How I feel after last night......

Explain how we let off the gas pedal... Please do? Thanks

In the first half we passed on 70+ percent on first down. In the second we ran 70+ percent on first down.

And on defense, we stopped playing nickel, even on obvious passing 3rd and longs. We took out Antonio Crawford and replaced him with Armbrister in the second half.

I could tell you more but I can't rewatch this fckery right now.

Not true. We ran on 6 1st downs and threw on 5 first downs in the 2nd half. And that is not counting the 1st down throws on the last drive since those were obvious passing situations. I get that everyone is mad that we lost, but we did not go conservative on offense in the 2nd half. Kaaya who is going to be a stud was 1-5 on first down passes in the 2nd half (Again excluding the last drive). He was off in the 2nd half. If we would have thrown more, everyone would be complaining that we didn't burn any clock

Advertisement
You guys do whatever you can to put blame on the coaches. I'm far from a Golden supporter(or slurper as some of you immature kids say), but this game is on the players. We were up 23-10 and god forbid we run the ball with our best player. We didn't make enough plays down the stretch. It's that simple. The players lost that game. Golden didn't fumble twice, Golden didn't throw that pick, Golden didn't miss the EXP or FG, Golden sure didn't drop a TD pass(Berrios), and I know he didn't drop an INT(Kirby). Plays just weren't being made. The biggest thing I put on Golden is the poor clock management on the final drive(mainly on Coley I'd assume). Golden is also responsible for the lack of pass-rush in the front 4 considering he recruited them. AQM would've definitely helped big time. The run D broke down at the end of the game as well. Golden isn't perfect and like I said, I'm definitely not a fan of his but this loss is far from all on him. The GT, Nebraska, and Louisville games were mainly all on him with the defense scheme(or lack thereof). If Golden can continue to build this defense(start recruiting better) and keep the aggressive scheme we've seen the past 3 weeks, I see this team as the ACC Champs next year with Golden.

Good post

You guys do whatever you can to put blame on the coaches. I'm far from a Golden supporter(or slurper as some of you immature kids say), but this game is on the players. We were up 23-10 and god forbid we run the ball with our best player. We didn't make enough plays down the stretch. It's that simple. The players lost that game. Golden didn't fumble twice, Golden didn't throw that pick, Golden didn't miss the EXP or FG, Golden sure didn't drop a TD pass(Berrios), and I know he didn't drop an INT(Kirby). Plays just weren't being made. The biggest thing I put on Golden is the poor clock management on the final drive(mainly on Coley I'd assume). Golden is also responsible for the lack of pass-rush in the front 4 considering he recruited them. AQM would've definitely helped big time. The run D broke down at the end of the game as well. Golden isn't perfect and like I said, I'm definitely not a fan of his but this loss is far from all on him. The GT, Nebraska, and Louisville games were mainly all on him with the defense scheme(or lack thereof). If Golden can continue to build this defense(start recruiting better) and keep the aggressive scheme we've seen the past 3 weeks, I see this team as the ACC Champs next year with Golden.

They will attack you rather than attacking this post, because the post is spot on

Explain how we let off the gas pedal... Please do? Thanks

In the first half we passed on 70+ percent on first down. In the second we ran 70+ percent on first down.

And on defense, we stopped playing nickel, even on obvious passing 3rd and longs. We took out Antonio Crawford and replaced him with Armbrister in the second half.

I could tell you more but I can't rewatch this fckery right now.

Not true. We ran on 6 1st downs and threw on 5 first downs in the 2nd half. And that is not counting the 1st down throws on the last drive since those were obvious passing situations. I get that everyone is mad that we lost, but we did not go conservative on offense in the 2nd half. Kaaya who is going to be a stud was 1-5 on first down passes in the 2nd half (Again excluding the last drive). He was off in the 2nd half. If we would have thrown more, everyone would be complaining that we didn't burn any clock

Posted the play by play... People must of been hallucinating last nite

The bottom line is this...Miami always seems to find ways to lose games rather it be coaching issues or player related. When this is the case it falls on the coaches. Miami was out classed in the second half plain and simple. Miami didn't make plays and fsu did.

If miami were 10-1 with this being the first loss then maybe you could blame the players for this particular game. Miami is 6-4. There always seems to be some break down or combination of break downs that seem to happen more often than not. When this is the case it falls on the coaches. Miami is consistently not having guys execute or coaches execute. That's on the hc.

Advertisement
^^ correct but this games shows were almost there the lack of depth will help that as the frosh and soph are the better players...

L

They will attack you rather than attacking this post, because the post is spot on

Miami is consistantly finding ways to lose games. Miami isnt 10-1. They are 6-4. Every loss is a combination of coaching, guys not executing etc etc. when this is the case the HC is to blame. Don't act like this is a one time thing. When miami plays a team worth something they find a way to lose. This is a cycle that has repeatedly happened under golden regardless of players. In this case the coach is the problem.

Miami has lost to most any good team it's played and even dropped games against inferior teams under golden. This type of behavior displayed by the team is the product of the hc.

The bottom line is this...Miami always seems to find ways to lose games rather it be coaching issues or player related. When this is the case it falls on the coaches. Miami was out classed in the second half plain and simple. Miami didn't make plays and fsu did.

If miami were 10-1 with this being the first loss then maybe you could blame the players for this particular game. Miami is 6-4. There always seems to be some break down or combination of break downs that seem to happen more often than not. When this is the case it falls on the coaches. Miami is consistently not having guys execute or coaches execute. That's on the hc.

This the first fair thing I heard Nites say in a long time.
FSU made the plays and capitalized and we didn't. They made a 53 yard FG while we miss a chip shot.
I could go on but I think they have already been posted ad neaseum.

Advertisement
This is the best miami team we have had in 10 years.... Find me another team with a true frosh qb thats winning titles?

^^ correct but this games shows were almost there the lack of depth will help that as the frosh and soph are the better players...

What? Your post doesn't make sense. In other post i see pump Golden up as this excellent recruiter now your complaining about depth.

I honestly feel bad for Kaaya. The kid should have gone to UCLA.

No doubt in my mind this administration will take too ******* long to act and will, in essence, waste this kid's time here.

God bless him for leaving his home and coming cross country.....let's hope Virginia and Pitt bury us and put a ton of heat on Golden this offseason.

Solid post. At the end of the day, it falls on the head coach, period. You have two weeks to watch film of FSU come from behind to win, almost half of their games this season. We come out, and for some strange reason thinking that a 13 point lead would be enough to hold off FSU. Who do we think we are? Seriously. This game went like almost every other game FSU played this year.

They were who we thought the were, and we let them of the hook. We looked ill prepared to handle that second half. EVERYONE knows that FSU doesn't start playing until the second half, yet we seemed like we just found out that FSU is more than capable of closing as much as a three score deficit without blinking.

We should have come out swinging harder than we did to start the game, based off of the aforementioned. But we didn't. That's on the staff. Those players weren't prepared to deal with what happened. The staff needed to help these guys understand what was at stake, and that the playcalling was going to reflect that same urgency.

I understand getting Duke the ball, but the way we did it, didn't have to be that way. He can get touches in other ways than hand offs. Get him the ball in space too.

I could go on and on about this game, but the point is, a GOLDEN (no pun intended) opportunity was completely missed because the opponent was underestimated. We disrespected FSU last night thinking that we could make it through a half with barely a two score lead, KNOWING what they do in the final two quarters. We set that game up for them on a platter. They wouldn't have had it any other way.

Advertisement
A team that is coached well doesn't make those mistakes. A team that is coached well doesn't make those mistakes time and time again. We had the same **** happen against Duke, VT and UL last year. Then this year, we had the same thing against UL, Nebraska and GT and FSU. There's always the "we didn't make enough plays" and the "if we didn't turn it over or had those penalties." ************ thats a poorly coached team. Especially when its been happening going on 4 years now.

All the signs of a poorly coached team are there.

In 4 years, Golden has only managed to beat 2 teams that have finished with more than 8 wins. We're something like 2-14 or 2-15 against those teams.

If that isn't a smack you in the face, come to Jesus type stat.....then such a stat doesn't exist.

Advertisement
All the signs of a poorly coached team are there.

In 4 years, Golden has only managed to beat 2 teams that have finished with more than 8 wins. We're something like 2-14 or 2-15 against those teams.

If that isn't a smack you in the face, come to Jesus type stat.....then such a stat doesn't exist.

My whole face hurts after that. I've been a supporter, but this type of thing is unbecoming of Miami football. It's NOT who we are.

And whoever this Par dude is, he's f'n legit.

Lol and that's perfectly ok. I've been begged plenty on here(mainly because people don't like the truth) and I'm sure I'll get negged a bunch more. I haven't been supportive of Golden in a couple years(**** I disliked the hire when it happened), but anyone not seeing a better product this past month is beyond dilusional. Yea VT, Cincy, and NC are not very good teams but we blew those teams out. We had F$U beat until the players started giving it away. Golden didn't lose this game. Now we have to see how we do next week. Golden really needs to win out convincingly in each game and win the bowl game(against a good team). He needs to finally finish a season.

I'm proud of the way our boys played. Coaches get a C+, but fact is we got out played and schemed in the second half. As Doug Williams used to say, "stats don't win games, points do". In the end they adjusted and got the points needed to win the game. I leave with this thought, "imagine what we could accomplish with pro level leadership"?

Advertisement
Back