How Long?

Advertisement
+1

I became a fan around 2007. I think part of the reason that people are so split between whether or not to keep golden is because older fan are used to us DOMINATING everyone every year and they cant stand that we are not killing teams. Newer fans like me (18) are not like that because we dont remember a time when we were dominant

I'd argue that you have it backwards. The younger fans demand instant gratification and think that the solution to every problem is to fire the coach. The old timers remember when UF ag flopped against us to get their QB a chance at a record. They remember when we sucked and the school wanted to get rid of the whole program. I think they have more patience and look at things in more of a holistic sense. There are obviously many exceptions as well.

Advertisement
Since I was in third or fourth grade. The 2001 National Championship game is one of my earliest sports memories. The only other sports memories I have from way back then are the Heat losing to the Knicks in the postseason year after year.

I think it was about 1962 when I first went to the OB to see George Mira. In 1963 I was a senior on the varsity at Hialeah when Ted Hendricks was on the JV. Our careers diverged when in addition to not producing a birth certificate I busted my knee in a car accident. Some say he went on to greater things. I'm pretty sure none of this had anything to do with the fact that he was eleventeen feet taller and a better player. ;-) Last time I saw him was at the Hurricane Grill when, after introductions, he hit on my date.

Now that we have had this thread, no jackasses should start a thread with a novel beginning with "First off, I've been a Canes fan for xx years...."

Man I thought I was old but there are some old mofos on this board. LOL. Some of yall are pushing late 60s-early 70s unless you are saying you started following the Canes when you were born!

Advertisement
since 1982 so 32 years...I am not 32 years old

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I thought I was old but there are some old mofos on this board. LOL. Some of yall are pushing late 60s-early 70s unless you are saying you started following the Canes when you were born!

in comparison..there are also a lot of young *** mofos on here

I got nut hairs older than some of you

Advertisement
1983 - 31 Years

Long enough to have attended many games in the womb of the Ole Lady with a beer in hand......

Mrs. Peruche & I took our seats after the last game ever in the OB the night of November 10th 2007.....

They are proudly displayed in my home office.....

DSC00876.jpg

DSC00880.jpg

Last edited:
since 1978 when Miami sent my teammate a recruiting poster with Ottis Anderson on it. I talked the knucklehead into giving me the poster. It replaced the Jackson 5 poster I still had hanging up in my room. Went to USF in fall of 1979 and later met a famous Cane through my frat and his brother in law. He would get us onto the sidelines of games during the 80's where I met and became friends with many players. I still maintain a friendship with most today. Wish I had hung onto that Jackson 5 Poster and my baseball cards, they would be worth a lot of money today.

Advertisement
since i was like 9-10? so at this point 20+ years. When I moved away to VA when i was 13 the internets isn't what it is now, so it was tougher to keep up with the games. Started working during college, had some cashflow and i'd fly down to a game each year. Moved back to Miami in 2010, have had season tickets ever since.

Advertisement
Back