How is Butch Davis not in the UMHOF?

Tired Mondays GIF by MOODMAN
I give the people what they want homie!!!

Advertisement
Starting a thread about whether or not he belongs in the UMHOF isn’t inviting the usual suspects to attack each other? Anyone that’s participated on this site a numbers of years certainly should know that any mention of Butch will elicit reactions from either side.
I think everyone is behaving quite respectfully considering the topic.

I was expecting the thread to be more like this
New York Nyc GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Advertisement
Why people don't understand this is beyond me.

Instead they want to hang on to the lame "bad game day coach" argument, which is the stupidest thing they could say. Like that argument supercedes all his other accomplishments.

If you don't like him, just man up and say you don't like him. But don't give ignorant excuses because you look like the typical mouthbreathing Miami fan.

Butch is a Cane Legend and in my opinion, should be treated as such. Some people on here just like to act like the man walked on water and are quick to forget how he ****ed over the U when he lied to everyone when said he wasn’t leaving and did. He also didn’t win a National Title as the HC so you’re going to have push back by some Cane fans.

That doesn’t change the fact that Butch is responsible for putting together the greatest college football team ever assembled under extremely difficult circumstances. I’m sure that if Butch didn’t leave for Cleveland and finished what he started here, you’d have a lot less Butch detractors.

Not everyone is a big fan of the man and I can respect that. I’m grateful for what he did for the U but I still think he was a garbage game day coach! Doesn’t mean I don’t have love for Butch!

He deserves all the credit for his contributions and he deserves the criticism he receives as well!

Advertisement
Where the **** did this come from. Is there nothing else going on in your life.
Butch Davis?!?!!!
I know there has been some bad blood with Butch the way he left the school and his players faking injuries for FIU but he assembled the greatest collection of talent in UM and possibly CFB history. No one is more deserving of being inducted than him.
....don't get me wrong. Butch is a heck of a talent evaluator. I would have loved to have had him on staff buy not a the HC.....he's not a good game day coach. Also, it's time people leave him alone him alone, he's 71 years old. If you want to use him as an analyst, I get it but let's stop with the coaching crap.

@Caned Peach ....I sat with JJ in the Keys in 1999 with my former Wife on alittle getaway from the Panhandle. We spoke for a solid hour in Islamorada. (Mind you, this of course was when Chuck was on staff) JJ said to me that he honestly wouldn't know what to do if Butch wasn't his Top recruiter from 84-88. When I met Bobby Bowden in 98 while at a Restaurant Show in Tallahassee, (2 weeks after FSU Beat us, but was closer than the score indicated) Bobby said that Butch was the best recruiter he's ever went up against. He said he could see the Level of talent had completely changed in that game.
Cracking Up Lol GIF

Advertisement
IDK about Butch's HOF credentials, but if he stays at Miami instead of going to Cleveland, Miami is the team of the 2000s like they were the team of the 80s.

Why everyone assumes this?
Maybe we lose a game or two we shouldn't in 2001 and never win the fifth.

Advertisement
Why everyone assumes this?
Maybe we lose a game or two we shouldn't in 2001 and never win the fifth.
I’m just one man and not everyone. But if Miami won a title with Coker, certainly the architect of the team would win several more. But yes, assumption isn’t gospel.

Advertisement
Back