How long do we expect to see Deejay Dallas at WR?

He could be a devastating slot guy like Switzer. Don't underestimate the value that can bring to an offense. Harley, to me, isn't a true slot because he isn't a shifty guy as much as he is a straight ahead burner. Thomas will play everywhere.

Advertisement
Great problem to have for a team that needs to give the starting QB all the help he can get

Bigger Corn E..versatile, can take the pounding of handling the rock.

I've never seen the board so divided on a kids true position at UM. Speaks volumes of the type of player we have in Dallas

Advertisement
He'll be playing RB

I agree. If Cam Akers can make the transition from QB to RB, why can't Deejay?

Because they're not the same player. Dallas is likely a better S prospect than RB. The only way he goes to RB is if we whiff on a grad transfer.

Where is this film that suggest he is a great safety? There is plenty of film with the ball in his hands making plays.

I see a kid with speed and range, he has the ability to read the field like a QB which is something I like in a Safety.Defensive plays - DeeJay Dallas highlights - Hudl

Last edited:
Without Edwards/Henderson he would have moved come fall when the other WR got here but now with Delaney and Jackson moved to safety I think he has a better chance of staying at WR. He is like Hester (not speed/game) but where to play him. He can excel anywhere but the best place for him right now is somewhere that he will touch the ball often.

tbh he's destined to be a special teamer, ultimately not big or fast enough and will get bumped by the incoming class regardless where he plays

what is your projection for the stock market over the next month?? you must have some serious ability to predict that.

Advertisement
He's a great athlete with great speed, I think since he's an EE he'll be playing initially as a WR/KR/PR.

He could eventually end up playing DB as time progresses, I think he could be good at Safety...

But the thing is, with the 2018 class coming, Idk if it would make sense to play him at DB in the long term because with Blades, Ivey, Frierson, Jobe, Hall, Russell, Campbell, to go along with Quan, Carter, D Smith, Bandy, Young & Dean(for at least another year), where exactly would you play him?

Also, he has the kind of quickness that you just put him on the field & get him the ball.
DB would take some time for him to fully grasp, but at WR he can go day 1 and make plays.

I concur about getting this kid on the field as soon and as much as possible. If he had just focused on db in hs, 5* all day(corner or safety). But he was forced into qb to make his team competitive. I know we have a strong db class projected for next year and so on but deejay aint sliding over for nobody; dude is a playmaker on both sides of the ball. He's not a sFL guy but deejay has that dog in him. I hate that he's not allocated to one position as it may hurt his nfl stock. Your opinions are one of the few i can honestly relate to so just throwing in my .02.

In the context of UM's needs, I think he is a WR/Offensive weapon all the way. He is too electric of an athlete to have him spend half of his career learning defense so he can give you a year or two at DB. Our defense is looking to be very stout and even though we've been missing a ball-hawk at S, offensively, we've been missing those players that are a threat to take it to the house every time they touch it. He could be that player his first year here, so let him do it.

In the context of UM's needs, I think he is a WR/Offensive weapon all the way. He is too electric of an athlete to have him spend half of his career learning defense so he can give you a year or two at DB. Our defense is looking to be very stout and even though we've been missing a ball-hawk at S, offensively, we've been missing those players that are a threat to take it to the house every time they touch it. He could be that player his first year here, so let him do it.

I thought the same about Corn Elder. I think Corn would have had success at Miami as a CB,RB, or WR. He just makes plays

Advertisement
Let's see what he can do! He's on campus, and the guys that may pass him up are still in High School. He's dynamic with the ball in hands! I think he's going to be a major contributor on Offense and Defense. Let's see how he develops. Like someone said before, it's going to be a good problem to have.

exactly.

i'm not sure why the previous poster said he was "very concerned"

if being concerned means your roster has dynamic football players who can help you in multiple ways, then i hope i'm so concerned i need xanax

Advertisement
I love him at WR. He's already going to be one of the most physical WR we have. In his highlights he's not only pulling away from defenders but, running through arm tackles. I feel his mindset and mentality reminds me a lot of Duke, in the sense that this kid will give everything he has in order to score or get the first down or block for his teammates. He gives this WR corps an aspect we don't currently have.

There was an interview where the Donk said he'll be a WR, so why all the speculation. From here on out every recruit will come in at a position stacked with top talent. Doesn't mean a new comer can't earn his way onto the field.

I fully expect Deejay to be used like a Swiss Army knife on offense. Line him up at wr, rb and st's. I doubt he leaves that side once we see the plays start to be made.

There was an interview where the Donk said he'll be a WR, so why all the speculation. From here on out every recruit will come in at a position stacked with top talent. Doesn't mean a new comer can't earn his way onto the field.

Message board ppl and there imaginary depth chart fantasies smh

Advertisement
Back