How is Butch Davis not in the UMHOF?

Ummm, b4 I post my thoughts in this volatile thread, can anyone explain how rsa coral gables got banned? Lol @RVACane @JD08
You’re asking me to explain on the open board why he was banned? Ok.

We opened up a thread and he typed something with the n-word and a hard r at the end of it. Now my understanding is that the origin of that sentence is from a movie, Pulp Fiction. Sorry, we can’t have people typing that. Only the owners can allow him back on. It’s their board.

Advertisement
@Caned Peach ....I sat with JJ in the Keys in 1999 with my former Wife on alittle getaway from the Panhandle. We spoke for a solid hour in Islamorada. (Mind you, this of course was when Chuck was on staff) JJ said to me that he honestly wouldn't know what to do if Butch wasn't his Top recruiter from 84-88. When I met Bobby Bowden in 98 while at a Restaurant Show in Tallahassee, (2 weeks after FSU Beat us, but was closer than the score indicated) Bobby said that Butch was the best recruiter he's ever went up against. He said he could see the Level of talent had completely changed in that game.

When Butch had juice left, not many could surpass his recruiting and talent evaluations at the college level. Also had a good eye for hiring coaches.

I'm not going to lie and say I didn't have mixed feelings about him back then for a lot of the reasons already posted (i.e. gameday decisions, how things ended, etc). That said, dang I wish he had stayed. The run would've been something else.

Ummm, b4 I post my thoughts in this volatile thread, can anyone explain how rsa coral gables got banned? Lol @RVACane @JD08
S Reactions GIF

When Butch had juice left, not many could surpass his recruiting and talent evaluations at the college level. Also had a good eye for hiring coaches.

I'm not going to lie and say I didn't have mixed feelings about him for a lot of the reasons already posted (i.e. gameday decisions, how things ended, etc). That said, dang I wish he had stayed. The run would've been something else.
Butch knew his weaknesses...but he more than made up for them in other areas. I was with him Sunday. He lives 8 miles from me. We don't discuss the why he left topic anymore. God only knows we have in the past Ad Nauseum....but when people spew BS as if they know what went on, I will immediately come to his defense. That entire UM Administration aside from a few were poisonous.

Advertisement
Butch knew his weaknesses...but he more than made up for them in other areas. I was with him Sunday. He lives 8 miles from me. We don't discuss the why he left topic anymore. God only knows we have in the past Ad Nauseum....but when people spew BS as if they know what went on, I will immediately come to his defense. That entire UM Administration aside from a few were poisonous.

That administration broke the golden egg being petty, cheap, and clueless. The results continue to be felt to this day as we all painfully know.

I think it was Hurricane Irene, but I remember running into Butch and Schiano at that old *** Winn Dixie behind Sunset Place and Deli Lane. It was right before everything was closing for the anticipated storm. They had a cart full of nothing aside from a **** ton of Miller Lite, cookie dough and those pre-made Winn Dixie subs with expired lunch meat. We were already hammered and greeted them and Butch just said "Get your storm supplies" and pointed at the cart.

That'll be in my induction speech for him when they finally do let him in and when I volunteer to fill-in after @SWFLHurricane is too much of an emotional mess to finish his beautifully crafted speech.

We opened up a thread and he typed something with the n-word and a hard r at the end of it. Now my understanding is that the origin of that sentence is from a movie, Pulp Fiction. Sorry, we can’t have people typing that. Only the owners can allow him back on. It’s their board.

He typed it as opposed to posting a GIF?

Yeah, @Andrew nailed me for that years ago when I tried to quote DeNiro's "Untouchables" speech (in relation to Beta Blake)...

Advertisement
Advertisement

Yeah; glad u guys got to it b4 me. Anyways, understood

anyone in the know knew that butch was lied to about his extension. he loved so fla and donna loved Alvarez and was trying to bring him before she was on campus. shes a typical smug lib. she went to Wisconsin and Syracuse yet acted like she was running Yale when she. was at um.

anyone in the know knew that butch was lied to about his extension. he loved so fla and donna loved Alvarez and was trying to bring him before she was on campus. shes a typical smug lib. she went to Wisconsin and Syracuse yet acted like she was running Yale when she. was at um.
Shhhhh....Stop with the facts, before the Butch Hate Brigade will appear outta the woodwork with more Garbage BS....

Advertisement
@Andrew @DMoney @LuCane

While a reprehensible word (yet used by others don't get me started)...

Allow RSA Cane the opportunity to face Thunderdome in Purgatory.

Maybe get a leathered up MasterBlaster thing going. I'm sure @nystateofmind could recommend a shop.

Allow RSA to explain his deed.

If answer is satisfactory, he does the time and returns to CIS crazy house.

He doesn't, well, it's your bar and you serve drinks as you see fit.

Bust a deal, spin the wheel!*

*I've always wanted to say that

Schellenberger handed over his team to JJ. Built up, restored, coming off a National, and JJ won.
Jimmy handed over a top caliber team to Erickson - and they won two.

Erickson crashed the machine.

Butch dug it out of the dirt - and brought it back - and it took some time.

Now, who was REALLY more successful?

The guys who rode on the success of others?

Or the two who brought it out of the ashes?

And some here want to compare wins/losses?

How . . . tainted.

Brilliant.

Really.

The FIU game nonsense was unforgivable IMHO.

I was a huge fan until that ****.
Stop it....it was 13-0 at halftime. I knew the game was over the second Butch took away the slant, and Enos had absolutely no answer for it. The supposed fake injury stuff had nothing to do with the outcome. Funny how a dozen former UM Greats were standing on his sideline, and not Mannys.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back