How Long?

Advertisement
Dingaan, Gatorhater, cubin10.... we are some OLD samn Cane supporters and have seen the good bad. About 1958 for me as well.... There wasa period in the 70's and when Dan Marino played for the Dolphins that the 'fins became a closer second.... but nothing has ever been more important than the Canes when it came to football. Lost a few girlfriends over the years as I wouldn't do a **** thing on Saturday's if the Canes were playing... and still won't.

Got to admit liking the Dolphins too but it was before Dan. I was in OB for their first play. Love them with Bob and the boys. I attended Pace HS and they practiced at then Biscayne College. Saw Sula at daily morning Mass a lot. There was a time when you could stand on the sideline at practice next to the coaches and players. Great days. Zonk and Kiick were will cut ups. Later I practiced law with Nick and now I work with Earl's, RIP, daughter. What a football history there is down here. Only perfect NFL team, THE U's dominance of college football. Throw in Canes making college baseball a big thing, the Heat and even those sad *** Marlins winning two World Series and you probably have greatest all-around sports city in the country. Maybe it takes a little work to get us in the stadium but when everything comes together it doesn't get any better. All that, and nothing compare to THE CANES.

Dingaan, Gatorhater, cubin10.... we are some OLD samn Cane supporters and have seen the good bad. About 1958 for me as well.... There wasa period in the 70's and when Dan Marino played for the Dolphins that the 'fins became a closer second.... but nothing has ever been more important than the Canes when it came to football. Lost a few girlfriends over the years as I wouldn't do a **** thing on Saturday's if the Canes were playing... and still won't.

There is a Cane fan generational gap. Where the CANES were when our fan-hood started is enough of a reminder of the history of this program over a 50 year period.

Advertisement
Early 80's, I guess it was Irvin but my guess it was a birth thing. I want to rip my eye balls out right now. I am from the Bean and went to school up here and have never wavered. Never will because I have blind faith. Wearing Miami gear on campus back in the day was interesting but the LT 36 jersey got a dude to call LT which was comical. FSU this year was an all time low light. Just plain Fail. That game was tossed right in the garbage. Georgia friggin' Tech.

Born in Oct 1985 and was going to canes games before I can remember. Dad was from Michigan and picked up on what it was like to be a Cane down here quickly.

My earliest memories was when I was 11 or 12 during the 1997 5-6 season. The only thing that kept us from home games was baseball (and I played a ton of baseball growing up). I went to WA with Hofman and ended up playing baseball in college in GA so I missed a lot of UM games during that stretch but always had myself in front of the TV for them. I was extremely happy to have a roommate for two years from GA that was also a Canes fan (the third was a nole from tally so it was fun during football seasons).

Got season tickets when I landed my first big boy job down here after college and haven't looked back. We've switched seats over the years but now we are the first row above the tunnel the players run out of. Best seats in the house for the $$ in my opinion.

Last edited:
I honestly don't remember. Most of my childhood was spent playing outside, didn't matter what kind of weather so I didn't know about any sports teams. Then Miami Hurricanes hats started popping up where I lived (Houston). Idk if it was because Vanilla Ice was big at the time or the Canes were doing their thing. Shortly after I stumbled into the Miami vs FSU game on tv, I was like "so that's the Miami Hurricanes". I don't remember if Miami won on a FSU wide right or left but I do remember Gino T. getting blitzed like crazy. Anyway, I started fallowing them since and became a fan shorty after, I'm 38 now.

Advertisement
I'm 33 years old. I started watching the Canes when I was 4 years old with my older cousin who was a die hard fan. First game was ND in 1985. Haven't looked back since.

I'm 14 years old, and I've been to every home and away game since the 2000 sugar bowl.

Advertisement
Advertisement
52 years with my first game in 1963 seeing Canes play gators in freshman game with Bob Biletnikoff QB for Canes and Spurrier QB for gators.

Advertisement
Back