How long do we expect to see Deejay Dallas at WR?

305canez

@305Canez
It's been common knowledge that Deejay Dallas will be playing at the WR spot this upcoming season, but I don't necessarily see the need or the fit with a WR core of Ahmmon Richards, Mike Harley, Jeff Thomas, Lawerence Cager, Dionte Mullins, Dayall Harris, and Braxton Berrios. #Storm18 also has mad potential to bring in a group of STUDS at WR. I personally envision Dallas on the defensive side of the ball, helping out our weaker secondary. Just my opinion though. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Advertisement
He's not necessarily going to be at wr this spring. He's there for spring but that doesn't mean he'll be there in the fall.

Indefinitely. The '18 DB class is even more loaded than the WRs. We're building true depth. DeeJay will work to earn his place.

He's a great athlete with great speed, I think since he's an EE he'll be playing initially as a WR/KR/PR.

He could eventually end up playing DB as time progresses, I think he could be good at Safety...

But the thing is, with the 2018 class coming, Idk if it would make sense to play him at DB in the long term because with Blades, Ivey, Frierson, Jobe, Hall, Russell, Campbell, to go along with Quan, Carter, D Smith, Bandy, Young & Dean(for at least another year), where exactly would you play him?

Also, he has the kind of quickness that you just put him on the field & get him the ball.
DB would take some time for him to fully grasp, but at WR he can go day 1 and make plays.

Last edited:
Indefinitely. The '18 DB class is even more loaded than the WRs. We're building true depth. DeeJay will work to earn his place.

Had this afterthought as well. Crazy speculating about what this team could be after 2 more years of these coaches on the 'crootin trail. Crazy how fast you can go from a team in search for plan B's and plan C's to a team that's struggling to to pick which top recruits you'll take in the upcoming class.

Advertisement
He's a great athlete with great speed, I think since he's an EE he'll be playing initially as a WR/KR/PR.

He could eventually end up playing DB as time progresses, I think he could be good at Safety...

But the thing is, with the 2018 class coming, Idk if it would make sense to play him at DB in the long term because with Blades, Ivey, Frierson, Jobe, Hall, Russell, Campbell, to go along with Quan, Carter, D Smith, Bandy, Young & Dean(for at least another year), where exactly would you play him?

Also, he has the kind of quickness that you just put him on the field & get him the ball.
DB would take some time for him to fully grasp, at WR he can go day 1 and make plays.

It's a good point. Coach Richt's made it clear that we're locking down South Florida with these early commitments and the substantially increased level of interest across from SoFlo recruits the board. Especially this year, at the WR and DB positions, there is no lack of talent in South Florida. The depth on this team will be incredible soon come, but regardless of where he's playing, I think Dallas's work ethic and all-in mentality will help set him apart from the pack.

tbh he's destined to be a special teamer, ultimately not big or fast enough and will get bumped by the incoming class regardless where he plays

He is the ball hawking rangy free safety we need. I've been saying this for a while now.

Advertisement

DB would take some time for him to fully grasp, but at WR he can go day 1 and make plays.

Been banging the table for him at Safety, since we first started recruiting him I've been saying it.

He is going to be an offensive weapon. I see him in the slot. I see him in the wildcat with one exception he can pass giving defenses something else to worry about. He has the speed to go deep so that will be in play also. Did I mention punt returner

Advertisement
he is a guy that i really want to see pan out went above and beyond to create recruiting momentum for us. There is a very real chance he gets pushed out by this incoming class but he does seem to be a guy with a strong work ethic and someone who wants to win and succeed so we will see what happens i could see him making an impact at CB, FS, and RB perhaps more so than WR.

Advertisement
He'll be playing RB

This guy is thinking smart. He could see real snaps playing behind Walton and Homer. He'd be the 4th RB right away after those two and Burns. With his shiftiness and open field running, he'd retain a 3rd down back role even when the studs from 2018 get here.

Safety or WR. He'd be perfect in Diaz's system.

Has to play the slot on offense and split time with Harley or JT.

Advertisement
Back