How Long?

Advertisement
To old to remember the exact date, but I watched Ted play and remember all white teams. I'm going with early 60's. Didn't like losing then and still don't.

Dingaan, Gatorhater, cubin10.... we are some OLD samn Cane supporters and have seen the good bad. About 1958 for me as well.... There wasa period in the 70's and when Dan Marino played for the Dolphins that the 'fins became a closer second.... but nothing has ever been more important than the Canes when it came to football. Lost a few girlfriends over the years as I wouldn't do a **** thing on Saturday's if the Canes were playing... and still won't.

Advertisement
Advertisement
To old to remember the exact date, but I watched Ted play and remember all white teams. I'm going with early 60's. Didn't like losing then and still don't.

Ted was in same statistics class, got to see him play both high school basketball and football!

My father took me to Canes games in the 70's. We moved to Tallahassee in like 81 where I went to high school and some college before moving back to Miami. Even living in Tallahassee I wore my Canes gear. I remember being at an FSU game with my girlfriend in 92 the week Miami squeaked by Arizona 9-7, I left because people were throwing **** at me. The whole section was yelling at me how they were going to beat Miami the next week because they were destroying somebody and the Canes had just got by Arizona. I told them all, remember this smile next week. The next week, I was at the 19-16 game calling FSU pussies for trying to get a tie. Wide right ****ers.

Early 80's around age 10. The family has been all Canes going back to my grandfather who used to drive from West Palm Beach down US 1 to games at the OB in the late 50's, taking my father and uncle along. Somewhere we still have a Canes seat cushion that probably dates to the 60's.

Advertisement
Since I was -25 years old, when my grandparents got season tickets in 1954, or technically, when my parents first took me to the OB in 1984 when I was 5.

Advertisement
Started following UM in 1951, but my first memory of anything ever was in the Orange Bowl in 1949. It wasn't a football game, it was a rodeo. Not only that, but many of the people at the rodeo bought tickets so they could watch the baseball game at Miami Field next door. The baseball game - a Spring training game was sold out +++. Miami Field only held a couple of thousand at the most. There were about 9,500 at that baseball game. Many people watched from the ramps at he OB. My dad and I did also. I remember distinctly. I was 4 years old, and remember not one other thing from that age.

Advertisement
Back