How I feel after last night......

Advertisement
If the internet blogs and boards were around the Butch era he would have been run out of town also.

They were around. Stop comparing this to Butch. There's no comparison. Butch actually had REAL sanctions and was still better than Golden. Butch coached at UM six years. He had 20 losses. Golden hasn't even finished his fourth, and has 19 losses.

You guys do whatever you can to put blame on the coaches. I'm far from a Golden supporter(or slurper as some of you immature kids say), but this game is on the players. We were up 23-10 and god forbid we run the ball with our best player. We didn't make enough plays down the stretch. It's that simple. The players lost that game. Golden didn't fumble twice, Golden didn't throw that pick, Golden didn't miss the EXP or FG, Golden sure didn't drop a TD pass(Berrios), and I know he didn't drop an INT(Kirby). Plays just weren't being made. The biggest thing I put on Golden is the poor clock management on the final drive(mainly on Coley I'd assume). Golden is also responsible for the lack of pass-rush in the front 4 considering he recruited them. AQM would've definitely helped big time. The run D broke down at the end of the game as well. Golden isn't perfect and like I said, I'm definitely not a fan of his but this loss is far from all on him. The GT, Nebraska, and Louisville games were mainly all on him with the defense scheme(or lack thereof). If Golden can continue to build this defense(start recruiting better) and keep the aggressive scheme we've seen the past 3 weeks, I see this team as the ACC Champs next year with Golden.

Well coached teams don't shoot themselves in the foot

Stop blaming the players. People did this same **** with Randy's guys. Execution is coachable. It's why they rep things over and over and over. Our players **** up in big spots b/c they aren't well coached. Put these same kids on a Saban coached team and they don't **** up.

If the internet blogs and boards were around the Butch era he would have been run out of town also.

Bucth had some struggles and rightfully so being down 30 ships but he also produced results against superior teams. I don't recall davis losing to teams like Virginia...teams with losing records.

Advertisement
Up 23-7 AT HOME and lose? That's on the coach.

FSU had TWO turnovers in a row when we were up 23-10 and somehow won. Why's that? Because they HAD to play to win, we did not.

People can look for any reason as to why we lost, but it all comes back to Golden. There is NO REASON why we lost last night other than him. NONE.

Bucth had some struggles and rightfully so being down 30 ships but he also produced results against superior teams. I don't recall davis losing to teams like Virginia...teams with losing records.

Butch Davis in six years = 20 losses and much, much more serious sanctions

Al Golden in not even four years = 19 losses

If Golden coached here six years, he'd be approaching 30 losses.

You guys do whatever you can to put blame on the coaches. I'm far from a Golden supporter(or slurper as some of you immature kids say), but this game is on the players. We were up 23-10 and god forbid we run the ball with our best player. We didn't make enough plays down the stretch. It's that simple. The players lost that game. Golden didn't fumble twice, Golden didn't throw that pick, Golden didn't miss the EXP or FG, Golden sure didn't drop a TD pass(Berrios), and I know he didn't drop an INT(Kirby). Plays just weren't being made. The biggest thing I put on Golden is the poor clock management on the final drive(mainly on Coley I'd assume). Golden is also responsible for the lack of pass-rush in the front 4 considering he recruited them. AQM would've definitely helped big time. The run D broke down at the end of the game as well. Golden isn't perfect and like I said, I'm definitely not a fan of his but this loss is far from all on him. The GT, Nebraska, and Louisville games were mainly all on him with the defense scheme(or lack thereof). If Golden can continue to build this defense(start recruiting better) and keep the aggressive scheme we've seen the past 3 weeks, I see this team as the ACC Champs next year with Golden.

Totally agree 100%. A handful of plays were the difference in the game. The talent gap has shrunk. To me two plays were the back breaker, berrios drop and the tipped TD 14 point swing.

U realize ermine lane dropped an easy td right before that tipped td. That wasn't a 14pt swing. We caught a break and so did they. That is a wash in my book

Advertisement
You guys are whining way too much. I never post here but some of you are out of touch with reality. This was not on coaching. This was players not making plays. Difference in the game was Cook and Ramsey made plays while our guys didnt. This is like the 99 season. We will be fine. I expect better from dhucks but you sound just like some of these other negative Nancys. Santana Moss said it best. Big time players make big time plays in big games.

Holy ****, what a passive-aggressive slam.

See this is the problem with Butch.

Everyone thinks that bc he came here and struggled first that means any coach who struggles is secretly amassing the next 2001 Canes team.

The problem with this is that A) No one in the last 30 years of college has had a better eye for talent and development than Butch and B) Butch Davis had a REALLY impressive resume before taking over for Miami.

People were saying this EXACT SAME thING during Randy's tenure. Assuming that he was just "the next Butch".

Some of you in here think that the internet was just invented 10 years ago. Internet message boards were around, when Butch was coaching, and he was hated back then by a lot of our fans. Back then, we use to refer to Butch as "Botch", and Larry Coker was known as "Joker Coker".

Advertisement
And since when is running with duke johnson a bad play?..... So were running for 5 6 than 4 than 6 thats bad???

When he cant go 2 plays or stand upright because hes cramping so bad, for starters....

Did you even watch the game? SMH @ the lengths you guys will go to deflect from the staff

I liken this to the LSU bowl game. My heart is shredded. We had two weeks to know our opponent, and we let them do what they wanted to do, to US, their biggest f'n rival. Unacceptable. No excuses. Don't blame the players. If Al would've have implored Coley to keep his foot on the gas, we win easily. Jimbo knew Al would do what he did, and capitalized. We needed to score a touchdown before feeding the backs. Two scores isn't enough to hold down Rapist.

So simple, but so easily overlooked. How? Why?

Why do fans who don't get paid to do the job, understand the job much better and see things coming before the ones that get paid to see these things? Why? It's absurd and a joke at this point.

You guys are whining way too much. I never post here but some of you are out of touch with reality. This was not on coaching. This was players not making plays. Difference in the game was Cook and Ramsey made plays while our guys didnt. This is like the 99 season. We will be fine. I expect better from dhucks but you sound just like some of these other negative Nancys. Santana Moss said it best. Big time players make big time plays in big games.

OK then, where are dem "big time players" then? who recruits them, Donna?

Advertisement

They were around. Stop comparing this to Butch. There's no comparison. Butch actually had REAL sanctions and was still better than Golden. Butch coached at UM six years. He had 20 losses. Golden hasn't even finished his fourth, and has 19 losses.

We could go to Charlottesville next week and he just might pick up his 20th.

I liken this to the LSU bowl game. My heart is shredded. We had two weeks to know our opponent, and we let them do what they wanted to do, to US, their biggest f'n rival. Unacceptable. No excuses. Don't blame the players. If Al would've have implored Coley to keep his foot on the gas, we win easily. Jimbo knew Al would do what he did, and capitalized. We needed to score a touchdown before feeding the backs. Two scores isn't enough to hold down Rapist.

So simple, but so easily overlooked. How? Why?

Two score is enough if ******* coach doesn't stop bringing 5-6 guys. You could see them transitioning in the 3rd series and into the 4th series to that soft zone bull****! Then bringing 3-4 guys to get a pass rush. ********

This is the best miami team we have had in 10 years.... Find me another team with a true frosh qb thats winning titles?

Dude your connection to the staff is brimming out your ears. We have 4 losses, lost the division title with 2 conference games to go. You get no credit for playing your most hated rivals close....Thats what we usually do against FSU until El Foldo showed up. They totally scaled back in the second half, running into loaded boxes. Golden has been utterly and totally out coached in every second half of every game we lost.....badly. This didnt just happen against FSU.

Advertisement
Back