How is Peyton Matocha only a 3*?

Advertisement
He should not be confused for a strong-armed QB. There were 1 or 2 10-yd outs to the field side that looked like Slow Mobius was affecting the football. But he does look athletic, able to extend the play while keeping his eyes downfield on the scramble, has good size, a quick-ish release, and throws an accurate football with anticipation (in highlights). He stood tall for a few of those throws under pressure, too, showing toughness.

A lot to like here, but he's probably a 3* because of his lack of arm strength and relative inexperience ... and possibly concerns over some of his comp (I don't know Texas football regions but some of those LBs looked suspect bouncing off of him).

watch Martels tape then watch this kids, if u see that type of player i would make an appointment to go to see the eye doctor. Guy is ranked right where he should be just, (not saying you) but this site is the type to jump on a guy then later if he goes somewhere else he sucks which means his ranking is ok now lol. Different players jump off the screen and some guys dont and remember these are all highlight tapes even from the worst players.

Advertisement
At this point, Miami should take a QB in the 2019 class.

Who? Doesn't matter to me. Take the best eye test evaluation you can get to sign here.

If it were up to me, Perry would be gone...and I feel Weldon isn't much better than walk-on status at this point and like Perry, a risk to fvck up at some point anyway. Unreliable.

So, with a depth chart of Tate Martell and Jarren Williams...this team needs to add someone else. If its this guy? Cool. If its someone else? Cool, too. Bring in some competition.

Advertisement
AT ALL POINTS DATING BACK TO LATE 2017 MIAMI SHOULD HAVE BEEN TARGETING A QB in the 2019 class.

Who? Doesn't matter to me. Take the best eye test evaluation you can get to sign here.

If it were up to me, Perry would be gone...and I feel Weldon isn't much better than walk-on status at this point and like Perry, a risk to fvck up at some point anyway. Unreliable.

So, with a depth chart of Tate Martell and Jarren Williams...this team needs to add someone else. If its this guy? Cool. If its someone else? Cool, too. Bring in some competition.

Fixed it for ya ^^

Advertisement
Guys he is playing against looked small ...... however enough with the frozen rope - read the D, timing and accuracy a lot more important
U have to place that player in the ACC where the windows will be way tighter unless u have a savage wideout that creates space like JT. I can go out there read a D like a wizard and get picked off cause of arm talent. Some guys like Kayaa dont have arm talent but just have enough for college but windows will close and like Hurley Brown says (in the infamous recruiting video and he was absolutely right) its all about projecting him in this uniform with this comp

He should not be confused for a strong-armed QB. There were 1 or 2 10-yd outs to the field side that looked like Slow Mobius was affecting the football. But he does look athletic, able to extend the play while keeping his eyes downfield on the scramble, has good size, a quick-ish release, and throws an accurate football with anticipation (in highlights). He stood tall for a few of those throws under pressure, too, showing toughness.

A lot to like here, but he's probably a 3* because of his lack of arm strength and relative inexperience ... and possibly concerns over some of his comp (I don't know Texas football regions but some of those LBs looked suspect bouncing off of him).

Catholic School ball in Houston. I know they play St. Prius X every year who is a Texas HS Powerhouse

Advertisement
The Houston St. Thomas three-star quarterback, who visits Miami this weekend, is now considered the nation's No. 23 ranked dual-threat quarterback per 247Sports. He was No. 42 just a few days ago

I saw somewhere that he was the highest rated uncommitted QB left. Now that makes sense.

Advertisement
Back