How long did it take you to realize that Golden sucked?

Advertisement
Knew we were in big trouble last game of the season his first year here when we got absolutely *** pounded by a terrible 3-8 Boston College team.

Random, but beyond our inexplicable inability to defend Wake Forest's wide split OL, everyone should have known Golden was a fraud by that game because that was the week we found out "the cloud" was lifted. How the team came out so flat after receiving arguably the best news the program had gotten in years, is beyond me.

Lol.

There are so many people in this thread who are flat-out lying right now.

You are correct. Revisionist history can be fun.

I gave him way too much time. That I know. Also got tired of beating a dead horse when it was clear he wasn't getting canned - lead to some posters thinking they are better posters than they really are.

Random, but beyond our inexplicable inability to defend Wake Forest's wide split OL, everyone should have known Golden was a fraud by that game because that was the week we found out "the cloud" was lifted. How the team came out so flat after receiving arguably the best news the program had gotten in years, is beyond me.
Yep, that was the trigger point for me where I really started to doubt Golden. The bowl game that year was the final straw. A month to prepare and they got absolutely destroyed.

Advertisement
Lol.

There are so many people in this thread who are flat-out lying right now.

You are correct. Revisionist history can be fun.

I gave him way too much time. That I know. Also got tired of beating a dead horse when it was clear he wasn't getting canned - lead to some posters thinking they are better posters than they really are.
I'm just glad all of that crap is over with. What a miserable few years to be a Miami fan. Nice to be legitimately excited about Miami football again.

Yep, that was the trigger point for me where I really started to doubt Golden. The bowl game that year was the final straw. A month to prepare and they got absolutely destroyed.
Same, pretty much. KState and Notre Dame were really the two games where I started to entertain the idea that Golden wasn't cut out for this job. The Gator win the next season reeled me back in until Wake.

Again, so glad all of that **** is over with.

The 2013 Virginia Tech game. We made Logan Thomas look like an All-ACC quarterback.

And the rash of three quick special teams mishaps early on caused us to have to play from behind for just about the entire game.

Nites was virtually the only poster to jump off board after Maryland, but we have multiple posters in here who are now saying that they knew after Maryland.

This thread is pure gold.

Maryland floored me. Kansas State - that ripped it forever.

There were just a handful of us who never again had anything good to say about the staff - and we caught **** from many posters here. We were "negative," we "weren't fans," "we needed to root for another team" - all that ridiculous crap - from blind people.

It took most of you another few years to start grumbling.

Then, there were a few idiots pulling for Golden and crew even as we started flying banners - "you're doing untold damage," "you're hurting recruiting," "this is uncalled for," on and on and on.

Well.

We see how that worked out.

Nites was virtually the only poster to jump off board after Maryland, but we have multiple posters in here who are now saying that they knew after Maryland.

This thread is pure gold.

Maryland floored me. Kansas State - that ripped it forever.

There were just a handful of us who never again had anything good to say about the staff - and we caught **** from many posters here. We were "negative," we "weren't fans," "we needed to root for another team" - all that ridiculous crap - from blind people.

It took most of you another few years to start grumbling.

Then, there were a few idiots pulling for Golden and crew even as we started flying banners - "you're doing untold damage," "you're hurting recruiting," "this is uncalled for," on and on and on.

Well.

We see how that worked out.

Kansas State was pretty bad. For everyone who cites 2013 VT as "the game" that did it for them, I question how the **** they didn't scratch their head at the K State game. Their QB literally ran the same play for over 75% of the game and we couldn't stop it.

Advertisement
The 2013 Virginia Tech game. We made Logan Thomas look like an All-ACC quarterback.

And the rash of three quick special teams mishaps early on caused us to have to play from behind for just about the entire game.
Jesus, we made him look better in 2011. It's amazing how people forget that one. 23 of 25. That would be inconceivable had it not actually happened. I don't even know if that happens in practice.

I think Golden did a great job getting the team on track. Especially given the cloud he was under.

I'm very thankful he stuck it out w us during that time, even though he got a pretty raw deal

As for Richt, I'm excited!! He's the kind of coach that can have us back in the top 25, which is great!

I think Golden did a great job getting the team on track. Especially given the cloud he was under.

I'm very thankful he stuck it out w us during that time, even though he got a pretty raw deal

As for Richt, I'm excited!! He's the kind of coach that can have us back in the top 25, which is great!

On track to what?

Advertisement
When we were ranked #8 and he let Wake come into Miami and make it a dog fight.... That was the last day I ever had faith in the frat pledge. After the UL bowl game I started drinking more than Manziel during a bye week.

Advertisement
The Kstate blow out. It was clear he had lost the team.

Also clear that he had lost the team after the ND blowout when their RB told the media that the Miami players quit halfway through the game.

Pathetic.

Agreed, tried to give him another chance after that, but it was clear that his teams were physically soft, couldn't stop the run and had quit on him for the first time, certainly not the last time though as we saw over the remaining 2-3 years.

female?

I got this from somebody else but I agreed with him. Right when he said "Are you kidding me" at his first press conference I knew the guy was a fraud lmao!

Advertisement
Back