How long O’. Lord before we return to this.

Headscratcher as to why Canes fans are so eager to join the Big10; I'm like "mother****ers, are you wanting us to lose?" **** it, let’s go play Sparty in East Lansing in November--we got nothing better to do.
November?!! Early October would be cold by our standards and we’d never get a real opportunity to practise in it.

Walk throughs they day before a game won’t compare.

Advertisement
Was a fun year to watch. Notre Dame game was nuts! Hoping this year we can see the same type of magic in year 2 of Mario that Richt had in his 2nd year.

23551217_10212911416474452_3819307864280350253_o_10212911416474452.jpg

There was a time in 2017 that we were in the playoff discussion. Every sports graphic looks better when that Orange and Green "U" was up top. CMC--bring it home my dude.

I really do wonder if Miami went 11-0 and lost to Clemson if the committee would pick us for the playoffs. They'd probably penalize us for that Ark State game getting cancelled because of the hurricane.
Nah man that was the year to do it. There were so many 2 loss teams that year that it would have been easy to sell a 1 loss Miami team as the 4th seed. ESPN and partners would've been hyping us to the moon with the way we man-handled the shrimpdick domers.

Advertisement
It was in the low 50s shortly after kickoff that day. That's actually warmer than usual for Pittsburgh in late November. If you were on the field and moving around and were somehow cold that day then you probably had a severe medical condition.

Anything below 70 for a true Miami native is absolutely freezing. Moving or not.

a week before that photo was taken was even crazier. #2 - complete frauds of a team

Advertisement
I just don’t get it and if that weather bothered them. WE WONT LAST IN THE B10
Some years ago we played some game in Orlando. It was 55 **** degrees and we had the big coats on.

MC should ban the big coats over 40 at least. Odd the guys move on to Buffalo, Chicago, Green Bay etc and learn to man up

I’ll always assume Rosier was either hungover or took a bribe for that loss.
That loss was predictable. You take a team like ours that year that was having a dream season and send them on the road late season against a team that has underachieved, but has some talent.....look out. Happens every year.

5 minutes into that game you could tell we were in trouble.

That loss was predictable. You take a team like ours that year that was having a dream season and send them on the road late season against a team that has underachieved, but has some talent.....look out. Happens every year.

Underachieving isn’t the word… they weren’t very good.

If memory serves me right we played against a true freshmen Kenny Pickett in his first game who was years away from being his senior whipple offense form…

Headscratcher as to why Canes fans are so eager to join the Big10; I'm like "mother****ers, are you wanting us to lose?" **** it, lets go play Sparty in East Lansing in November--we got nothing better to do.
We play at Pitt every other November now. It’s cold and snowy in the late fall at most of the ACC schools. There literally is no conference where we could avoid playing late season cold weather games.

Also when one league has a TV contract that almost doubles the other's it's a no-brainer.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cane fans so eager to get out of the ACC they forget Miami would git thar *** kicked in the Big10 on the reg.
I disgree sun. Well I reckon we’d roll thru Purdoo, Indiana, all them “I” skools, Mishagun Skate, etc. Ohio Skate mite give us a game.

If I remember correctly, because of the postponements from the beginning of the season, that game was the Canes’ 10th game in a row with no bye. With all of the emotional highs of the season and the injuries that were had, everything finally caught up with the boys. Remember, we were without our top RB Walton, played 4 games, then we lost Herndon. We ended the season like we were beat up and tired. 11 straight weeks no rest. We played on emotion and big plays a ton that season!! Then we were exposed at the QB position as well. Rosier was terrible and other teams started making him beat them with his arm and he couldn’t.

Some years ago we played some game in Orlando. It was 55 **** degrees and we had the big coats on.

MC should ban the big coats over 40 at least. Odd the guys move on to Buffalo, Chicago, Green Bay etc and learn to man up

My former mgr. is a huge Badger fan. His dad is a big booster and has ton of inside info. They travel to all the away games. Couldn't wipe the smile off his face the day Mertz committed to them. LOL.

But his favorite story to tell me is how they went to the bowl game in Orlando and all the Miami fans were huddled up. The players were wearing long coats and had heaters on the sideline. And he goes: "and it wasn't even cold out."

Big difference between moving/living in cold weather where you are use to it everyday then just flying in from south FL the day before.

Most people don't understand what 20 degrees in Nov. with wind chills around zero is actually like. Especially young kids who have never been in those conditions before.

Advertisement
I’ll always assume Rosier was either hungover or took a bribe for that loss.
Even if Miami finished 12-0 they would have been crushed by Clemson in the ACCCG. We’re fortunate Dabo put on the brakes up 35-3 in the 3rd Qtr. He could have run up 50+. The difference in talent level was obvious. And that was the Clemson team with Kelly Bryant at quarterback, not Watson or Lawrence.

They were probably players who didn’t complain in the first place. That’s why they moved on and are getting paid.

My only remaining memory of that game is Manny Diaz stunting the defensive line, and Kenny Pickett simply held the ball and ran into the open gap. Over and over again.

We play at Pitt every other November now. It’s cold and snowy in the late fall at most of the ACC schools. There literally is no conference where we could avoid playing late season cold weather games.

Also when one league has a TV contract that almost doubles the other's it's a no-brainer.
The cold is no excuse. Even an Al Golden Miami went up to freezing temperatures at Pittsburgh, and beat them handily.

Advertisement
Back