How long did it take you to realize that Golden sucked?

Advertisement
The final straw was the loss to Louisville the second time. I was willing to see if any improvements could be made after the bowl loss. But that season was just horrible in general. getting beat the way we did to Nebraska and the late season collapse just ruined college football for two seasons for me.

Advertisement
For a board that worshipped Goldem, there sure are a lot of people who didn't like him from the start here.

Advertisement
I think a lot of people are confusing their disdain for donofrio as hate for Golden.

I must correct myself. I didn't want Golden gone until he did not fire donofrio after season 1, and found out it was his defense.

I wanted donofrio gone after the merryland game .

As soon as he was hired, I was rather suspicious of his resume. He got so much credit for turning around Temple but still had a losing record there. Furthermore, all the improvement he got credit for there probably just stemmed from the fact that they were moving from the Big East (which we, Va Tech and BC were members of at the time) to the MAC. I will always remember how after the 41-3 loss to Notre Dame in 2012 I went on the Scout and Rivals sites to question if people thought Golden was the right guy to coach Miami. Everybody got mad at me for asking that question and some people even accused me of being a secret FSU fan. Even when we were 7-0 in 2013 I never thought Golden was a good coach. Everybody without ridiculously huge Hurricane glasses on knew at the time that that was the least impressive 7-0 start a team's ever had. I remember believing it was a miracle when we were only down by 7 at halftime vs FSU in game 8. I was wondering if Golden should have been fired after the 2-4 end to the year in 2013. I thought it was unbelievably absurd that he wasn't fired after 2014. What about you?
WHO?

I won't lie, I tend to be an optimist as a fan. I held onto hope Golden might get it together until that ballgame loss to Louisville. For the team to be that unprepared after weeks of preparation was it for me.

I live, breathe, love... the Canes... my cognitive dissonance had me making excuses for the guy.. "Well, we need to give him time"... then when he had a couple of years, I was like "we need to take into account the sanctions"... etc, etc. While I had my doubts about him after the Louisville massacre, I was willing to give him time.. ****, EVEN going into this year, I was hopefully optimistic, and during that first half against Nebraska, it was as high as I got, I thought, the team has turned it around! Finally!

And then the second half, where we still pulled out the win, but I felt dirty and betrayed. That defense, which I never really liked, was simply unfixable. Was that bad half a fluke? But no, Cincinnati beat us, a team that had less talent than a dade county HS football team, and that was it. We had given him more than enough time. Thats when I for sure, 100%, had finally let go.

Advertisement
Lol.

There are so many people in this thread who are flat-out lying right now.

Other than you, me, and Nites I don't remember anyone else. I mean we could go back and check the old posts if we really cared. It is funny how many are flat out lying now. I'd wager the OP is a previous poster as well.

For a board that worshipped Goldem, there sure are a lot of people who didn't like him from the start here.

Yeah most of these guys are flat out lying. I was jumped by 95% of this board anytime i said anything bad about golden back when this board started.

Advertisement
Lol.

There are so many people in this thread who are flat-out lying right now.

[MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION]

image.jpg

Now stfu with that sh*t

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back