How Long?

tomi

Freshman
Premium
I just wanted to know how long people on this forum have been a supporter of the U.

Advertisement
I am 20 years old. I have missed one home game in the last 15 years (2011 BC). My first game was 2000 Miami vs. FSU, besides the 1998 MPC computers bowl where we beat NC ST who had Torry Holt at the time. I was at the Sugar Bowl, Rose Bowl, Orange Bowl, Fiasco Bowl, Peach Bowls, etc. etc. I also go to away games within the state of Florida, so FSU, UCF, USF, etc. I've missed one Mia-FSU game since I started going (2007). BTW I am optimistic about the program and feel we are slowly gaining momentum. I was bagging on Golden after GT, but feel much better after the last four games even last weeks heartbreak.

Advertisement
I am 21 and have been to every home game since 1998 UCLA. I've also been to every away game in the state since then as well. I've been to every Miami-FSU game since 1996 and my first game ever was 1994 Pittsburgh. Both parents have been season ticket holders since 1977 when Lou Saban was coaching.

Last edited:

I became a fan around 2007. I think part of the reason that people are so split between whether or not to keep golden is because older fan are used to us DOMINATING everyone every year and they cant stand that we are not killing teams. Newer fans like me (18) are not like that because we dont remember a time when we were dominant

Advertisement

I became a fan around 2007. I think part of the reason that people are so split between whether or not to keep golden is because older fan are used to us DOMINATING everyone every year and they cant stand that we are not killing teams. Newer fans like me (18) are not like that because we dont remember a time when we were dominant

I'd argue that you have it backwards. The younger fans demand instant gratification and think that the solution to every problem is to fire the coach. The old timers remember when UF ag flopped against us to get their QB a chance at a record. They remember when we sucked and the school wanted to get rid of the whole program. I think they have more patience and look at things in more of a holistic sense. There are obviously many exceptions as well.

I'd argue that you have it backwards. The younger fans demand instant gratification and think that the solution to every problem is to fire the coach. The old timers remember when UF ag flopped against us to get their QB a chance at a record. They remember when we sucked and the school wanted to get rid of the whole program. I think they have more patience and look at things in more of a holistic sense. There are obviously many exceptions as well.

Touche

Advertisement
Been a fan since 2003 but followed since 2001 when Brandon Meriweather committed. Was a big fan of FSU growing up mainly because my parents were big on FSU. The turning point was the 2003 game against FSU aka the "Sean Taylor Game" after that game I became a fan.

Been on this site since 2012 (it was started by a fellow Belen alumnus).

Was born a 'Canes fan in Nov. 1987...we won the NC less than 2 months later.

Was raised a 'Canes fan by a family full of UM alums.

Graduated from UM in 2010.

Went to my first UM football game at the age of 12.

I can't really put a # on it. My allegiance knows no bounds.

Advertisement

Agree

Advertisement
Back