complete offensive control, I think we lack a system of checks and balances during the game, which is unfortunate. Lets hope some coaches step up during offensive meetings this week to challenge Richt's play calling performance. I'm nervous though, because I'm not sure which coach has the clout to do it - certainly Richt jr and Brown won't. Maybe Searels will take responsibility for his groups' failure and at the same time let Richt know his play calling contributed to the Oline sh*t show. Not sure if Hartley or Dugans want that kind of confrontation either, but I hope I'm wrong.

Advertisement
This wasn't quite a Maryland bubble screens moment for me --

But it's in the neighborhood. My Spidey sense is definitely tingling with regards to the Offense. It also doesn't help that everyone on the offensive side of the ball -- Brown, Dugans, Hartley, and even Searels for a brief moment -- are Richt disciples.

This is their system, and they believe in it.

This was the first worry flag I saw when he named the staff. What makes his son qualified to be a QB coach at Miami? Thomas Brown is fine - he is basically the RB coach.

Brown is fine as a RB coach, but he's the top offensive assistant as Rick's OC. He's not qualified for that job aside from being a high level recruiter that Rick had to give a big pay bump and position bump to get him to come here.

Advertisement
I don't know what they talk about or what they see or what their roles are.

It would be nice to have a veteran oc for him to work with, but which veteran oc would come here to not be the oc?

Ritch is the OC and I am not going to start advocating for an new OC after 5 games. That seems short-sighted or immature to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

They have a lot to do this week. Lot of bad coaching and bad execution. We'll see what kind of staph we have on Saturday. Very disappointed with them right now.

...with no experience to be his caddies on offense hurt us? He's got his son with zero coaching experience and a RB coach who has never run an offense in his life and has been coaching for about 5 years.

He's got no one to ask, "What are you seeing?". He's not really seeing the game from his vantage point, and he doesn't have a veteran offensive coach to help him.

He also doesn't have a guy who will step up and tell him the truth. You can easily wind up in a bunker mentality with yes men and guys with no experience on your offensive staff.

Look at a team like Alabama. They've got a NC OC Sotkisian as a fcking video coordinator. That's crazy when you really think about it. How valuable is it to have a guy with his experience and success as an offensive coach on your staff in a support role?

We need an oc that isn't the head coach. I though you were smart enough to figure this out.

We need an oc that isn't the head coach. I though you were smart enough to figure this out.

I admit this is a knee jerk reaction, but I never was a fan of the head coach calling plays. Time will tell if I'm right or wrong.

Advertisement
Richt will listen to and take input from entire staff, even with their inexperience. Have not heard his post game, but sure he will mention that he has to better put players in position to make plays.

OP raises a valid concern. We just lived through this same nightmare scenario with Golden and his ****** defensive scheme being run by his best friend who he would never fire. I sincerely hope this isn't history repeating itself on the offensive side of the ball.

Advertisement

I agree this was my first worry as well. Nepotism is the worst thing ever.

Richt will listen to and take input from entire staff, even with their inexperience. Have not heard his post game, but sure he will mention that he has to better put players in position to make plays.

Will he fix it, or just give lip service?

There's warning signs there. I do think part of it is the ****** players on the OL, WR, and RB. But then you gotta adjust. Hopefully we see that in the next few weeks. Not willing to give up on him after one loss cause there is a positive difference between last years team and this years.

10 years is a long time to go without calling plays. A ton has changed during that time.

Advertisement
Back