How long O’. Lord before we return to this.

Smoke and mirrors.
100%

It was so fun while it lasted, but I never had any illusions about winning it all. Going into that Pitt game, we were undefeated and it was like a foregone conclusion that we were going to lose. Was weird.

Advertisement
If I remember correctly, because of the postponements from the beginning of the season, that game was the Canes’ 10th game in a row with no bye. With all of the emotional highs of the season and the injuries that were had, everything finally caught up with the boys. Remember, we were without our top RB Walton, played 4 games, then we lost Herndon. We ended the season like we were beat up and tired. 11 straight weeks no rest. We played on emotion and big plays a ton that season!! Then we were exposed at the QB position as well. Rosier was terrible and other teams started making him beat them with his arm and he couldn’t.
I think we lost Richards and Herndon before Clemson. Walton got hurt against Toledo, played through it and then broke his ankle against FSU.

We got so many lucky breaks that season. Fun as **** to be apart of it though. We looked good against Wisconsin up until the refs decided to inset themselves into the game. Never seen Richt that ****ed off ever.

Advertisement
Back